• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Apotropaic

livinglight1008

Visitor
Reaction score
I have discovered that a thread dedicated to this ''word'' heretofore exists not on this forum. So, here it is.

Apoptropaic via wikipedia:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
having the power to
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
evil influences or bad luck.

The reason I am posting this is as a result of recently learning that one of the qualities of Syrian Rue is this very phenomenon.

I am without a doubt in this world that hexes/curses exist. They can be placed upon an individual, a community, a nation, a species. They can be passed on inter-generationally. Me personally I am more interested in not the ''sender'' per-say but the quality in the individual that ''attracts'' or makes themselves vulnerable to such phenomenon occurring. What is it in me that gave rise to the experience of being subject to a curse in the first place? What is it in a society that causes that group to lose their protection thus opening all sorts of back-doors to their assured ruin?

On a more pragmatic level: what has worked for you in changing negative conditions which you may perceive to have been a curse/hex?

In my sojourn compassion/self-care-love are paramount qualities in the changing of either placed upon thee negative qualities or self-generated negativity. How can tools such as Syrian Rue manifest as a healing agent of change if one cares not of themselves to use it?

Open to any thoughts on the matter