Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wizard Forum's School of Magic
07-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Fronin's WF Grimoire suggestion got me thinking. Lately this forum has become more about occult discussion rather than teaching and learning. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, rather we have a lot of members coming here to learn rather than discuss. Since this is a forum dedicated towards beginners, what if we create a whole new section of WF for the school. Qualified members can post lesson plans, worksheets, tests, etc and members who decide to study in the school can go to that section, download the lesson plans and learn and study. This side of WF can be for discussion, while the school is for learning.

Students could get custom user titles to reflect their current learning status, their usernames could be a specific color (like how Staff is green and Admin is purple. Students could get their own color). Students would only be allowed to view material on their grade level. Once they've passed a grade, the next subforum section will be "unlocked" for them and they can download and learn the next grade material. It would be a great way to get newer members to stay after they join. They'd have a reason to keep coming back and posting: learning.

So what does the community think? Would you support a Wizard Forums School of Magic or an Occult University of sorts? Let me know your thoughts.

You sold your soul to me, need I remind you?

Occult Coaching & Spiritual Services
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 06:18 AM
That would be pretty awesome, I used to be apart of another occult forum that did something like this.
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Great idea, I do doubt we have enough willing and wise enough members, though.

So no longer pretend
That you can't feel it near
That tickle on your hand
That tingle in your ear
Oh ask it anything
Because it loves you dear
It's your most precious king
If only you could hear
07-07-2014, 06:32 AM
I like the suggestion, however I do not approve of giving students custom usergroups/colours. A title at most imo. Also I don't think there is any point in restricting content on a grade basis, that would be useful if we were monetizing this service, but if it's free why not have it just open to all?

[Image: z3bJrZD.gif]
07-07-2014, 06:33 AM
You have my support on this. However, I am bugged by the same question as Archaea... Do we have enough teachers (not only from the knowledge point of view, but also from the persistence and activity one too)?

[Image: 1484245578377.png]
07-07-2014, 06:42 AM
(07-07-2014 06:23 AM)Archaea Wrote:  Great idea, I do doubt we have enough willing and wise enough members, though.

Yeah that could be a major hindrance.

07-07-2014, 06:43 AM
(07-07-2014 06:32 AM)SkullTraill Wrote:  I like the suggestion, however I do not approve of giving students custom usergroups/colours. A title at most imo. Also I don't think there is any point in restricting content on a grade basis, that would be useful if we were monetizing this service, but if it's free why not have it just open to all?

There are ways of handling the titles, I think. Maybe in the shape of tokens or awards gained through research and practice. All would have to be handled seriously and rigorously, as well as observed by those who will be assigned as teachers, of course.
As to the restricted contents, I agree it wouldn't be necessary. To gain a title one would have to pass the previous one (if I understand the concept correctly), which would make no difference to who sees what.

[Image: 1484245578377.png]
07-07-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah, will we have enough people to consistently produce content?

Perhaps a better thing (at leadt for now) would be to set up a learning center where people can ask questions, and pros can answer.

07-07-2014, 06:47 AM
(07-07-2014 06:32 AM)SkullTraill Wrote:  Also I don't think there is any point in restricting content on a grade basis, that would be useful if we were monetizing this service, but if it's free why not have it just open to all?

Beginners would just jump around to and from random lessons gaining to real foundation. Kind of like what happens now. How many times have we seen a thread by a new member who wants to start practicing an advanced art like evocation but when we ask about their magical basis they have no clue what you're talking about. If we restrict access to students then they'll be able to learn in an organized pace and can gain a foundation.

07-07-2014, 06:48 AM
(07-07-2014 06:47 AM)The God-King Wrote:  
(07-07-2014 06:32 AM)SkullTraill Wrote:  Also I don't think there is any point in restricting content on a grade basis, that would be useful if we were monetizing this service, but if it's free why not have it just open to all?

Beginners would just jump around to and from random lessons gaining to real foundation. Kind of like what happens now. How many times have we seen a thread by a new member who wants to start practicing an advanced art like evocation but when we ask about their magical basis they have no clue what you're talking about. If we restrict access to students then they'll be able to learn in an organized pace and can gain a foundation.

I see your point, but I feel strongly against privatising/hiding content. Maybe have a recommended path, but I would still like these topics to be viewable by regular members.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Wizard forums app iphone darangal 2 501 07-04-2017 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apolo
  Wizard App Deebo 2 514 04-06-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: Fedora
  Wizard Wiki Ebsuru 11 1,909 03-07-2017 12:42 AM
Last Post: Ontical
  Forum for Instructional Threads amxha 5 949 02-28-2017 09:48 AM
Last Post: Ryen
  Please how can i contact the owner of this forum. Wild Card 4 639 01-12-2017 06:46 AM
Last Post: Wild Card