Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Black Pullet: How to get started?
08-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Hello everyone. Blush

I'm about to buy the Black Pullet. Lots of people had really interesting experiences with it (even my father when he was a teenager).

Unlike a lot of people, I don't think the black pullet is about black magic, neither white magic. From the scans I've read, it's a quite unusual magic. But it's far from being the evil book from hell some people make it out to be.

The problem with this book is that some things are not explained well (usually in this book's rituals, you have to make both a talisman and a ring, but it is never mentioned that you have to make the ring first in order to gain protection). So I'm afraid I could miss something and screw something up.

Some people say the French version of the book is better because some stuff was changed when the book got translated in English. I'll buy the French version just to be sure (je parle Français de toutes façons. Happy )

So about the rituals themselves... You have to make both talismans and rings.

I've read that quite a lot of people made all their stuff from paper and got great results. On the other hand, some people said that angels (or whatever they are) got angry when they noticed that the ring was made out of paper and almost got threatening towards the caster. Maybe the paper ring was just very ugly and poorly drawn (no offense to the one who made it), maybe it depends upon a particular angel.

So my questions are:

- Do I really have to make REAL copper rings, is there an easier way to make them (IE: Make them out of thick copper colored paper and then covering them with transparent tape to make them more solid)? As I said, I'm not a jeweler. Crying Some people say it works well, some people say it may piss spirits off so I'm REALLY confused there.

- What kind of place is better to perform? I live in the woods, far, far away from anything relevant. Should I do them near a stream? There's some kind of beach with rocks I usually go to meditate, but it's not easy to walk there because of the amount of big rocks on the ground, I'm afraid it could make things uncomfortable (for both me and the angel who is going to visit me, if he ever appears, but I think it should work.)

- If I'm successful at invoking something, will I be able to interact with it? Will it understand my ugly French Canadian dialect? Hehe I'd like to explain to it that I made the paper ring with my heard and soul before he attempts to cut my head off. ;P

- Is there a section in the book where the meaning of each symbols is explained (the symbols you engrave inside the ring) ? It's not very THAT important but I like to know what I'm writing, of love studying languages so that would be interesting to learn.

So yeah, I don't really have other questions, but I would like to speak with people who had interesting experiences with this book, I really need some starter tips.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
That text is about talismans. You get started with talismans by making them properly. Picatrix should help here.

For the man of religion believes in God, the magician knows God.

Rich Kids of Instagram
08-19-2013, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 01:32 PM by Haziel.)
I'm quite good at drawing, I'll be able to draw them properly. The only problem I have is with the rings; I just don't know how to make them.
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
You'd do best to find a jeweller or someone, and commission them to make the rings if you can't do so yourself.

Magic has a lot of hands-on aspects and often requires quite a bit of commitment. I would not recommend using paper rings for the rituals.

[Image: sig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2013, 10:39 PM
First, forgive me for not giving a for thorough response before. I was on my tablet and didn't feel like typing more than I did. Second, this is in the wrong section. The Threefold Coercion of Hell (Black Pullet) is a book within GT so I'm moving it to the Goetia section. Now, on to your questions.

(08-19-2013 01:23 PM)Loriis Wrote:  - Do I really have to make REAL copper rings, is there an easier way to make them (IE: Make them out of thick copper colored paper and then covering them with transparent tape to make them more solid)? As I said, I'm not a jeweler. Crying Some people say it works well, some people say it may piss spirits off so I'm REALLY confused there.

Yes, you do. While not explicitly stated in the grimoires, the spirits of GT are relationship spirits, just like any other. However, unlike the ATRs and a few other traditions, a relationship isn't required to work with them. Those who use paper and other such materials to make the rings are experienced GT magicians with years of experience. Are there a few newbies here and there that may have used paper to make the rings and talismans and got results? Of course, every rule has their exceptions. For first timers I would highly suggest making them as is.

You may not be a jeweler but there are those out there who can do the work for you.....for a price. What's better is that you don't even need a jeweler! Many actual practitioners can make the rings and talismans for you. Athena over at Enochian.org can do them. Send her an e-mail and she'll let you know if she can fit custom work into her schedule. Look around the occult blog-o-sphere, you'll find many magicians that do custom work.

(08-19-2013 01:23 PM)Loriis Wrote:  - What kind of place is better to perform? I live in the woods, far, far away from anything relevant. Should I do them near a stream? There's some kind of beach with rocks I usually go to meditate, but it's not easy to walk there because of the amount of big rocks on the ground, I'm afraid it could make things uncomfortable (for both me and the angel who is going to visit me, if he ever appears, but I think it should work.)

I am not familiar with the text itself. Does the grimoire say to perform the work outside, inside, in a cave, etc? If so, follow it. If not then do whatever you feel is best.

(08-19-2013 01:23 PM)Loriis Wrote:  - If I'm successful at invoking something, will I be able to interact with it? Will it understand my ugly French Canadian dialect? Hehe I'd like to explain to it that I made the paper ring with my heard and soul before he attempts to cut my head off. ;P

No, not by definition. Invocation is not used for communication, rather empowerment. Many people confused invocation with ritual possession (ritual possession is where you allow the spirit to enter you and take over your body while you still maintain a level of control) and it's easy to see why. When you invoke something, you do it to add power to your ritual or spell, protection or setting up sacred space, and divination. There are other uses here and there but invocation is not to confused as a technique for communication.

(08-19-2013 01:23 PM)Loriis Wrote:  - Is there a section in the book where the meaning of each symbols is explained (the symbols you engrave inside the ring) ? It's not very THAT important but I like to know what I'm writing, of love studying languages so that would be interesting to learn.

....I don't understand this question. Don't you have the book? Perhaps you should actually look through it and see if such a section exists. Not trying to be crass, but that question makes no sense if you have the book. If not, it's freely available online.

(08-19-2013 01:23 PM)Loriis Wrote:  So yeah, I don't really have other questions, but I would like to speak with people who had interesting experiences with this book, I really need some starter tips.

The best starter tip is to do your research, gather/create your tools and dive right in. Hehe

For the man of religion believes in God, the magician knows God.

Rich Kids of Instagram
08-19-2013, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 11:53 PM by Haziel.)
Nah I don't have the book yet, I'll buy it in 2 days. I've downloaded the PDF version just to know what I what getting into but I'm waiting to get the book to fully read it. I was just wondering if there was a way to know the meaning of the symbols.

Thanks for the advice about the rings, one of my father's friends is a jeweler, I'll ask him to make the rings. In case I can't get someone to make them for me, is there a way to learn how to make them at home? I've seen some tutorials on youtube but it looks like you need a solid formation and tools I don't even know where to find.
08-19-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't like the Black Pullet. I just never got into it. However, I do wish you the best of luck.

[Image: OyYiLJI.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 12:16 AM by Haziel.)
Thanks!

I have a question about the rings.

On this picture

[Image: 1376921705-ring.jpg]

Which part is the actual ring? Is the rectangle part some kind of stone attached to the ring (the circular part) or is the circular part a poorly drawn finger?
08-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm pretty sure the circular part is supposed to represent the actual ring (in 3D).

Psalmen 82:6 "Ik heb wel gezegd: Gij zijt goden; en gij zijt allen kinderen des Allerhoogsten"
08-20-2013, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 01:07 AM by Haziel.)
I just understood something. Maybe the circular part is the ring, the rectangular part is a zoomed-in picture of what's supposed to be engraved on the front. Am I right?

I've seen some printable versions of the rings where the circular part is removed though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Getting Started. Blizzard 32 1,419 02-07-2013 12:21 PM
Last Post: Blizzard
  Getting Started with Solomonic Evocation The God-King 28 5,376 07-14-2012 02:28 PM
Last Post: wannabe012