Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
magical mishap saved by an entity... or something.
11-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Thought i would share an interesting little event that happened yesterday.
I usually always cleanse a room by burning salt and rubbing alcohol together in a fire proof bowl (the source for this method I think comes from a Rune Soup article, I hope, I cant really remember). Anyway, it works for me. However recently I lost my bowl that I usually do this in, so for the last couple of burning sessions I have been using a normal thick glass/porcelain bowl, knowing full well that it wouldn't last too long under the hot conditions.
So, yesterday I'm sitting down in front of my burning salt, relaxed and zoned out, when I hear the tiny sounds of glass cracking. I could then see the crack growing up one side of the bowl. Deciding that this was another entry on the list of my dumb blonde moments, I jumped up and grabbed a tea towel. But I still cant lift the bowl, its too dam hot, and it was full with rubbing alcohol, if I had spilt even a little the flame would have followed onto the floor of the lounge room.
So in a moment of indecision, I'm standing there saying "shit, shit, shit" when all of a sudden, on this particular hot summers day (I'm Australian), the temperature drops, it was cold, and the large flame still burning goes out immediately. The thing is the flame only goes out when the alcohol has burned off, never when its still full, as the bowl still was. And on top of this my dog chose that moment to cower and run for the door.
So, lets just say i didn't continue the magic session that i had in mind, although i am grateful to whoever or whatever it was for stepping in when they did. Disaster averted!!!

You guys ever had anything happen similar????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2016, 01:20 AM
(11-22-2016 10:03 PM)Liv Wrote:  Thought i would share an interesting little event that happened yesterday.
I usually always cleanse a room by burning salt and rubbing alcohol together in a fire proof bowl (the source for this method I think comes from a Rune Soup article, I hope, I cant really remember). Anyway, it works for me. However recently I lost my bowl that I usually do this in, so for the last couple of burning sessions I have been using a normal thick glass/porcelain bowl, knowing full well that it wouldn't last too long under the hot conditions.
So, yesterday I'm sitting down in front of my burning salt, relaxed and zoned out, when I hear the tiny sounds of glass cracking. I could then see the crack growing up one side of the bowl. Deciding that this was another entry on the list of my dumb blonde moments, I jumped up and grabbed a tea towel. But I still cant lift the bowl, its too dam hot, and it was full with rubbing alcohol, if I had spilt even a little the flame would have followed onto the floor of the lounge room.
So in a moment of indecision, I'm standing there saying "shit, shit, shit" when all of a sudden, on this particular hot summers day (I'm Australian), the temperature drops, it was cold, and the large flame still burning goes out immediately. The thing is the flame only goes out when the alcohol has burned off, never when its still full, as the bowl still was. And on top of this my dog chose that moment to cower and run for the door.
So, lets just say i didn't continue the magic session that i had in mind, although i am grateful to whoever or whatever it was for stepping in when they did. Disaster averted!!!

You guys ever had anything happen similar????

Is there a particular reason you're burning rubbing alcohol for cleansing? Because I've never heard of this practice before and it sounds unsafe. Why don't you just burn camphor or frankincense or something that already has this purpose?
11-23-2016, 01:45 AM
(11-22-2016 10:03 PM)Liv Wrote:  You guys ever had anything happen similar????

People think I'm crazy when I tell this story, but....

When I was little, about 4-5, I was playing down the street in an abandoned lot with some other kids while my mom was talking to a neighbor at the our house (about 3 lots down). The baseball we were playing with went across and I ran to get it. At the same time, a muscle car came roaring around the corner and down the street at full speed. Before I could step out into the road, something physically pulled me back and down.

My mother screamed, but I was fine; the car continued on down the street. There was no one physically near me when this happened. It was not a spontaneous reaction on my part because I never knew I was in danger.

I'd say you owe a prayer of thanks to a guardian angel, spirit, or totem.
11-23-2016, 03:13 AM
My bycicle accidents should have left me dead or badly injured. I cant help but think oddities aiding.

[Image: bear%203.png]
11-23-2016, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2016 08:36 AM by Liv.)
well the rubbing alcohol is used to activate the salt I'm assuming, i feel that it really does work in making the atmosphere/energy of a room lighter. it also helps with cleansing you too. in this particular case yes it turned to be a little dangerous, however that was due to my stupidity in not using my usual fire safe bowl. and the flame is mostly a clear flame with the usual yellow/orange. its beautiful. try it and see how u feel, with all the safety precautions you can put in place of course. i am temporarily living with my brother and his children and therefore cannot go nuts with the incense, my older brother feels that no matter how old i get any reason will still do to pay me out.

(11-23-2016 01:45 AM)Kjeran Wrote:  
(11-22-2016 10:03 PM)Liv Wrote:  You guys ever had anything happen similar????

People think I'm crazy when I tell this story, but....

When I was little, about 4-5, I was playing down the street in an abandoned lot with some other kids while my mom was talking to a neighbor at the our house (about 3 lots down). The baseball we were playing with went across and I ran to get it. At the same time, a muscle car came roaring around the corner and down the street at full speed. Before I could step out into the road, something physically pulled me back and down.

My mother screamed, but I was fine; the car continued on down the street. There was no one physically near me when this happened. It was not a spontaneous reaction on my part because I never knew I was in danger.

I'd say you owe a prayer of thanks to a guardian angel, spirit, or totem.

did your mum believe you when you told her that something intervened? i wonder how many accidents have been averted due to spirit/angel or whatevers interventions....Perhaps its not as completely free-willed in life as we think.
11-23-2016, 08:58 AM
At the time, my mother was a fundie Baptist. A few years later, she claimed to become demon-possessed and it was scary. She is currently a charismatic Pentecostal (the Holly Roller type). i said all that to say that, yes, she believed me at the time and still does. She has always believed in the supernatural. We differ on specifics these days, though.
11-23-2016, 12:21 PM
(11-23-2016 08:58 AM)Kjeran Wrote:  At the time, my mother was a fundie Baptist. A few years later, she claimed to become demon-possessed and it was scary. She is currently a charismatic Pentecostal (the Holly Roller type). i said all that to say that, yes, she believed me at the time and still does. She has always believed in the supernatural. We differ on specifics these days, though.

well, you are here for a reason then. i wonder if that whole concept of 'you still have work to do" is the reason behind 'divine intervention', or whether its just a random entity that feels sorry for a child in danger (using your example here) whom steps in to avoid a bad event for the child involved? Yea, when i die I'm hoping god and i can have a nice long chat on the way of things.
12-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Which God or Goddess shall that conversation be with the Pantheon of options is vast. But in the end there are a few who share cultures due to population shifts. (Slavery, famine, wars, explorations, etc...)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 10 467 09-29-2017 01:04 PM
Last Post: ZackDuckers
  Magical life hacks Wylandriah91 13 604 09-21-2017 12:59 AM
Last Post: Wylandriah91
  Spells and magical idea's to uncross money curses and blockages obeahman101 0 256 09-06-2017 07:07 AM
Last Post: obeahman101
  Your funniest magical coincidences/synchronicities Calicifer 9 319 09-02-2017 03:10 PM
Last Post: Zhor
  Do you think a magical college would work? Wylandriah91 12 416 08-16-2017 08:41 PM
Last Post: Wylandriah91