Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here works with Hecate?
12-04-2016, 02:53 AM
the ones who work with her. How do you see the godess?

she tells me herself that she is evil.

what are your belifs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 03:29 AM by Leonardo.)
Spirits are amoral. Good and Evil are binary distinctions made by humans in order to maintain social order. There are spirits that by nature are destructive that we tend to see in more negative light and others that are creative, Hekate is both.

I've work extensively with Hekate in the context of the PGM as an intermediary spirit, a liminal gatekeeper to the ancestors and the dead, and as the personification of magic itself.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2016, 10:11 AM
If there is a spirit you're contacting directly telling you it's evil, I very highly doubt it's Hekate. She is all shades of darkness and light, she is the all mother, the cosmic soul. I suppose certain aspects of her could be considered by some to be "evil" but I seriously doubt she would ever describe herself that way without further explanation.
12-04-2016, 01:02 PM
What is this evil that you describe?

I am the high-magus of the ever-wrong. The more I know, the more I know I don't know - therefore I know nothing.
12-04-2016, 05:57 PM
(12-04-2016 03:27 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  Spirits are amoral. Good and Evil are binary distinctions made by humans in order to maintain social order. There are spirits that by nature are destructive that we tend to see in more negative light and others that are creative, Hekate is both.

I've work extensively with Hekate in the context of the PGM as an intermediary spirit, a liminal gatekeeper to the ancestors and the dead, and as the personification of magic itself.

Not all Spirits are amoral, may be the ones you've experience with. You gotta ask yourself does she accept human sacrifice? If Yes there you go. Certainly, One of ancient Dark entity.

" A man cannot serve two masters. "
12-04-2016, 08:10 PM
well I am sure that she is hekate. although after a while she chaneged her form to her DRAGON form. one morning she came and wake me up by repeating that she was evil..
and few days ago ı was yearning to summon her again since she is the embodiment of magic and she surprisingly said that she is not necessarely 'Evil' but 'Devilish'. so implying not the best one to work with for soul purposes..
12-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Good for draconic magick i suppose as well. I think i dreamt of here being a dragon humanoid... Draconian i suppose. We had a grudge match and she can use her swordlike claws well.

[Image: bear%203.png]
12-06-2016, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 10:25 AM by Leonardo.)
Guys how many times does this issue have to be fleshed out in forums?

Most spirits do not operate under the same set of moral codes that we do, in fact, morality differs across human cultures as well so there is no universal baseline. There are no objective polarities in the spirit-world. Good, Evil, White, Black, etc. are simply our own projections of moral codes, the spirits can care less; they simply do not operate within our laws (moral and otherwise) and will always act in accordance to their own nature.

Regarding Hekate and dragons...one of her epithets is Drakaina; however, in Ancient Greek, δράκαινα does not translate to our concept of 'dragon'. It is another word used to describe a large serpent. Her connection to serpents is well attested to in various invocations in the PGM where she is invoked together with the Oroboros cosmic serpent via the voce magicae AKROUROBORE KODÊRE(i.e in PGM IV. 2708-2784). Other epithets strengthen this connection such as zônodrakontis and opheoôplokamos, that can roughly translate to 'encircled with serpents'.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Very well said, Leonardo.

I don't mean to derail the thread about Hekate, but for a quick tangent, I feel like in normal everyday conversation too, people are so caught up with 'good and evil,' as if there are people and things that are brought into the world as inherently one or the other. It's this us-vs-them tribal society we live in that programs us and nothing more. There is so much more to life than the societal. "Criminals" are people before they are stigmatized with that label. Perhaps a person is truly victimized, or perhaps alternately their ego believes such things, in some way which leads to a desperate action. The philosopher Sartre has some interesting things to say about it. Is there anything defining morality but a summation of a person or things actions from a certain perspective?

Anyway, yeah, this is why I can't get behind any sort of moralizing or labeling, such as LHP, RHP. I like to evaluate each instance of a thing seperately and in detail.

*tangent/rant over!*
12-07-2016, 04:03 AM
I dont meant to judge the situation but guys I have communed with them myself and one morning hekate came as a dragon and i woke up gazing at her eyeball. my eyes open I could still see her and she was repeating in my head I am evil ı am evil ı am a devil ı am a devil. in georgian. so next time i contacted her she reminded me again that she is evil.
so whats going on here? ı mean ı know your knowladge basis on spirits are neutral but cmon ı ve read some good channelings from light beings that constantly talk about the Dark brotherhood and their adversarial spirit. which evil is inherent ı suppose within such a working class ..

I mean I have a thing for hecate since ı heard its name but she also told me not to practice magic as I was not healthy mentally then. and now i am returning to some basic astral work and I am willing to learn from the draconian tradition.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Evocation works? Nes12 3 325 06-14-2017 08:24 AM
Last Post: OldSaint
  Hecate MotherfuckerJones 0 368 04-03-2016 04:57 AM
Last Post: MotherfuckerJones