Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here works with Hecate?
12-13-2016, 06:30 PM
I'm glad I've found this thread so I can write about her

First, Thank you Hekate for coming when I needed you and being ever so faithful in helping me through this difficult time. Because of you, I am waaaaay better off than where I was and although I twist and turn in the fever of my challenges, I know that I can stand firmly through it now due to your help. Thank you.

Okay, so, from my experience with working with Hecate, I can say that she is no joke. I don't care if you look at her as an actual Goddess or Archetype, I say, she'll let you know that she's there.

She's been around me for years but on the fringes. It started when I bought MAS Queen of Hell. No, I never worked with the book and don't agree with his take on her but there must be something to it because ever since, she been around me, but (as I've said) on the fringes. Maybe she's stalking me, brrrr. Anyway, let me just tell you that you have to be really serious when you approach her because you might not be ready for the kind of assistance she would offer. Everybody's different and in my case, I had to face my own issues in order to find the answer but it was like looking down a hallway of mirrors all facing one another reflecting the same thing but at different angles. Never ending but a lot to consider. If that doesn't make sense, that's okay.

I just suggest, don't try to chum around with her. Be serious if you're going to approach her and respectful. In fact, just be fucking careful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2016, 06:06 AM
I've heard that she is selective about who she will allow to work with her.

(12-07-2016 07:25 AM)xannie Wrote:  I tried to work with Hecate for over two years.

I did regular offerings to her and performed several rituals in her name. During this time she felt very distant. I kept getting a recurring feeling that she was simply far away. I also struggled to approach her astrally. One time during full emersion astral projection I attempted to go to her, and immediately I felt like there were weights on my legs that kept me from moving.

In the end, I took the hint and stopped with the offerings. I now focus on another pantheon that is closer to my ancestral heritage and seems easier to access.
12-16-2016, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 06:10 AM by The Artis Magistra.)
Who here doesn't work with Hecate? Who here performs or deals with magical things or thinks they do, but somehow manages to avoid Hecate?
12-16-2016, 11:31 AM
(12-16-2016 06:09 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  Who here doesn't work with Hecate? Who here performs or deals with magical things or thinks they do, but somehow manages to avoid Hecate?

‚ÄčInteresting to ponder. For example in the PGM Hekate doesn't just emerge as the goddess of witchcraft and magic, she is witchcraft and magic! Every spell cast is in a sense a manifestation of Hekate. This is very similar to the Egyptian term Heka as both the word for 'magic' and the deification of magic. Though there is no historical evidence for the two words (Heka and Hekate) ever being related, the similarities are tantalizing.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2016, 01:30 PM
(12-16-2016 06:06 AM)burnspritely Wrote:  I've heard that she is selective about who she will allow to work with her.

It was interesting and a learning experience because it was the first time I had offerings receive little response. In that sense I still consider it productive.

After around 1 year of doing this, she appeared to me but only for a short time. It was later that I was doing a ritual in her name and felt a sudden and unprompted sense of fear. I don't think she hurt me, but I took it as a message that working with this particular deity would not be worthwhile in my case.

"And the soul, if it is to know itself, into a soul must look. The stranger and the enemy, we saw him in the mirror." Seferis
12-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Tat is the issue draconian magic.? I stick to basics.I'm a guy but work a little whit her.I only find 3 books tat worth my time to her.but I'm guy.it's diferent
12-16-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 02:25 PM by bandaboy.)
I agree with you clovekey, She is a very serous deal. Let me say that she only came through for me when I did significant work with her, that being challenging a spell that was cast on someone I know.
Now its not a wise thing to tackle spell work done by one far developed than you, but this sort of situation I was in and Hekate has no problem with this.
Then when it was over, she was not so responsive, clearly I didnt need her for anything else and she was not interested in whatever was going on with me. But when she comes, you know it. When she goes, you'll know it. For me she has something to do with transformation and a fortnight or so working with her does change oneself. Id call her a dense cloud like formation packed with power than a female goddess.
I subjectively think that her saying she is evil has something to do with your ego. Ego tends to get in the way of pure contact.

That is, a concentrated ego.
12-16-2016, 07:35 PM
(12-16-2016 11:31 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 06:09 AM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  Who here doesn't work with Hecate? Who here performs or deals with magical things or thinks they do, but somehow manages to avoid Hecate?

‚ÄčInteresting to ponder. For example in the PGM Hekate doesn't just emerge as the goddess of witchcraft and magic, she is witchcraft and magic! Every spell cast is in a sense a manifestation of Hekate. This is very similar to the Egyptian term Heka as both the word for 'magic' and the deification of magic. Though there is no historical evidence for the two words (Heka and Hekate) ever being related, the similarities are tantalizing.

Yeah! Thank you for noticing my post and commenting, I appreciate it!
12-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Leonardo is great and the site is a treasure trove for those of us working with Greek influences.

(12-16-2016 07:35 PM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  
(12-16-2016 11:31 AM)Leonardo Wrote:  

Yeah! Thank you for noticing my post and commenting, I appreciate it!
12-17-2016, 12:01 PM
(12-12-2016 10:44 AM)amxha Wrote:  You can determine how well an entity will take to you via your dominant, almuten, and alcocoden planets. So there ya go.

Never heard of this! Are there any resources with more info on methods for that?

a speck in the sand in the desert of where...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hecate MotherfuckerJones 0 271 04-03-2016 04:57 AM
Last Post: MotherfuckerJones