Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf happened? Gone deaf
12-09-2016, 10:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 10:55 AM by Arkadius-Rash.)
On thanksgiving I woke up completely deaf (I live alone and yeah no family in the area) I don't remember going to sleep, I wasn't drinking the night before all I remember are the dreams of me playing an fps (first person shooter game) and running from bullets and a couple times getting hit, whenever I got seriously injured my vision went pin point and I'd realize I was dreaming at which point I'd "will" myself to "respawn" at some point I couldn't respawn and I was thinking "WAKE UP!!" and I woke up.. but my whole left side was messed up, arm numb, blood coming out of that ear, deaf for 6 hours till my hearing started to come back slowly (until then every sound was a very loud buzzing sound like in movies and voices sounded like the adults in Charlie Brown) I could barley walk I kept twisting my ankle,
So my question is.. I'm in good physical health.. a doctor said I must have hit my head on my headboard to my bEd during a seizure in my sleep but when I was washing my hair in the shower and during the doc visit I had no bump or nothing to contribute it to (although the doc visit was recent) they have ruled out tumor and such..
Anyone have any idea's? I put this in health and fitness because I like to rule that out before all else.

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 01:44 PM
So what are currently the possibilities you have in mind of what it could be? The blood coming out of the ear element sounds like something may have damaged or ruptured your eardrum or scraped it somehow. Are you dealing with anything which might have been interested in doing that?
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2016, 01:56 PM
That's the issue, everything seems to be fixed by now, a week ago I got out the rest of coagulated blood and I haven't had any issues but wtf other than a head injury could cause this?

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
12-09-2016, 02:05 PM
A few things. Sometimes spiders or insects go into the ear. Sometimes people poke or scratch their ear while sleeping and can do it with great force or even a combination of both. An infection with a big pimple like thing there can do it and burst. Something can also come and poke the ear, implant something, or extract blood or other things. Any sudden movement during such a procedure can also cause some damage or blood. An intensely sharp sound or electrical impulse can do it. I am not sure about the head injury thing because it doesn't appear you hit your ear or head anywhere and the issue seems to be somewhere in the ear with at the very least blood filling the ear and possibly drying making it blocked and hard to hear or function since the vibratory hairs were not able to move or receiving the vibrations. The water likely washed the blood enough to make hearing return.
12-09-2016, 02:18 PM
(12-09-2016 02:05 PM)The Artis Magistra Wrote:  A few things. Sometimes spiders or insects go into the ear. Sometimes people poke or scratch their ear while sleeping and can do it with great force or even a combination of both. An infection with a big pimple like thing there can do it and burst. Something can also come and poke the ear, implant something, or extract blood or other things. Any sudden movement during such a procedure can also cause some damage or blood. An intensely sharp sound or electrical impulse can do it. I am not sure about the head injury thing because it doesn't appear you hit your ear or head anywhere and the issue seems to be somewhere in the ear with at the very least blood filling the ear and possibly drying making it blocked and hard to hear or function since the vibratory hairs were not able to move or receiving the vibrations. The water likely washed the blood enough to make hearing return.

Poking at it seems the most possible I have pics of the day after it happened or it leaving the amount of blood the day it happened, it still raises questions but I have money so I will have more tests done... it is worrysome though :/

12-24-2016, 06:15 PM
It is indeed very worrisome one way or another to wake up with something like that.