Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your opinion on Quantum Physics?
09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
(09-15-2014 03:12 PM)up2quark Wrote:  As above, so below, quantum scales are relative to a big picture. All relative in small and big numbers!
That is yet to be proven as undeniable fact in quantum physics

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Can easily be explained. But as I said before, why would it it all out again when it is on.

http://www.metemphysics.com
Find all posts by this user
04-16-2015, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015 10:30 PM by SteampunkScientist.)
From an electronics standpoint, we can move past the theoretical onto some actual practical things that relate the quantum world to the spiritual world.

Specifically I am talking about 2 different electronic component behaviors: Tunnel Diodes, and Shot noise in Transistors. Radioactive decay is another behavior that can be monitored electronically...

Tunnel diodes work on the basis of the Quantum tunneling of electrons through a classically insurmountable barrier because of the uncertainty principle and the wave/particle duality. These are real devices the exemplify something called "Negative resistance" when they are forward biased. The electrons are in fact "Transporting" from one side of the barrier to the other.

Shot noise, is quantum noise the occurs in transistors again due to the particle/wave duality of the electron.

So what? Well, what is interesting about these devices is that if you carefully construct them, they make wonderful random number generators that are truly "Quantum Random" if I may coin a term...

Radioactive decay, of course, is another Quantum Random behavior that can be measured with sensitive Geiger counter tubes or chips, and in fact here is an instructable that does just that to produce random numbers: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-...Generator/

So, you could essentially create such a device and use it in your magickal practice - for example to see if you can influence the outcome.

Magic: When you pull a rabbit out of a hat...
Magick: When the rabbit pulls you out of a hat...
In either case, you should keep a jaundiced eye on that hat...
10-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Quantum physics is interesting and has given rise to the Quantum Thruster. This almost magical item is fueled by turning particles which appear suddenly at random into plasma. So you can run a thruster in space useing nothing as a fuel source. NASA has tested this odd machine and it does work just at very small thrust values.
10-23-2015, 01:30 PM
(08-15-2014 11:03 AM)HenochiusSimon Wrote:  I get entirely pissed off when quantum mechanics, or math, or theory is used in any way to describe spiritual, religious, mystical realities. Its really fucking n00bish...It has no business being used as an analogy to the realm of the spiritual/aesthetic.

I can see how some could take ideas from quantum theory and relate them to magick. This might be useful to some as a tool (reading Liber Kaos right now, which is a good example), but it's just another means to an end. Take what you can from it, but it doesn't "describe" much in the sense of magick. And I don't think that quantum theory is the same thing as magick, even if one can find parallels when so inclined.
01-11-2017, 07:09 PM
............ Quantum physics is necessary to understand the properties of solids, atoms, nuclei, subnuclear particles and light. In order to understand these natural phenomena, quantum principles have required fundamental changes in how humans view nature. To many philosophers (Einstein included), the conflict between the fundamental probabilistic features of quantum mechanics and older assumptions about determinism provided a cognitive shock that was even more unsettling that the revised views of space and time brought by special relativity.
The word quantum refers to discreteness, i.e., the existence of individual "lumps" as opposed to a continuum. In Newtonian physics, all quantities are allowed to be continuous. For instance, particles can have any momentum and light can have any frequency. A quantum is a discrete packet of energy, charge, or any other quantity.

Don't Let Me DEFILE The LAW Of CREATION In Your Life.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  olin perceptron physics nadir 5 1,133 12-14-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: SteampunkScientist
  Quantum Physics radicalrave 10 777 03-19-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: Knight of the Temple
  The Tao of Physics magari 1 321 02-24-2016 05:47 AM
Last Post: GuruWithin