Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visualization troubles
09-21-2017, 09:11 PM
You could try visualizing what touch, sound, taste or smell looks like in a mystical sense, if that is easier for you.
Here's an exercise: First, void meditate. Just force vacancy of mind, no thoughts, until you have no thoughts. Now look at an object then close your eyes, and imagine it slowly turning around 180 degrees but as its opposite color, on a black background. Yellow and Purple are opposites, Red and Green, Blue and Orange. The void meditation creates a literal dark space for you to do other brain things like visualize. If you have too much activity, then there are many objects and lights that will just block every attempt to form an eye and see with it in your brain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2017, 10:14 AM
You could also try the "apple" technique of visualizing an apple in front of you and picking it up and feeling the texture of it, seeing the color, smelling it, maybe biting into it and tasting the juices and flavors. Start with little things, eventually you will get the hang of it. Try putting on some binaural beats and sit up when visualizing so you don't fall asleep.
09-23-2017, 11:17 AM
Cool little subconscious trick... look at one of this pictures that can be two things and randomly switch to see the reverse also if you look at a 3D rectangle box outlined on paper it will do some crazy shiz if you blink after staring at it for a while this switching puts your brain in a trance state,
Not much to do with OP, however it had to deal with visuals and I wasn't going to make a thread for that Hehe

In order to Hear, we must Listen; In order to See, we must Look; and in order to Understand we must Want To.
Nature is the teacher of art..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2017, 03:37 AM
(09-03-2017 07:36 PM)Wylandriah91 Wrote:  I myself had the exact same trouble and what actually helped me a lot was hypnosis. There's some great youtube channels with loads of free videos and they feel great and help train you without much or any work on your own part. Every time you watch on it's easier to go into a trance state and while being hypnotised IS different to meditation, I found it vastly helps overcome the physical tendency to stress and quiets down the mental chatter immensely Happy

hmm might have to give that a go as well, thank you. i have noticed that i'm getting better at it over time, progress is slow but it's there.
10-03-2017, 03:23 PM
you should try deprivation tank and see if that helps.

First immortality, then the bitches
10-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Something that should be mentally prepared for, might I add.

Take everything with a grain of salt, and a mound of hope.

BethLamedAinSamethSameth AlephLamedLamed TauHeAlephTau ResAinAlephDaleth
10-10-2017, 09:49 PM
(09-03-2017 01:09 AM)aardappel77 Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I have a problem when it comes to visualization. I was one of those kids that would daydream a lot therefore i find it relatively easy to visualize situations or objects. however for some reason i can't seem to make a simple circle, triangle or other shapes.

Does anyone have any good tutorials/videos on how to learn this, because i believe this will greatly improve my sigil work.

sincerely,
Aardappel77

Practice by visualising objects that are circles, triangles and other shapes. Imagine a coin. Imagine a pyramid. Imagine a book (if you need a triangle). If you can daydream more exotic images this can give you the outline and then you can simplify it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's the difference between imagination and visualization? thescotty 9 1,344 02-13-2017 11:49 PM
Last Post: isabelmarmion78
  Surrender Meditation | A Spoken guided visualization (Letting go of control) Treeson 1 467 02-22-2016 11:32 PM
Last Post: A LEADER
  AP Troubles Topkek_Is_Life 11 1,505 02-28-2015 02:16 AM
Last Post: V. Juel D'Cian
  Questions about Concentration vs Visualization Leon 29 2,351 12-28-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Frater.Akenu
  Visualization exercises? Zardas 0 380 08-18-2014 07:36 AM
Last Post: Zardas