• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Microdosing & the chemical make-up of Syrian Rue

livinglight1008

Visitor
Reaction score
Has anyone experimented with microdosing enthegoneic plants for healing? If yes - how long, how much, and what did you use. I've experimented on and off with mushrooms and now S. rue. Let's get it straight here and now that I perceive a microdose as being below a threshold dose. ie 90mg of cabensis or less. In contrast, 500mg of cubensis some tote as being a ''microdose'' however in my view it's nothing of the sort: this is beyond a threshold dose which causes an obvious ''trip''.

Syrian Rue has a threshold dose of what appears to be 500mg to 1gram. Member of a forum dedicated to psychedelics with DMT in its name speak of using 5g of rue as a ''microdose'' which doesn't really fit what I understand a true microdose to be. I've started with a very low dose in the realm of 50mg and noticed/appreciated a pleasant change in my condition psyche (psych = life = mind/body/spirit/emotion -- not alone "psychology).

The makeup of Syrian Rue is certainly of great intrigue and a plant of far too little research. Some tout it as ''soma'' whereas others claim soma is a combination of 108 plants S. rue being 'foundational'. Some compounds are being found to fight cancer as well as providing a host of other benefits.

Many report their dreams igniting through the cyclic consumption of it on a regular basis. To this I immediately concur having had an extremely helpful/powerful/vivid dream on night 1.
Post automatically merged:

snippet:

Other names: harmel, haoma, harmaline

Thrives in desert climates and is difficult to cultivate.

The seeds are the part that is used in ritual for its entheogenic effects. They are grayish black and triangular in shape.

Possibly a candidate for Dioscorides’ moly.

The plant shows up in the pre-Zoroastrian Perisia in the cult of Mithras. it was called the “Plant of Bes” who was an archaic apotropaic deity.

Harmel was long revered as an apotropaic and spell breaker even in the ancient world. It has been used as a magical and medicinal panaceae since ancient times. It was valued for its ability to break the power of spells, and also the enchantments of djinn.

It could be used to avery all evil and evil spirits. The smoke was inhaled to break the influence of a spell.

Syrian rue was also used in shamanic divination to connect with “fairylike” nature spirits.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Peganum harmala, commonly called wild rue,
Syrian rue,
African rue,
esfand or espand,
or harmel,
(among other similar pronunciations and spellings) is a perennial, herbaceous
, with a woody underground rootstock, of the
, usually growing in saline soils in
and
regions. Its common English-language name came about because of a resemblance to
(to which it is not related). Because eating it would sicken or kill livestock, it is considered a
in a number of countries. It has become an
in some regions of the western United States. The plant is popular in Middle Eastern and north African
. The
contained in the plant, including the seeds, are
(
).

Of critical import to any and all curious: SSRIs do not mix with MAOI containing plants. Rue is a VERY POTENT MAOI. Such combining can be lethal!

Last edited: