Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Why People Are Generally Afraid To Evoke Spirits
11-01-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm a member of another forum and one of the moderators there posted an excellent response in a thread a junior member posted asking why many new practitioners are against or afraid of evoking spirits. Credit goes to Timothy for this post

**Note. Where necessary I have omitted the name of the forum so as to keep in line with Wizard Forums' rules about not advertising other forums**

Quote:Despite that, and my complete dispassion toward participating on my own forum right now due to my exhaustion, I am going to respond to your post, because the utter stupidity of the points therein, actually piss me off enough to type up a logical counter-argument for all our mutual benefit.

Firstly, those aforementioned people may be "involved in magick", but they are certainly not REAL magicians.

Here's why.

As we've now spelled out ad infinitum, here at Forum Name Omitted, we believe there are 3 core magick skills and relative powers constituting a true sorcerer, or magician. Furthermore, the capabilities are synergistic, meaning, improving your proficiency at one, increases your overall competence at all of them:

1. Divination: Omniscience
2. Evocation: Omnipotence
3. Soul travel: Omnipresence

This is similar to say, soccer, where there are 3 basic, prerequisite skills:

1. Running
2. Dribbling
3. Kicking

Talk to any professional player or coach, and they'll tell you that you are NOT a complete soccer player unless you are actively practicing all 3 abilities.

For example, a so-called player who only runs, but can never dribble or kick is NOT a legitimate soccer player.

The same applies to sorcery (self-aggrandizing magick).

(To be clear, I'm not saying you need to be a *MASTER* of these 3 powers right now to be a proper mage, I'm stating that you need to at least acknowledge the ultimate and inevitable goal of acquiring a working competency and appreciation for these godlike abilities. In other words, you have as your supreme aim the obtaining of these powers)

In reference to the people whose sentiments you've relayed, I'm willing to bet serious money that they abstain from evocation, and hold those silly beliefs, for two reasons:

1. They suck at evocation, so instead of being humble and working hard to improve their incompetency, they rationalized their failure by concocting a fallacious argument that evocation is "wrong" because it exploits spirits.

Rationalizing failure protects their ego from facing their own inadequacy. As a result, they stunt their own growth, and prevent Godhood, by missing a core skill.

Incidentally, this is the same error that the self-imposed members of the lowest class - the poor class - of society often make (translation: communist hippies). Instead of being humble and pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, they absolutely claim that making money and capitalism is evil and diminish into a lifelong vocation of self-made poverty. (And alas, never contribute anything productive to the advancement of our species, thus becoming what they originally despised - parasites feeding off the economy)

2. They are ignorant, superstitious, and consequently, terrified. They are stuck inside the laughably obsolete paradigm that angels and demons are actual living beings, with real thoughts and feelings, and we allegedly "exploit" and abuse them through evocation, like slave drivers. (This paradigm is almost as ludicrous as the belief that spirits are parts of our physical brain - a materialistic theory that astral projection and soul travel debunk)

Several months ago, E.A. and I discussed this exact topic in extensive detail, and we both agreed on our shared conclusion that the angel/demon/god classes of evocable spirits are summarily forms of interactive software stored inside the computer hard drive of digital existence.

(A much-needed transition from the ancient superstitious-religious paradigm to the modern scientific-secular-technological paradigm)

They are artificial intelligence programs, in a sense.

They don't "exist" in an objective manifest state until you boot/load/call up their presence. Exactly like a a website on the internet, it does not appear/exist/manifest on your computer screen until you visit the site through the protocol of a web browser (summing ritual).

And like a mobile app, or PC software, or website, these hard-coded spirits EXIST to SERVE US.

This totally debunks the ludicrous notion that we're "exploiting" the spirits. It's not like they are biological beings, with limited, physical, economic resources, and we're exhausting their time and energy, taking them away from performing other productive activities.

This model also satisfactorily explains why thousands of magicians can evoke the same entity simultaneously and all get magick results... it clarifies why spirits are above temporal and geographic restrictions.

...Because, again, like a website, thousands of people can visit it at the same time, and it'll still appear functionally on everyone's computer screen.

So, to allege that summoning and contracting spirits is an "assault" on them, is tantamount to claiming that surfing the internet is an assault on websites.

It's asinine, paranoid, obsolete, superstitious, and fallacious.

