Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your "American dream?"
06-17-2017, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2017 03:26 PM by MourningSkyfire.)
Secession. Freedom of self-identification and agency of ethnic groups. Neo agrarian ruralism or tribalism. The return of chinese finger cuffs. Hemp farming. Land redistribution. And. Deathrock birthday parties, I think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2017, 06:40 AM
(05-18-2017 02:21 AM)Logicius Wrote:  1. What is your personal experience with America? How has it influenced your view on it?

Well... I am a full blooded American, born and raised from California to Portland, Oregon. I currently live in Oregon, and the cops are abusive and racist. The last protest that happened Downtown with PEACEFUL protesters counter demonstrating an Alt-Right (pro fascist, white pride, basically) speech , which a few of my friends and acquaintances were a part, were threatened, pushed with batons, kenneled (quartered in a park, surrounded by pigs in riot gear), and had flash grenades thrown at them by police.

The media (CNN.com) reported the cops said protesters were throwing bottles with foul smelling liquid and confiscated several bags filled with home made weapons. I watched an 11 minute video when the cops started the whole fiasco... you saw correctly, the cops started the whole thing. Sure, the protesters were shouting "ALL COPS ARE BASTARDS" but that gives 'law enforcement' no right to start attacking!

Not to mention Dakota Access Pipeline, Black Lives Matter, and the Orlando shooter not getting charged for assault and murder at a LGBTQ bar... why were you even there if you're homophobic.

Let's also not forget where our taxes go - where the Capitalists want it to go, and the Government at this point is just a Capitalist marionette.

Speaking of Capitalists, I have been working in the restaurant business for the last 3 years, and am in my third restaurant, and the bosses do not even try to work with us on our schedules. There are six coworkers from my last job reporting my last boss to OSHA and BOLI. After I quite there was a mass quitting and he is overworking all the current employees. My partner and the rest ALL worked double shifts last week all days, and she has 46 hours this week. He is giving them overtime and a small bonus at least. This is the America I know. It is abusive, corrupt, but with that said, of course, there is a lot of constructive and sustainable movements happening right now. I am not Anti-American, I am just upset at the current order and doing what I can to stand up for my fellow human and animal beings.

Quote:2. What did America offer to you and what does it offer to everyone else?
It took farm land from my fathers side of the family after Word War 1 (I am of Japanese ethnicity) and now the once flourishing strawberry fields are a golf resort, houses for the rich, but at least there is a Middle School. Education is important.

On a positive, America offers to part of a greater change in consciousness and ethical participation. Although I flip burgers for my paycheck, me and my partner are vegan who buy local, share our recipes and ideas to those who will listen and are working on getting a bigger living area to save what little creatures we can from abuse (PetCo is horrible, by the way. Be aware where you get your animal friends and familiars from; we only adopt from humane societies). There is a lot of research and industry in science and sustainable practices, more so in Europe, but we are starting the catch up (at least the small communities, not so much our Government...). Although a Christian nation, it does offer a freedom from guilt of lack of belief, or agnostic views. I mean, the Church of Satan and Satanic Temple are going strong!

Quote:3. What is your "American dream"?

My dream is to own several acres and have a martial arts and calisthenics training area, an animal sanctuary, a farm where we not only grow for ourselves but for our local community as well. I want to use my land and money to help mover forward a sustainable and happy society. A safe haven for vegans, for alternate lifestylers, for the poor, for the sick, and a way to help them become the healthiest and happiest versions of themselves. This is also the goal of my magic (not to mention fun!), to build a reservoir of constructive potential.

Quote:4. What does America mean to you?

I am saddened and hurt by our police, our corporations, our politicians and the hatred and ignorance our society holds towards things that are different. It also represents facing the Social Shadow for an emergence of a greater and kinder consciousness. America is my home, and the Land is my god and goddess. Really, America does mean freedom, bravery, and democracy to me, and it is what I live and strive for. I am just enraged and sad about the previous mentioned atrocities.

I don't want to see America burn, I want to see it evolve and the world to build its bridges and break down its walls for a united human species built upon and pushed forward by sustainability (with nature and technology) and liberty.

"There is something inherently magical about breath and light and balls of energy." Adam Blackthorne

I am an amorphous sigil of beingless ecstasy, I am a spell cast by blind idiots shot through my Fathers Wand into my Mothers Chalice. I am a slave created to set myself free.
06-20-2017, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017 08:03 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
My North American dream is to be supported but ignored and left alone, protected and defended but silently and without a fuss.

My North American dream is to have everythingvI want and need and luxuries at my fingertips and for my pleasure without being asked for anything in return.

Well, we can dream can't we?

A beautiful space, place, pace, race, and no one harassing me or bothering me or bullying me.

Instead, I live in the North American Nightmare. Full of nightmarish people and faces and feeling uncomfortable and everyone rude and mean and apathetic and things far away and no help or support or defense and Governments that are focused away from the people and their prosperity and making money and deals leading to poverty and pain.

Yet, I try my best to live my North American dream within my North American Nightmare and American Hell.

t "Is this the region, this the soil, the clime,"
Said then the lost Archangel, "this the seat
That we must change for Heaven?--this mournful gloom
For that celestial light? Be it so, since he
Who now is sovereign can dispose and bid
What shall be right: farthest from him is best
Whom reason hath equalled, force hath made supreme
Above his equals. Farewell, happy fields,
Where joy for ever dwells! Hail, horrors! hail,
Infernal world! and thou, profoundest Hell,
Receive thy new possessor--one who brings
A mind not to be changed by place or time.
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
(Paradise Lost Bk. I, ll. 241-55)