• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A Note to folks picking my brain

Reaction score
Awards
I've seen a lot come here and go to another forum. We all have our own issues and I should respect silence more.
Yet I have a funny feeling many come to me for advice which I freely give, only to rebuff me and move to the other forum.
I understand the value of time. So please don't waste mine. I have too much to do.
I don't get along with LHP people. I thought I was. But from what I've seen. I respect but don't appreciate the infernal world. If that's your interest fine. If that's your belief, fine. If that's your choice, fine. To each their own. I waste enough of my own time, I don't need more contributions to that.
I'm intent on getting on with my life, and a waste of time doesn't help me.
I likewise promise to try to not waste time of others.

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Was gonna delete this for not being an occult topic, but now I am curious. What other forum? Are people shilling another forum here without my knowledge? It's literally Rule 1.

Reaction score
Awards
theoccultmirror.net is where a few ex-BALG people have gone, and a lot of newcomers. I went there briefly in an attempt to try to reconcile with someone there. It did not go well.
These folks literally would come to me with a bunch of questions, get enamored with a notable magician there and become his students.
Im not trying to be a teacher, I just waste too much of my own time to help others who dont want my help to begin with.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
theoccultmirror.net is where a few ex-BALG people have gone, and a lot of newcomers. I went there briefly in an attempt to try to reconcile with someone there. It did not go well.
These folks literally would come to me with a bunch of questions, get enamored with a notable magician there and become his students.
Im not trying to be a teacher, I just waste too much of my own time to help others who dont want my help to begin with.
No one is posting about it or sending PMs to you to get you to join it though, right?

Please guys, I do not want to, nor do I have the ability (unless I open the database manually - which is a huge pain in the ass and not user friendly) to read PMs. So if someone is breaking rules in the PMs and you care about WF, please report them. This includes people who are encouraging you to join other forums.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
When it comes to sharing wisdom or giving advice, there are a LOT of people who will reject whatever it is if it’s not what they want to hear. To a large degree this is just human nature. They’re probably not ready to face or accept [whatever it is].

Still, you did your part. Some people have the opinion that there is an obligation we take on for other seekers. That we must accommodate them for some reason. I disagree with that sentiment.

My policy is this:

1. I won’t immediately turn a seeker away.
2. I won’t purposefully point them in the wrong direction.

I realize that as a numbers game, there are countless people who are curious but not ready. They get a fraction of a second of my time. If they show me they are sincere, they get a little more of my time.

If they reject or dispute my advice, then they have proven I am of no help to them. Such as life ¯\(ツ)/¯ I wish them the best.

My opinion is that the fractions of seconds I’ve wasted on people who were not ready, have been a solid investment for finding others who are. Only you are responsible for how much time you give to others. Invest wisely my friend.

Happyfeet

Neophyte
Reaction score
Congrats, that's a cult leader or otherwise a sociopath doing what those sorts of people do. The people following them are hopeless followers because they are not looking for the truth but rather a leader. You can't fix this, just be different.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, my views on this have shifted as I desire peace with all and my attitude was crap until a recent turnaround.
But my view on how a magician should tread on the path is this ....
Learn as much as possible before practicing.
Keep God centered.
Dare, will and be silent.

That last part stung me for a while.