Wrapping up, not only do you NEED to perform evocation to be a well-rounded, fully operant magician... but if you abstain from it, you're WASTING free gifts from the universe that exist solely to encourage and assist your own Ascent to Godhood.

In the end, those idiotic pseudo-magicians you quoted are opposed to evocation, because they are TERRIFIED of it, due to their own ignorance and incompetence.

And it's pathetic.

Again, all credit goes to Timothy.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
(11-01-2012 07:00 AM)The God-King Wrote:  I'm a member of another forum and one of the moderators there posted an excellent response in a thread a junior member posted asking why many new practitioners are against or afraid of evoking spirits. Credit goes to Timothy for this post

**Note. Where necessary I have omitted the name of the forum so as to keep in line with Wizard Forums' rules about not advertising other forums**

Quote:Despite that, and my complete dispassion toward participating on my own forum right now due to my exhaustion, I am going to respond to your post, because the utter stupidity of the points therein, actually piss me off enough to type up a logical counter-argument for all our mutual benefit.

Firstly, those aforementioned people may be "involved in magick", but they are certainly not REAL magicians.

Here's why.

As we've now spelled out ad infinitum, here at Forum Name Omitted, we believe there are 3 core magick skills and relative powers constituting a true sorcerer, or magician. Furthermore, the capabilities are synergistic, meaning, improving your proficiency at one, increases your overall competence at all of them:

1. Divination: Omniscience
2. Evocation: Omnipotence
3. Soul travel: Omnipresence

This is similar to say, soccer, where there are 3 basic, prerequisite skills:

1. Running
2. Dribbling
3. Kicking

Talk to any professional player or coach, and they'll tell you that you are NOT a complete soccer player unless you are actively practicing all 3 abilities.

For example, a so-called player who only runs, but can never dribble or kick is NOT a legitimate soccer player.

The same applies to sorcery (self-aggrandizing magick).

(To be clear, I'm not saying you need to be a *MASTER* of these 3 powers right now to be a proper mage, I'm stating that you need to at least acknowledge the ultimate and inevitable goal of acquiring a working competency and appreciation for these godlike abilities. In other words, you have as your supreme aim the obtaining of these powers)

In reference to the people whose sentiments you've relayed, I'm willing to bet serious money that they abstain from evocation, and hold those silly beliefs, for two reasons:

1. They suck at evocation, so instead of being humble and working hard to improve their incompetency, they rationalized their failure by concocting a fallacious argument that evocation is "wrong" because it exploits spirits.

Rationalizing failure protects their ego from facing their own inadequacy. As a result, they stunt their own growth, and prevent Godhood, by missing a core skill.

Incidentally, this is the same error that the self-imposed members of the lowest class - the poor class - of society often make (translation: communist hippies). Instead of being humble and pulling themselves up by the bootstraps, they absolutely claim that making money and capitalism is evil and diminish into a lifelong vocation of self-made poverty. (And alas, never contribute anything productive to the advancement of our species, thus becoming what they originally despised - parasites feeding off the economy)

2. They are ignorant, superstitious, and consequently, terrified. They are stuck inside the laughably obsolete paradigm that angels and demons are actual living beings, with real thoughts and feelings, and we allegedly "exploit" and abuse them through evocation, like slave drivers. (This paradigm is almost as ludicrous as the belief that spirits are parts of our physical brain - a materialistic theory that astral projection and soul travel debunk)

Several months ago, E.A. and I discussed this exact topic in extensive detail, and we both agreed on our shared conclusion that the angel/demon/god classes of evocable spirits are summarily forms of interactive software stored inside the computer hard drive of digital existence.

(A much-needed transition from the ancient superstitious-religious paradigm to the modern scientific-secular-technological paradigm)

They are artificial intelligence programs, in a sense.

They don't "exist" in an objective manifest state until you boot/load/call up their presence. Exactly like a a website on the internet, it does not appear/exist/manifest on your computer screen until you visit the site through the protocol of a web browser (summing ritual).

And like a mobile app, or PC software, or website, these hard-coded spirits EXIST to SERVE US.

This totally debunks the ludicrous notion that we're "exploiting" the spirits. It's not like they are biological beings, with limited, physical, economic resources, and we're exhausting their time and energy, taking them away from performing other productive activities.

