• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Affirmations using Sexual Energy

Promise

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
In affirming end result vs process, a factor is resistance. Some people encounter a lot of internal resistance affirming end results and much less so using smaller increments.

I like the I AM BECOMING .... version proposed a little earlier in the thread.

I ALLOW MYSELF TO ....

I CAN LEARN TO ....

Are some additional ways of stating that lean toward the end result and usually bring up less internal resistance.

Stanford professor emeritus Alfred Bandura has a theory of Self Efficacy which essentially says that we perform at our best when we believe our goals are: possible, desirable, that we are capable of achieving them, that they are worthwhile, appropriate, that we are deserve them, and are responsible for making them happen.

Affirming or doing magick (or both) to acquire these types of beliefs seems to me a very strategic approach to building a strong foundation to support achieving goals.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The whole point of affirmations is the state the end result. If you're affirming the process you tend to stay stuck in the process. I have an issue with Spare over this. His magical statements all seem to start 'I desire' .... to me, the universe says, yes, you've got that (the desire) so that's where the magic stops.
Agreed, "I desire..." is not a great idea, it just keeps you in a continuous state of yearning. In his "Liber Null & Psychonaut", Peter J. Carroll uses "I wish to...", which is even more unsuitable. However, I think that to a large extent it's merely a question of semantics because "I desire... / I wish..." could also interpreted as "I want...". It really depends on the person. For somebody used to getting his/her way IRL, "I desire... / I wish..." might imply that his/her intended outcome will doubtlessly be enforced while a disempowered person may only increase his/her feeling of helplessness. I usually don't think much of affirmations because cynical me considers it a naive formalized type of daydreaming, and my pessimistic side says, "Nah, it will never happen." Repeating affirmations in a state of sexual gnosis though might be a way around this, which is why I was so excited about the OP's post.
Post automatically merged:

Another idea that I'm sure somebody has alread had before me would be to build a whole cascade of affirmations, an escalating sequence so to speak. Say you goal is financial security, you could start with "I deserve the good things in life" and only then segue over to various money-related affirmations, with "financial security" coming last as the logical end result of this process.

I am desperately trying to get this thread back to the original topic of sexual energy used for affirmation purposes, so I would like to forward my theory that this sexual arousal method may not be for everyone. We had a discussion about sex magic some time ago where the general agreement was that sex magic is best performed alone because a sexual partner would feel somehow cheated if your mind was elsewhere, so if you feel guilty, ashamed or conflicted about masturbation, your negative emotions may rub off on any affirmations you want to charge by means of this method. If you are feeling empty, depressed or simply bad after you've had your orgasm, the link between sexual euphoria and your affirmation might be broken. Mind you, it may be different with sigils where the sexual climax is used to launch your desire into the astral ('fire & forget') according to chaos magic theory.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In affirming end result vs process, a factor is resistance. Some people encounter a lot of internal resistance affirming end results and much less so using smaller increments.

I like the I AM BECOMING .... version proposed a little earlier in the thread.

I ALLOW MYSELF TO ....

I CAN LEARN TO ....

Are some additional ways of stating that lean toward the end result and usually bring up less internal resistance.

Stanford professor emeritus Alfred Bandura has a theory of Self Efficacy which essentially says that we perform at our best when we believe our goals are: possible, desirable, that we are capable of achieving them, that they are worthwhile, appropriate, that we are deserve them, and are responsible for making them happen.

Affirming or doing magick (or both) to acquire these types of beliefs seems to me a very strategic approach to building a strong foundation to support achieving goals.
Sounds like a plan. I had a friend that had problems with affirmations 'cos he felt he was lying. It's a valid point, especially in magic. Ultimately the proof is found by experience. Does the focus on the process work work or focus on the completed goal? Logically, manifesting the process only takes you to the process. And you're already there. Words are easy, of course, and it's only the end result that will prove which viewpoint is better or correct. Also, there's the idea that it takes time to manifest stuff. Well, it shouldn't. My Adept Mentor once said to me "You should be able to manifest a cup of coffee by snapping your fingers." There's no time for process in that. Recently, I had three computer monitors that were old and dying. One day, in exasperation I threw my hands in the air and said out loud. "Okay, I need two new monitors and I don't care where they come from, even if I have to pay for them." The phone rang. It was an old friend "Hi, I've just replaced my computer monitors, do you want the old ones?" He brought them round that weekend. Two led monitors, bigger than my old ones. They work perfectly. No process, just the goal in mind.

Promise

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
... back to the original topic of sexual energy used for affirmation purposes, so I would like to forward my theory that this sexual arousal method may not be for everyone. We had a discussion about sex magic some time ago where the general agreement was that sex magic is best performed alone because a sexual partner would feel somehow cheated if your mind was elsewhere, so if you feel guilty, ashamed or conflicted about masturbation, your negative emotions may rub off on any affirmations you want to charge by means of this method. If you are feeling empty, depressed or simply bad after you've had your orgasm, the link between sexual euphoria and your affirmation might be broken. Mind you, it may be different with sigils where the sexual climax is used to launch your desire into the astral ('fire & forget') according to chaos magic theory.
Totally agree that some people will have more rigid rule set around sex for one thing. With a partner, if both agree to use it for affirmations together, or if both have a sort of habit of being somewhat in own world

"You should be able to manifest a cup of coffee by snapping your fingers." There's no time for process in that. Recently, I had three computer monitors that were old and dying. One day, in exasperation I threw my hands in the air and said out loud. "Okay, I need two new monitors and I don't care where they come from, even if I have to pay for them." The phone rang. It was an old friend "Hi, I've just replaced my computer monitors, do you want the old ones?" He brought them round that weekend. Two led monitors, bigger than my old ones. They work perfectly. No process, just the goal in mind.
I would be ecstatic if I could get to where I could put an intention out to the universe, and have it manifest quickly and have that happen consistently.

I would say there most definitely is some process underlying that kind of manifestation. The manifestor may be either unconscious of of ignorant of the process, and the process may happen in less than a second, but at least from my point of view there would have to be some process whereby that happened. Even if said coffee cup manifestos was a God like being, something is happening "under the hood."

On a separate thread I posted a bit about NLP, which I fairly well versed in. NLP has a set of tools for studying and replicating competence called "modelling", which at a 50,000 foot view would say that if one person is capable of producing a result, it's possible for pretty much anyone else, it's only a question of how. Books have been written about modeling, and to do it justice it should be its own thread.

Assuming we have a model for such a skill, some of it could be taught through affirmations.

So, to abstract a bit - affirmations could theoretically be a viable component in the process of learning to be able to do such miraculous skills. Once it's firmly learned, maybe not so much.

So, I'm making the case that there are two processes, the process of learning HOW to create a magickal result and the process of creating that result. While they may overlap and perhaps happen more or less in parallel, there are two processes. At least that is my current way of thinking about it.

One way to categorize magick is to distinguish between "illumination" or "self transformation", and external results. Personally, I haven't had such good luck using affirmations for external magickal results. Maybe they were part of the equation, along with other things. Have not pointed sexually charged affirmations at "external results".

My use so far of sexually charged affirmations has been exclusively pointed toward self illumination. And I have had some success in that. Definitely more so than non gnosis powered affirmations.

I am very curious about what more might be possible though.

Reaction score
Totally agree that some people will have more rigid rule set around sex for one thing. With a partner, if both agree to use it for affirmations together, or if both have a sort of habit of being somewhat in own world

I would be ecstatic if I could get to where I could put an intention out to the universe, and have it manifest quickly and have that happen consistently.

I would say there most definitely is some process underlying that kind of manifestation. The manifestor may be either unconscious of of ignorant of the process, and the process may happen in less than a second, but at least from my point of view there would have to be some process whereby that happened. Even if said coffee cup manifestos was a God like being, something is happening "under the hood."

On a separate thread I posted a bit about NLP, which I fairly well versed in. NLP has a set of tools for studying and replicating competence called "modelling", which at a 50,000 foot view would say that if one person is capable of producing a result, it's possible for pretty much anyone else, it's only a question of how. Books have been written about modeling, and to do it justice it should be its own thread.

Assuming we have a model for such a skill, some of it could be taught through affirmations.

So, to abstract a bit - affirmations could theoretically be a viable component in the process of learning to be able to do such miraculous skills. Once it's firmly learned, maybe not so much.

So, I'm making the case that there are two processes, the process of learning HOW to create a magickal result and the process of creating that result. While they may overlap and perhaps happen more or less in parallel, there are two processes. At least that is my current way of thinking about it.

One way to categorize magick is to distinguish between "illumination" or "self transformation", and external results. Personally, I haven't had such good luck using affirmations for external magickal results. Maybe they were part of the equation, along with other things. Have not pointed sexually charged affirmations at "external results".

My use so far of sexually charged affirmations has been exclusively pointed toward self illumination. And I have had some success in that. Definitely more so than non gnosis powered affirmations.

I am very curious about what more might be possible though.
"I would be ecstatic if I could get to where I could put an intention out to the universe, and have it manifest quickly and have that happen consistently."

Well, there you go. You've got your wish. You've just affirmed it won't happen.

MAGICIAN – being at cause knowingly and at will over time, space, form & effect.

Promise

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe a decade or so ago I had practice for about 3 months of going around chanting to myself "Be at the cause of being at the effect".

Thanks for the reminder.. ..I think I will explore adding some sexual gnosis to that.

