• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

PiGB Release

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Last year I posted a thread about a project I was working on that turned a Raspberry Pi with a SDR (software defined radio) dongle into a ghost box. I was finally given the prod I needed to get everything documented and released. You can find it here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A ghost box is a radio that cycles through frequencies quickly and the thought is ghosts (or aliens, or ultra-terrestrials or ... ?) can use the static and snippets of radio stations to communicate. This uses a Raspberry Pi and a software defined radio stick instead of a normal radio.

Just in time for Halloween. Even if you don't believe in that sort of thing, it's a fun, creepy thing to do and it was a fun technical project to mess with.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im totally not into spirit boxes, but the fact that you made one with a raspberry pi makes my heart glow. best morning news ive read in ages. 💓
1*ZV27cDacaWFJiHZokBdBsQ.png