This model also satisfactorily explains why thousands of magicians can evoke the same entity simultaneously and all get magick results... it clarifies why spirits are above temporal and geographic restrictions.

...Because, again, like a website, thousands of people can visit it at the same time, and it'll still appear functionally on everyone's computer screen.

So, to allege that summoning and contracting spirits is an "assault" on them, is tantamount to claiming that surfing the internet is an assault on websites.

It's asinine, paranoid, obsolete, superstitious, and fallacious.

Wrapping up, not only do you NEED to perform evocation to be a well-rounded, fully operant magician... but if you abstain from it, you're WASTING free gifts from the universe that exist solely to encourage and assist your own Ascent to Godhood.

In the end, those idiotic pseudo-magicians you quoted are opposed to evocation, because they are TERRIFIED of it, due to their own ignorance and incompetence.

And it's pathetic.

Again, all credit goes to Timothy.

This is really silly, but cute. Does not sync with historic schools. Why is that?
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 10:45 AM
(11-01-2012 10:11 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  This is really silly, but cute. Does not sync with historic schools. Why is that?

Thanks for your input.

11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
(11-01-2012 10:45 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 10:11 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  This is really silly, but cute. Does not sync with historic schools. Why is that?

Thanks for your input.

Didn't answer the question. Mind you, this is not input. Why is this in disagreement with ALL major schools of magick????
11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
(11-01-2012 10:50 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  Didn't answer the question. Mind you, this is not input. Why is this in disagreement with ALL major schools of magick????

Of course it disagrees with the historic schools.....it's a MODERN school of thought. Funny though, the historic schools say that the spirits are real beings, existing outside ourselves........which you disagree with. Less modern schools say they part of our brain or subconscious.......which you disagree with.

11-01-2012, 11:29 AM
(11-01-2012 11:21 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 10:50 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  Didn't answer the question. Mind you, this is not input. Why is this in disagreement with ALL major schools of magick????

Of course it disagrees with the historic schools.....it's a MODERN school of thought. Funny though, the historic schools say that the spirits are real beings, existing outside ourselves........which you disagree with. Less modern schools say they part of our brain or subconscious.......which you disagree with.

The traditional schools most certainly do not. No one your age would have advanced beyond outer veil in any school. Only the outer veil of pre-1900 would consider such entities real. Now, if a modern school of thought, why does it use the traditional school terminology... SO INCORRECTLY????
11-01-2012, 11:31 AM
(11-01-2012 11:29 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  The traditional schools most certainly do not. No one your age would have advanced beyond outer veil in any school. Only the outer veil of pre-1900 would consider such entities real. Now, if a modern school of thought, why does it use the traditional school terminology... SO INCORRECTLY????

Definitions change, words change.
http://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/20...ntroversy/

[Image: rumbasmall.jpg]
You misunderstand me. I said that everything happens for a reason. I never said that everything that happens has a purpose.
11-01-2012, 11:32 AM
(11-01-2012 11:29 AM)riverwizard Wrote:  Now, if a modern school of thought, why does it use the traditional school terminology... SO INCORRECTLY????[/b]

Perhaps you should ask the one who created the actual post. I only re-posted it. Don't ask the driver what's wrong the car, ask the dealer from whom he got it.

11-01-2012, 06:13 PM
It was a nice read and comparing the spirits to a website was genius Smiling

So no longer pretend
That you can't feel it near
That tickle on your hand
That tingle in your ear
Oh ask it anything
Because it loves you dear
It's your most precious king
If only you could hear
11-01-2012, 07:25 PM
(11-01-2012 06:13 PM)Archaea Wrote:  It was a nice read and comparing the spirits to a website was genius Smiling

Yeah. Makes it A LOT easier for people to understand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Alternative ways of working with spirits FerretPL 17 256 01-16-2017 04:30 PM
Last Post: Greendragonwolfkin
  How to Invoke and Evoke Lucifuge Rofocale belials_earth 17 3,989 01-10-2017 10:39 AM
Last Post: Vkjehannum
  Spirits which can aid in Gambling? TR109 4 218 12-30-2016 06:27 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  Collection of Constraints on Spirits amxha 16 1,289 12-23-2016 09:08 AM
Last Post: FarhnamDrunk
  My question for those who have questions about the spirits in the Goetia? clovekey 6 303 12-18-2016 02:44 AM
Last Post: The God-King