Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoga practice
01-11-2017, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 11:04 PM by Lady Makayla.)
(01-11-2017 03:32 PM)mantishugo Wrote:  There is something troubling me for 4-5 days. Ever since I have started Pranayam, I have been feeling this little pain in my left lungs on breathing and doing some physical movement. Can anybody tell me if it is because of doing yoga in the wrong manner?

What kind of pranayama are you practicing? (type and minutes) Time of the day? Do you have any conditions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 04:39 PM
(01-11-2017 10:53 PM)Lady Makayla Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 03:32 PM)mantishugo Wrote:  There is something troubling me for 4-5 days. Ever since I have started Pranayam, I have been feeling this little pain in my left lungs on breathing and doing some physical movement. Can anybody tell me if it is because of doing yoga in the wrong manner?

What kind of pranayama are you practicing? (type and minutes) Time of the day? Do you have any conditions?

I do breathing exercises such as Bhastrika (2 minutes), Anulom Vilom (10 minutes), Kapalbhati (15 minutes). And I do these exercises every morning after waking up. I don't have any condition.
01-14-2017, 06:18 PM
(01-12-2017 04:39 PM)evanmarcus Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 10:53 PM)Lady Makayla Wrote:  

I do breathing exercises such as Bhastrika (2 minutes), Anulom Vilom (10 minutes), Kapalbhati (15 minutes). And I do these exercises every morning after waking up. I don't have any condition.

My advice would be to stop bhastrika and kapalabhati for a while. They are the most harder for the subtle body. They shake it. Yes, they energize it, but it can also "burn" it if you have blockages in the nadis/meridians. And believe me, you don't want that.

Lungs are related in the emotional body to grief, whether conscious or unconscious.

Another point to have in mind is your constitution or dosha. People who have high vata are recommended shorter times or skip completely those pranayamas.

The important things is that you know yourself and don't let the ego get in the way. If your body is not ready, acknowledge. train it. You can't challenge yourself to do 100 push-up in a row if you can't do 10, right? With pranayama is the same: reincorporate them slowly (minute by minute).But first that pain has to go away. Focus for a while in AV, with and without retentions and start with a minute of kapalabhati, followed with more AV. Let your body, your whole self get used to high prana

Hope it helps
01-16-2017, 03:33 PM
(01-14-2017 06:18 PM)Lady Makayla Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 04:39 PM)evanmarcus Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 10:53 PM)Lady Makayla Wrote:  What kind of pranayama are you practicing? (type and minutes) Time of the day? Do you have any conditions?

My advice would be to stop bhastrika and kapalabhati for a while. They are the most harder for the subtle body. They shake it. Yes, they energize it, but it can also "burn" it if you have blockages in the nadis/meridians. And believe me, you don't want that.

Lungs are related in the emotional body to grief, whether conscious or unconscious.

Another point to have in mind is your constitution or dosha. People who have high vata are recommended shorter times or skip completely those pranayamas.

The important things is that you know yourself and don't let the ego get in the way. If your body is not ready, acknowledge. train it. You can't challenge yourself to do 100 push-up in a row if you can't do 10, right? With pranayama is the same: reincorporate them slowly (minute by minute).But first that pain has to go away. Focus for a while in AV, with and without retentions and start with a minute of kapalabhati, followed with more AV. Let your body, your whole self get used to high prana

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will do pranayam only after getting well again. But what is "AV" you were talking about? Can you suggest me how I can cure "Nadi dosha" first? And how can I identify whether I have high vata or Pit dosha?

I'm drinking Goji Berry Juice to get rid of skin problems.
01-17-2017, 12:37 AM
(01-16-2017 03:33 PM)mantishugo Wrote:  
(01-14-2017 06:18 PM)Lady Makayla Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 04:39 PM)evanmarcus Wrote:  I do breathing exercises such as Bhastrika (2 minutes), Anulom Vilom (10 minutes), Kapalbhati (15 minutes). And I do these exercises every morning after waking up. I don't have any condition.

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will do pranayam only after getting well again. But what is "AV" you were talking about? Can you suggest me how I can cure "Nadi dosha" first? And how can I identify whether I have high vata or Pit dosha?

AV= anuloma viloma.

there are many "dosha test" online. Do at least 2-3 to have a better idea. If you answer the questions having in mind "your usual self" you'll know your constitution, your personal blueprint; when you do it having in mind how are you feeling lately you'll know where there is an imbalance.
I you want or need some help to interpret the result and your best approach to your practice, send me a PM
02-10-2017, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 03:14 PM by mantishugo.)
Thank you for your time answering my queries. I'm recovering slowly but the pain is still there on my chest and get little worse when I exercise or breath deeply. There is something more which is bothering me ever since I was a child. I cannot do all the stretches involved in yoga sessions because I cannot touch my toe without bending my knees. I feel immense pain in my calf muscles while doing so.

I'm drinking Goji Berry Juice to get rid of skin problems.
02-21-2017, 08:00 PM
I love dancing at the same time yoga. Yoga is my form of exercise at least three times a week.
02-21-2017, 11:34 PM
I do intermediate yoga for flexibility by some chick named Cassandra.... it's not too difficult and not too easy. It has changed my life for the better.

I was interested in kundalini yoga but there isn't a lot of it on YouTube

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hatha Yoga Fedrin 0 603 04-13-2013 02:51 PM
Last Post: Fedrin
  Haute yoga Robbieava 14 2,166 04-13-2013 02:49 PM
Last Post: Fedrin
  Anybody do Yoga exercise? -1 188 Today 03:22 PM
Last Post: