Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoga practice
05-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Yoga is my favorite exercise and i daily do that exercise at least 20 mints. this is the best exercise to keep your body flexible and fit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 08:39 PM by Anderson.)
Hi everyone..!
Yoga is a perfect choice for body fitness . It makes the body more flexible and helps you relax in every kind of environment . Bikram Yoga is my favorite because that includes all the components of fitness like muscular strength, weight loss and muscular endurance.
08-07-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 09:04 PM by kyles.)
Hi everyone...!
Yoga is the best and very easy way to keep your body fit and healthy . Yoga also increase the flexibility of our body . My favorite types are hatha and power yoga and both of them will give you good result you should must try these both types.
08-08-2014, 01:10 AM
One of the types of exercise that greatly increases magical power and capability, tai chi, and uh there's one more that skips my mind I think it's mentioned in the physical program section of israel regardies modern magick.
Spellings are off somewhere ^

[Image: skull%20star%202_zpsfqphqop8.jpg]
08-08-2014, 01:56 AM
(08-08-2014 01:10 AM)darangal Wrote:  One of the types of exercise that greatly increases magical power and capability, tai chi, and uh there's one more that skips my mind I think it's mentioned in the physical program section of israel regardies modern magick.

I have practiced lots of forms of yoga, my favorite of which that someone has already mentioned is Bikram, especially for Hatha Style, its hardcore, challenging, and awesome.

But the way we understand yoga in the west as 'exercise' is a complete misnomer.

Real Yoga, of which hatha is simply one physical approach, also encompasses all kinds of mystical and contemplative/meditative practices. I recommend Sri Aurobindo's "The Synthesis of Yoga" if you want a comprehensive view of what Yoga is really all about.

As far as doing it just for exercise, there is a reason yoga works for 'recovery'. I don't consider Western Hatha Yoga as 'training', but merely recreation.

I do still practice Hatha Yoga sometimes on the weekends.

T

My God is will and triumphs in his paths
My God is love and sweetly suffers all
~ Aurobindo from 'Savitri'

Shit Happens, Flowers Grow
~ Bloom Shop Motto
02-20-2015, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2015 10:12 PM by JamesAdam.)
Yoga is really very good for our physical and mental health.
I practice yoga in my regular routine. Today I am strong physically and mentally because of regular yoga workout.

James
03-05-2015, 06:01 AM
Yoga is a wide spectrum of knowledge.
But I think the yoga that you are asking about is the one you see people performing various body contortions towards longivity and better health and life!That kind of yoga is available in any of the books that you want to buy or also available on the internet.
03-10-2015, 04:23 AM
(08-08-2014 01:56 AM)HenochiusSimon Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 01:10 AM)darangal Wrote:  One of the types of exercise that greatly increases magical power and capability, tai chi, and uh there's one more that skips my mind I think it's mentioned in the physical program section of israel regardies modern magick.

I have practiced lots of forms of yoga, my favorite of which that someone has already mentioned is Bikram, especially for Hatha Style, its hardcore, challenging, and awesome.

But the way we understand yoga in the west as 'exercise' is a complete misnomer.

Real Yoga, of which hatha is simply one physical approach, also encompasses all kinds of mystical and contemplative/meditative practices. I recommend Sri Aurobindo's "The Synthesis of Yoga" if you want a comprehensive view of what Yoga is really all about.

As far as doing it just for exercise, there is a reason yoga works for 'recovery'. I don't consider Western Hatha Yoga as 'training', but merely recreation.

I do still practice Hatha Yoga sometimes on the weekends.

T

Thanks for recommending the Sri Aurobindo book, I'm gonna read that. I do hatha yoga poses mostly as a preparation for either meditation or sleep. It basically helps to relax the body and then the mind but knew yoga as a whole has other purposes and am really curious to learn much more about the various practices that qualify as yoga.
05-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Generally, yoga is beneficial for the mind and body. Pranayama and Raja yoga is what I, more or less, consistently practice. Family and job demands a lot from me and majority of the time and little of "me" time is hard to come by for self development.
04-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Yoga has given me inches of extra flexability in both sides. I'm now loosened up to wear heels. I've not noticed much strength yet but I think I would if I increased my routine. I feel great after a session. Very energized and no back pain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hatha Yoga Fedrin 0 626 04-13-2013 02:51 PM
Last Post: Fedrin
  Haute yoga Robbieava 14 2,214 04-13-2013 02:49 PM
Last Post: Fedrin
  Anybody do Yoga exercise? -1 194 Today 11:58 AM
Last Post: