Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Abramelin translation?
01-14-2018, 05:40 AM
I keep hearing bad things about Mathers. Which version do you folks use?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2018, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2018 09:45 AM by carlsmith.)
The most complete version is suppose to be the Georg Dehn edited version.

In that version, the ritual last 18 months, NOT 6 months, as in Mather's version.

Incidentally, there is a book called The Sacred Magician by someone calling himself William Bloom who claimed to have completed the ritual successfully.
01-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Thanks! I'll check those out.
01-15-2018, 02:10 PM
Yes, Sacred Magician is a day by day journal of the Abramelin working. Another great day by day guide of a mans completion of the rite is Marcus Katz's "After the Angel" both should be read.
01-15-2018, 04:41 PM
(01-15-2018 02:10 PM)Nominon9999 Wrote:  Yes, Sacred Magician is a day by day journal of the Abramelin working. Another great day by day guide of a mans completion of the rite is Marcus Katz's "After the Angel" both should be read.

Thank you! I'll check that one out as well.

I'm going to need a much bigger book shelf when I'm done with this.
01-16-2018, 08:36 AM
(01-15-2018 02:10 PM)Nominon9999 Wrote:  Yes, Sacred Magician is a day by day journal of the Abramelin working. Another great day by day guide of a mans completion of the rite is Marcus Katz's "After the Angel" both should be read.

The book is available on Amazon Kindle for $0.00.
01-23-2018, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2018 09:57 PM by TimeReaper.)
The squares in the book of the sacred magick of Abramelin The Mage have been translated from original text , language , that was Hebrew to other different languages. Therefore the magick with such squares will not work. People who wrote it originally had put secret words, and codes into it. It pretty hard to decode it and it would take one lifetime to decode it fully , as well as time,effort and patience + intelligent . And maybe even than he would have failed in decoding it.
Little hint: It is based on secret , hidden codes in the words and numbers itself , so it is basically heavy,complicate numerology. Book originally was written and made by Jewish origin person. Mage who wrote this book did not want to reveal his original secrets and powers , knowledge .. So i believe that he therefore made that the squares were muddled on purpose. And original Hebrew words are written from right side to the left side. So i simply cannot see how English words or any other language words written from other side(way) around could work.
Anyways good luck with the book.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl5UNuOdwprShU3Vh3gTO...76smU8G9EQ]
01-24-2018, 08:17 AM
@Timereaper. i think what you are saying makes sense

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Abramelin the Mage Questions Darth Ghannic 43 1,140 05-08-2018 11:18 PM
Last Post: ZackDuckers