• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Who was inpired by The Craft

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
OK guys and and gals, what brought you to study Magick? Was you inspired by someone? A TV Show, or a movie such as The Craft? Let me know what drawn you all to Magick.

To be quite honest, I don't know a thing about Magick, but I have a plan which I cannot reveal just yet. Until, I can manage to do it myself.

To me Magick is everywhere, and as of now. I am Connected to The Higher Source. Which is a great honor.

How about you?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
being in a witchcraft war made me awaken to it and then noticing all sorts of nonsense made me so angry that i decided to call some djinn and told them they either set their followers strait or teach me how to accept watching that shit. and now im doing both.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
being in a witchcraft war made me awaken to it and then noticing all sorts of nonsense made me so angry that i decided to call some djinn and told them they either set their followers strait or teach me how to accept watching that shit. and now im doing both.
Awesome!!! I bet you are a Master of this.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I grew up with a ton of books on the occult and related subjects, which I hope to reflect upon in that journal thingy of mine... when I get around to it.
As to movies for inspiration - lots of those. Mainly old school supernatural horror, which I have always found more stimulating in terms of relative accuracy in depicting hidden powers and the Unknown. Just to skim - The Exorcist, The Amityville Horror, Evil Dead series, Stephen King and Lovecraft inspired stuff opened my eyes to the eldritch potentials of life via entertainment. I enjoyed The Craft, of course, it's morals being constructive. There was one late night early 80's flick - I don't recall the name - I saw when I was young about a teenage girl afflicted by a rival teen witch in high school - the ritual depictions (skyclad, of course) and atmosphere were influential. This was about the time when Geraldo was bringing the SRA panic up on stage and getting all those black clad devil worshippers to show how they were really moral types with antinomian idiosyncrasies. Lol.

But dark stuff aside, I have a natural spiritual inclination towards self improvement and creative expression of occult forces, so I can say that such stimuli were placed there for me as garnishments for ultimate self realization.

Edit: Oh yeah, Hammer films! Can't forget about those. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Anything with Vincent Price...

Last edited:

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I grew up with a ton of books on the occult and related subjects, which I hope to reflect upon in that journal thingy of mine... when I get around to it.
As to movies for inspiration - lots of those. Mainly old school supernatural horror, which I have always found more stimulating in terms of relative accuracy in depicting hidden powers and the Unknown. Just to skim - The Exorcist, The Amityville Horror, Evil Dead series, Stephen King and Lovecraft inspired stuff opened my eyes to the eldritch potentials of life via entertainment. I enjoyed The Craft, of course, it's morals being constructive. There was one late night early 80's flick - I don't recall the name - I saw when I was young about a teenage girl afflicted by a rival teen witch in high school - the ritual depictions (skyclad, of course) and atmosphere were influential. This was about the time when Geraldo was bringing the SRA panic up on stage and getting all those black clad devil worshippers to show how they were really moral types with antinomian idiosyncrasies. Lol.

But dark stuff aside, I have a natural spiritual inclination towards self improvement and creative expression of occult forces, so I can say that such stimuli were placed there for me as garnishments for ultimate self realization.

Edit: Oh yeah, Hammer films! Can't forget about those. Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Anything with Vincent Price...
Wow! Inspiring!

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
OK guys and and gals, what brought you to study Magick? Was you inspired by someone? A TV Show, or a movie such as The Craft? Let me know what drawn you all to Magick.

To be quite honest, I don't know a thing about Magick, but I have a plan which I cannot reveal just yet. Until, I can manage to do it myself.

To me Magick is everywhere, and as of now. I am Connected to The Higher Source. Which is a great honor.

How about you?
The Craft didn't inspire me, but then I'm not part of its target audience. So if it worked for you, kudos. Myself I got into Magick vis reading Evola's "Metaphysics of War," where he drops hints aplenty. Then I stumbled into a volume of articles from the journal UR that he edited in the 20's. After it was just a matter of following references in the footnotes.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
no im not really good at it. im getting hit all the time. they play hit the hamster here and the mcd won. yazata might get the joke ;)
its the most stupidest thing in the dark occult lane here: when i was young we got at least cheap condoms and now im dealing with deranged ways of fear for your body and more nonsense. they try to stop sexmagic here and make it illegal, i think they forgot that shops need buyers and to get those one, well two need sex.

its fun to watch though. the last time i was outside i had a young dude yelling in his phone shes wearing a brown abajah its too late man!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
no im not really good at it. im getting hit all the time. they play hit the hamster here and the mcd won. yazata might get the joke ;)
its the most stupidest thing in the dark occult lane here: when i was young we got at least cheap condoms and now im dealing with deranged ways of fear for your body and more nonsense. they try to stop sexmagic here and make it illegal, i think they forgot that shops need buyers and to get those one, well two need sex.

its fun to watch though. the last time i was outside i had a young dude yelling in his phone shes wearing a brown abajah its too late man!
Oh, that is not right, making sex magick illegal. I mean, I've never tried it. I did have some partially Out of Body sex. It was awesome!

art-vark2323

Neophyte
Reaction score
Watching The Craft is a fun little thing I do from time to time and it definitely inspires me, but it is not what got me into magick. I've been interested in magick, the occult, and the paranormal since I was very little, although I went through a skeptical phase in high school largely due to trying to fit in. Aroune college, my best friend introduced me to paganism and magick and the rest is now history!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Watching The Craft is a fun little thing I do from time to time and it definitely inspires me, but it is not what got me into magick. I've been interested in magick, the occult, and the paranormal since I was very little, although I went through a skeptical phase in high school largely due to trying to fit in. Aroune college, my best friend introduced me to paganism and magick and the rest is now history!
It's crazy, because I saw the movie twice this week. I wish I had Powers like Sarah and Nancy

Reaction score
Awards

How about you?
When I was 14, three book titles always caught my eye as I was on my way to browse D&D supplies at the first Borders bookstore in Ann Arbor, MI. The Satanic Bible, The Magus, and The Golden Dawn.