I do 100% agree "Being at Cause" is important. And, yes, I think in many ways many of us, myself very included in that play games with various concepts in nearly infinite ways that take us away from being fully and consistently at cause.

Reaction score
Maybe a decade or so ago I had practice for about 3 months of going around chanting to myself "Be at the cause of being at the effect".

Thanks for the reminder.. ..I think I will explore adding some sexual gnosis to that.

I do 100% agree "Being at Cause" is important. And, yes, I think in many ways many of us, myself very included in that play games with various concepts in nearly infinite ways that take us away from being fully and consistently at cause.
I agree with you 100%. And it seems to me that the distractions are part of The Game. A bunch of us, at the moment, are working with a guy who thinks he's been having conversations with an angel. When he first described it I immediately thought of Jack Parsons conversations with Babalon. This angel, however, seems a little more romantic than Jack's. After our first meeting he asked her if she was Babalon but received the typically ambivalent childish response common to elementals. However, typical of some of the things she's communicated is "We don't need to see our destiny but instead decide reality. Without questions." She seems to be big on not being asked questions but being commanded to do things. At their first meeting some years ago, it was a very sensual/sexual encounter. He describes it as being 'better than sex'.

Promise

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Very Interesting. Twenty some years ago I briefly dated a lady who had been intitionalized for a couple of months for going around telling people that she was having an affair with an angel. She still firmly believed it had happened- also described the intimacy as better than sex.

I wasn't very into the occult then, and thought she was looney. Given what you just said makes wonder if she actually did.

Reaction score
Very Interesting. Twenty some years ago I briefly dated a lady who had been intitionalized for a couple of months for going around telling people that she was having an affair with an angel. She still firmly believed it had happened- also described the intimacy as better than sex.

I wasn't very into the occult then, and thought she was looney. Given what you just said makes wonder if she actually did.
Yeah, I'm sure this has happened to many people. In Penny Kelly's book 'Evolving Human' she describes her spontaneous Kundalini release which has many of the aspects of these angel stories. Penny Kelly was not into anything like this, in fact she was studying to be an engineer & planning to become a high-level executive in the car industry! It took her twenty years to come to terms with the affects. I've come across several people that had spontaneous Kundalini releases and it happened to all of them while they were having sex in some form.

To quote one Zen master: "Whoever said that is not far from enlightenment."
Well I guess an angel would be enlightened - but then again, maybe some aren't. According to some early writings there are two types of angel.
Henry Corbin in 'Avicenna and the Visionary Recital' describes angels as being Animae coelestes (celestial angesl) and animae humanae (human angel). He goes on to say ....
"Human souls are in the same relation to the Angel from whom they emanate and who is the tenth of the Kerubim as is each celestial Soul to the Intelligence from whose thought its being is an emanation. Hence it is in imitation of the Anima coelestis that the terrestrial angel or anima humana will realize its angelicity (fereshtagi), which is still virtual precisely because terrestrial. But, unlike the Anima coelestis, the human soul can be false to its being, transgress its limits, and develop the demonic virtuality in itself."

The philosophy of Buddhism is very similar to magic - of course, Taoism is a big influence & has a magical component. And then there's the lovely story of Hui Neng (the last patriarch of Chan Buddhism which becomes Zen in Japan. Hui Neng is illiterate & a 'barbarian' (he comes from the South of China). One day he hears someone reading out loud from the Diamond Sutra & immediately becomes enlightened. Long story short: he goes to a monastery where he's put to work pounding rice. The Abbot of the monastery, who is the Fifth Patriarch of Chan Buddhism, realises he (the Abbot) is dying and suggests that anyone who feels they can take his place should write a poem describing enlightenment. Eventually the senior monk writes (and I paraphrase)

"The body's like the Bodhi tree
The mind a mirror bright
Be sure to keep it wiped clean, so no dust can settle."

Hui Neng hears of this and gets someone to write for him underneath this poem.

"There is no body, there is no tree, there is no mirror.
Fundamentally, nothing exists."

When the Abbot sees this he immediately rubs it out before any other monks see it, but summons Hui Neng to him in the middle of the night, bestows his robe and bowl on him and says "You are now the Sixth Patriarch, run away and keep running 'cos when the other monks find out they will want to kill you."

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Robert Ramsay: i get what you say, but if one would ask this in an lhp group the reaction would be: oww sexual fluids and blood are the most powerful tools and dangerous. it makes me wonder what is real. for me personally, i just think people are so uncomfortable with their body they wouldnt dare.

i like the fap method with affirmations and it does work. i found it works even better then a prayer from a holy man. (we had a bet.)

Yeah, I'm sure this has happened to many people. In Penny Kelly's book 'Evolving Human' she describes her spontaneous Kundalini release which has many of the aspects of these angel stories. Penny Kelly was not into anything like this, in fact she was studying to be an engineer & planning to become a high-level executive in the car industry! It took her twenty years to come to terms with the affects. I've come across several people that had spontaneous Kundalini releases and it happened to all of them while they were having sex in some form.

Well I guess an angel would be enlightened - but then again, maybe some aren't. According to some early writings there are two types of angel.
Henry Corbin in 'Avicenna and the Visionary Recital' describes angels as being Animae coelestes (celestial angesl) and animae humanae (human angel). He goes on to say ....
"Human souls are in the same relation to the Angel from whom they emanate and who is the tenth of the Kerubim as is each celestial Soul to the Intelligence from whose thought its being is an emanation. Hence it is in imitation of the Anima coelestis that the terrestrial angel or anima humana will realize its angelicity (fereshtagi), which is still virtual precisely because terrestrial. But, unlike the Anima coelestis, the human soul can be false to its being, transgress its limits, and develop the demonic virtuality in itself."

The philosophy of Buddhism is very similar to magic - of course, Taoism is a big influence & has a magical component. And then there's the lovely story of Hui Neng (the last patriarch of Chan Buddhism which becomes Zen in Japan. Hui Neng is illiterate & a 'barbarian' (he comes from the South of China). One day he hears someone reading out loud from the Diamond Sutra & immediately becomes enlightened. Long story short: he goes to a monastery where he's put to work pounding rice. The Abbot of the monastery, who is the Fifth Patriarch of Chan Buddhism, realises he (the Abbot) is dying and suggests that anyone who feels they can take his place should write a poem describing enlightenment. Eventually the senior monk writes (and I paraphrase)

"The body's like the Bodhi tree
The mind a mirror bright
Be sure to keep it wiped clean, so no dust can settle."

Hui Neng hears of this and gets someone to write for him underneath this poem.

"There is no body, there is no tree, there is no mirror.
Fundamentally, nothing exists."

When the Abbot sees this he immediately rubs it out before any other monks see it, but summons Hui Neng to him in the middle of the night, bestows his robe and bowl on him and says "You are now the Sixth Patriarch, run away and keep running 'cos when the other monks find out they will want to kill you."
At least they didn't want to work sex magick on our Hui Neng, no? Your basic point though is a good one. Just as not every monk is enlightened (or even very close to it), so too some angels aren't all that sterotypically "angelic." It is too easy to fall into the Nazarene snare of believing that membership in what amounts to a more complex and powerful grade of being confers what we humans call "morality." For all his many flaws, Lovecraft saw through that mirage.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The quote is from a story that a monk read from the Bible to the Zen Master. The sentence that occasioned the Zen master's remark was Jesus saying "Seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you"

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The quote is from a story that a monk read from the Bible to the Zen Master. The sentence that occasioned the Zen master's remark was Jesus saying "Seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you"
Which raises the questions: 1) was the Zen master speaking in understatement, as if to hint "Clearly this guy is enlightened"? 2) or was he simply speaking factually: "Keep at it there, Yeshua. You've almost got it"? Or was he being slightly ironic, "You're the 'Son of God' and yet you're still shy of where three, four of my humble monks have already got to"?

I'm put in mind of Eugene Herrigel's, "Zen and the Art of Archery." His teacher---a bit troubled by the Herr Doktor's lack of progress with the bow---asked for a volume of the Hegel that his slow student was teaching. A day or two later he returned the book with the terse comment that anyone who read such stuff and believed it was sure to have trouble with something so simple as archery. Perhaps the Zen master above was hinting at something similar when it came to a representative of the Jewish tradition that, even in the 1st century BCE, was compiling the zugot of the tannaim into what was to become the Talmud.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Zen & affirmations powered by sexual energy go not really well together, I think... "Zen in the Art of Avoiding the Topic of Masturbation"?

Ok, that was a bit drastically put. Talking about Zen & Buddhism is probably more fun than discussing the boring old affirmation method (seen from a chaos magic perspective) provided you're sufficienty well read but it's certainly not the topic of this thread.

On third thought, we have probably exhausted the topic anyway but the Buddhist discussion should really go into a new thread.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Zen & affirmations powered by sexual energy go not really well together, I think... "Zen in the Art of Avoiding the Topic of Masturbation"?

Ok, that was a bit drastically put. Talking about Zen & Buddhism is probably more fun than discussing the boring old affirmation method (seen from a chaos magic perspective) provided you're sufficienty well read but it's certainly not the topic of this thread.

On third thought, we have probably exhausted the topic anyway but the Buddhist discussion should really go into a new thread.
Guilty. What we need here is A Journey West's Zhubajie, the celestial general kicked out of Heaven for lechery and become a wandering pig-man monk. He keeps running afoul of the Dharma's precept re: pounding pork. He'd get this thread back on track!