Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you fucking disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way
09-16-2017, 07:16 AM
Everyone is free to have their own opinion on me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2017, 12:26 PM
Calicifer,
I feel your biggest needs to change is to become humble.
not the superficial humble, the real humble.
but its hard to make such a big change, that's why i agree u get out of your small country....to see the big world.

actually i wanted u to stay there to take care of your family, i feel they r not really that bad, i feel u should travel the world till a bit later,
but i know u won't listen.

Internet can't help this, u must really see and experience the outside world.
and don't type too long posts.... never finished reading all your posts...
save more time for meditation.
09-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Pride is the opposite of being humble. Would you ask Lucifer to be humble? It is the very reason why he fell from grace. Would you ask a knight to be humble? His own virtue is the reason for his own pride. Pride is the greatest virtue that a man can have.
09-16-2017, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 10:30 PM by smokevision.)
That's Dignity.
Dignity is different fm pride.
just like the real diamond and fake one, that's the difference, my friend.
09-16-2017, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 11:26 PM by Calicifer.)
The thing is that Christianity had turned the basic and inherent understand of morality on its head. Did you ever felt that Christians see obviously and plainly wrong things in completely different light? This is Christian corruption at its finest. Before the scourge of Christianity, pride was considered by society as a virtue. Now it is cast down as a sin, funnily enough. Almost every time, it is done without any understanding of that pride is or being capable to differentiate between sins and definitions. For example, pride is often mistaken for hubris and vanity. It is neither of those things since we have direct words for said sins. Here that pride actually is according to the ancient civilizations like Greeks:

https://outre-monde.com/2010/12/07/arist...-of-pride/

This is why I find Christians extremely disgusting people. Chistianity had built its own philosophy around said figures. Aristotle is one of their key contributors. They use what they wish to use and throw out everything which they do not like. Here is an Aristotle talking the very same thing which I reasoned out myself. Nobody will listen to me since people are enemies of reason. They do not value arguments, reason, logic as much as they value authority. So here, read words of this authority figure and decide who is right or wrong here.

In truth, I'm humble in life, but I'm humble as much as my pride allows it. I made my peace with my choices. I'm who I'm and I wont degrade of bow down. I will stand tall and be proud of all I had achieved, of all of my struggles and skills. I won't hide them beneath pretension of humility.

Btw: What I had meant to say, no, what I feel is not dignity. It lacks that, well, being proud of myself thing. Dignified person is rather the one who accepts his role in a humble fashion. Prideful person is proud...hm, I need another word, but this one fits so well here...about who he is. Dignified and prideful is not one and the same. One is being content and happy about who he is, another is about changing perspective of your own value according to your behavior and achievements.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Da fucking nail Astaroth 20 2,092 01-13-2015 07:17 AM
Last Post: Archaea
  I fucking hate stupid people...... darangal 16 1,917 10-16-2014 12:39 PM
Last Post: Mider2009
  Fucking shit Absinthe 34 2,425 08-27-2014 07:20 AM
Last Post: Reb
  I fucking hate racoons! Keighn 18 2,826 05-10-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: Keighn