Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this meditation?
01-04-2017, 07:46 PM
yesterday i tried to meditate, i started by visualizing running water from tap with ma eyes closed. At first i was the tap, the running water, and the container.

At a point only the running water became visible, which is actually my intended focal point.

It got to a point where i started seeing rays of yellow light, revolving light, light coming to me and departing from me. Is that part of meditation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2017, 09:50 AM
And it didnt cause the urge to pee?

[Image: bear%203.png]
01-05-2017, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 12:58 PM by bandaboy.)
Yeah man, it is.

The yellow light could be that which colours the pee...Only kidding!
01-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Hey ovele, nice question.
When I first started meditating, I had the same question about all kinds of experiences I started having. I'm going to go ahead an preface this by "I am not a meditation guru".
That being said, I think what you are experiencing is more of a visualization. That is when you focus really hard on a feeling or image, whether it moves or takes multiple forms. Visualization is essential in most forms of magic, as it triggers the creative conscience that helps humans create in their reality what they see and believe in their mind.
Although, this sort of visualization can be triggered during meditation, normally it takes quite a bit of time and experience to cultivate the skill into processing something like what you are describing. Since you are asking "is this meditation", no offense, but I believe you are not experiencing this in meditation.
Although, some can and might argue that any state that isn't the Alpha "problem solving, the mind moving from thought to though endlessly" is a type of meditation, I disagree.
Meditation is about clearing the mind so that:
1. You are able to focus better
2. There is less chatter that isn't really accomplishing anything. (Thinking with a purpose is very different than thinking)
3. The practice of visualization can be "supercharged" by thinking in a "one track mind" state so you only think about the visualization.
4. More communication between the conscious and unconscious minds can occur.
5. Eventually you *might be able to achieve Enlightenment.

I am a novice, so if any more experienced occultists or magicians have a better way of explaining this, I'm all ears. This is what meditation means to me, and my humble explanation of something that has been one of the most life changing phenomenon I have experienced. (And if anyone else wants to add anything or refute me you're more than welcome)
01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Thing is ovele you will have many experiences from these concentration exercises, no big deal. But if that experience yields you knowledge that can help you or another, if that experience is permanently transforming then that experience is worth noting.
01-06-2017, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 07:46 AM by ovele.)
no, lol, i like your sense of humor

thank you a lot
01-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Meditation doesn't mean that you have to seat in a place for hours and make your mind go blank.

Don't Let Me DEFILE The LAW Of CREATION In Your Life.

[Image: qxryxg.jpg]
01-17-2017, 02:48 AM
The simple explanation of meditation i have encountered is this:

Meditation is the practice of consciously choosing to think of fewer things than usual. Often, the goalis to eventually think of nothing at all for a time. However, I use meditation to focus on something important, or to open the door in my mind to other modes of thought.

So yes, the experience you had is in fact, meditation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Symbol during meditation Kokonutts 10 173 04-23-2017 05:46 PM
Last Post: deos
  Cloud Meditation Ryen 1 129 04-08-2017 10:47 AM
Last Post: toddvtx1300
  EA's meditation video, would this be helpful to do? I Magickinqu 14 540 03-31-2017 12:06 PM
Last Post: Magus_austriacus
  Zoomed out vision after meditation Deodat Lawson 5 149 03-30-2017 12:47 AM
Last Post: Ryen
  The Styx Meditation Fronin 16 2,007 03-04-2017 06:25 AM
Last Post: belphguy