Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Wizard Forums - Getting Started
02-01-2012, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 11:19 AM by Protestant Priest.)
[Image: NjbxP.png]

Hello, I'm Ebsuru and welcome to Wizard Forums! In this guide you will be learning how to be successful at your time here in WF and how to use components of the forum.

You are most likely confused at this point. Don't be! If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community, they will help you to the best of their ability. But in this case, I can help you out. The first thing you should do is read the Help Documents (click here to view them).

If you are not familiar with MyBB Forums and how they operate, please read all of the Help Documents (including the Rules), it will help you out a lot. If you have been to a MyBB forum before, just read the Rules. After you do this, feel free to post a thread in the Introductions forum. We would love to know about you!

If you wish to view a members profile and/or contact them, use the Member List. You can contact them by sending them a private message, which is a handy function. You can compose a message and fill in the details and then just hit send. In an instant, they will receive the message and be alerted of your presence.

I will now go over your UserCP (User Control Panel). This feature is easy to use once you get a hang of it. Once you have come to the UserCP, you can do a variety of actions. You will see them listed to your right. The main features are editing your profile and changing your account options. Be sure to check those out.

[Image: c0584.png]
The posts you have made throughout forums will be shown on your profile. Make sure you post HQ (high quality). You will be recognized for these achievements. Posting LQ (low quality) will get you banned or warned. As long as you keep your posts HQ, you are on the right track.

[Image: n8OT0.png]
Reputation points are one of the main features that members enjoy having. When you join these forums, you have 0 reputation points. From there, you can get positive reputation points. If you contribute and are high quality, you will most likely get reputation points from members who think you deserve it. By clicking your reputation, you will find the comments posted by users with the reputation they gave you. If they are breaking any rules in these comments, report them immediately.

Asking for reputation points is strictly against the rules. If you find anyone breaking this rule, report them to staff.

[Image: nfcl2.png]
Awards are given out if Crow thinks you deserve them. Do not ask for awards or PM staff about them. If you would like to see a list of awards that you can get here, view the Awards page. There are a variety of awards that many members are capable of receiving.

[Image: kyDxB.png]
Administrators
Crow - Owner of Wizard Forums

Super Moderators
xTiNgUiSh
The God King
Protestant Priest

[Image: 1jG4U.png]
If you see a post violating any rules, report that post. At the bottom right corner of the post you want to report will be a button that looks like this:

[Image: postbit_report.gif]

Click the button and enter a reason to report the post, it must be valid. Please be serious when reporting posts. You will be in trouble if you decide to report random posts. If you do report valid posts, you may receive an award.

[Image: Uedsz.png]
Thank you for reading this thread, I hope it does benefit you in one way or another. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message, I would be glad to help. I hope your time here at WF is a great one. May you learn a lot and prosper from doing so.

Have a great day,
-Ebsuru
Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Well good thread, i hope it gets stickied !
02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Thank you root3r and Aspida for your support, I truly appreciate it.
02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Great guide Esburu. However, you should edit the reputation part, as we don't have a negative reputation option here on Wizard Forums. I believe it brings negative atmosphere within a community.

[Image: ihHkl9DpHjvxp.png]
Become what you are
02-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Great thread. This would be a good sticky for the introductions.
02-01-2012, 07:50 AM
(02-01-2012 07:46 AM)Crow Wrote:  Great guide Esburu. However, you should edit the reputation part, as we don't have a negative reputation option here on Wizard Forums. I believe it brings negative atmosphere within a community.

Thank you Crow for notifying me, I'm glad we only have positive reputation points (less fights). I have accommodated the changes.
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 06:01 PM by Svarog.)
Great job! The forum needed this. Smiling

EDIT: I think it should go to the "Announcements and Feedback" section. It would be easier to find it there and it could help more people.

[Image: 1484245578377.png]
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Holy shit this is extremely HQ, good job OP Happy

[Image: CSVSl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh God, these threads. hahaha

[Image: 4horsemen.gif?w=584]
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone
Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 05:25 AM
I have added Svarog and xTiNgUiSh to the staff list (congratulations by the way).
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy new year Wizard Forums! Zeroclaw 10 221 01-05-2017 09:42 AM
Last Post: Nightwolf
  Elite Wizard Forums users to summon God! Crow 50 6,241 04-03-2015 08:55 AM
Last Post: Leviathan
  Wizard Forums Stats - Web Stats Domain.com Phil_B 13 1,841 03-15-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post: The God-King
  Wizard Forums is officially 1 year old! Crow 32 2,280 01-26-2013 09:40 PM
Last Post: Stoner
  Wizard Forums Mobile Version Crow 72 5,788 01-21-2013 07:59 AM
Last Post: Grin