• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

A Planetary approach to magic as a beginner

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
We have seven days of the week -
Sunday Sol YHVH Eloah ve-Daath. Raphael Malachim
Monday Luna Shaddai El Chai Gabriel Kerubim
Tuesday Mars Elohim Gibor Chamuel Seraphim
Wednesday Mercury Elohim Tzabaoth. Michael Beni Elohim
Thursday Jupiter El Tzadkiel Chashmalim
Friday Venus YHVH Tzabaoth Haniel Elohim
Saturday Saturn YHVH Elohim Tzaphqiel Aralim

If we take a path of devotion to the planets, or the divine names behind them, we may affect change.
Setup an altar for the day, have supplies on hand, make your offerings and say an invocation of the planet.
If change does not occur, include the divine names and petitioning them.
A reference or compendium of correspondences will be of great value to you.
Keep it on the daily. Meditate on the planet daily.
Alternate names:
Sol. Shemesh
Luna. Lavanah
Mercury Kokab
Jupiter. Tzedek
Venus. Nogah
Saturn Shabbathai

Colors:
Sunday. Gold, Canary Yellow
Monday. Gray, Silver
Tuesday Scarlet Red
Wednesday Orange
Thursday Royal Blue
Friday Forest Green
Saturday Black, Brown

As soon as I have the resources, I am doing so. Starting tomorrow. Going to get a small shelf wall mountable preferably, or a cube. Colored pillowcases, incense, candles, and other correspondences. Then research invocations, some of which I transcribed from The Complete Golden Dawn Initiate by Stephen Ashe.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I have a liquor cabinet that is slowly becoming an altar. Without heavy things inside like books, its moveable as well.
So, this will become the test of this theory. Tonight for example, I could put a grey cover such as a dress shirt that is grey over the altar, and tape with duct tape, setup a silver candle and jasmine incense. Alternative may be yellow to signify air or blue to signify moon, purple/violet is possible.
Grey being an optional color, a black candle and white candle used together is typically more powerful.

And fine detail on candle color aside, we have a beginning, an altar, a cloth, and a candle and incense. We add our air dagger which might be an opportune time to design the handle of it albeit a temporary "dagger" (sorry, but a pumpkin carving knife while metal is less frightening to me).

So altar, covering, candle, incense, elemental weapon. How about a square and seal underneath the incense and candle, and an invocation?

Tomorrow will be red and dragons blood, for mars square and seal.
Im not making this a journal mind you, just an example of what can be done.

Last edited:

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
An altar has been setup for tomorrow: Red construction paper, Mars Square, Chamuel sigil, two Red candles, Dragons Blood incense.
I guess a Mars related activity would follow from here.
Let's say the altar is setup, a suitable activity might be to take away the need for drugs/narcotics. "Man of War" referring God may be helpful verses.
The wart on drugs and all that...

Last edited:

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So, in this day of Mars upon us soon, Red candles and red paper has been laid on the altar, with a mars square underneath the red candles.
Significance of red candles: Love, life, vitality, sex, strength, courage, energy, health, will power, fire.
Significance of the Day of Mars: To acquire courage, overthrow enemies, cause discord, keep the peace, survival, self-preservation, war, military.
Dragons blood incense, tobacco are common with mars as offerings. Im sure there are more. Iron as the metal.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
What invocations are you using for your Planetary work? I invoke the planets daily during my morning rituals and I use the Orphic Hymns from either Seven Spheres or The Sworn and Secret Grimoire. Also, a new grimoire was just published through Hadean Press I believe called Orphic Hymns Grimoire so you may be interested in that. The latter two books can be easily found on Amazon but Seven Spheres you might have to get from the secondary resellers market.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thnks for the info, will try to check them out.

I have some Orphic document which has seals, not sure about invocations. I also have Lyra Grecia and a few other books on Greco-Roman magic.

Im using Hebrew oriented/Qabalah oriented invocations from Stephen Ashes Complete Golden Dawn Initiate.
I have Zodiacal Rituals by Frater Daleth, Advanced Planetary Magic, and a few other books which have suitable planetary or Shem invocations.

Thanks again, will check them out!

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
A coupled;e Mars oil recipes:
One --- 1/2 part Ginger, 1/2 part Basil, pinch or two of Black Pepper.
Two --- 1/3 part Ginger, 1/3 part Cinnamon, 1/3 part Civet. Add Iron Fiolings and Dragons Blood.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
To create an oil, I get two mixing cups, one of which I have has an easy pour shape and lid to it, containers/bottles, #4 coffee filters and olive or other oil. Place the mix inside the filter over a mixing cup and stir well. If hard particles like cloves, try cruhsing them between your nails.

Once ready, slowly pour 2 ox olive or other oil over mix and let it drip to finish, pour in container and seal and mark.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Example of my thoughts, day is Tuesday (Mars, Elohim Gibor, Chamueal, Kerubim): Psalms 2
"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
He that sitters in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potters vessel.
Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are they that put their trust in Him."

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Was tempted to, but did no Mars work yesterday on a personal note.
Today is orange day, purple as well since it is Mercury day. A purple cloth over the altar with two orange candles would suffice, along with the invocation, hexagram, and charge/license to depart if so doing.
What may also be helpful in basic planetary work is to know the star of David (hexagram), see it in front of you and trace invoking or banishing lines and vibrating the divine name and phrases.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Saturn day and an altar setup for Mars. Perhaps a Court Victory ritual?

Saturn : Earth. Indigo, Brown, Black. Sandalwood. Lead.
Associated signs:
Cardinal: Libra, Capricorn, Cancer
Kerubic: Aquarius
Mutable: Gemini

Magick associated with: Boundaries/Hexing/Crossing/Uncrossiong, Binding/Unbinding, Death Magic, Wealth and Justice Magic.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
In such a case, where we have a mix of Mars and Saturn, we should contemplate functions and role and theme of both Binah and Geburah, and the paths connected to them.
Beth: Primum Mobile acting through Philosophic Mercury upon Saturn. (I Magus, Beth, house, 2; 12th Path). Kether to Binah.
Daleth: The sphere of the Zodiac acting upon Saturn. (III High Priestess, Daleth, door, 4; 14th Path). Choikmah to Binah.
Zayin: Saturn acting thru Gemini upon Sol. (VI Lovers, Zain, sword, 7; 17th Path. Binah to Tiphareth.
Cheth: Saturn acting thru Cancer upon Mars. (VII Chariot, Cheth, fence, 8; 18th Path). Binah to Geburah.
Teth: Jupiter acting thru Leo upon Mars. (VIII Strength, Teth, serpent, 9; 19th Path). Chesed to Geburah.
Lamed: Mars acting thru Libra upon Sol. (XI Justice, Lamed, ox-goad, 30; 22nd Path). Geburah to Tiphareth.
Mem: Mars acting thru Water upon Mercury. (XII Hanged Man, Mem, water, 40; 23rd Beth). Geburah to Hod.
Peh: Venus acting through Mars upon Mercury. (XVI Tower, Peh, mouth, 80; 27th Path). Netzach to Hod.
Tav: Luna acting thru Saturn upon the Elements. (XXI World, Tav, cross, 400; 32nd Path). Yesod to Malkuth.

So we see the relationship down the Tree of Life through the planets and paths, symbolized through the Majors.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So our next step is locating planetary hours for the date and day. Here is a handy page for this, followed by a link to current planetary transits.
Planetary Hours Chart -
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Current Transits Chart -

We find our Saturn and Mars hours today to be the following hours starting from Midnight:
01:00, 03:00, 08:00, 10:00, 15:00, 17:00, 22:00, 24:00.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
The next step might be drawing a square, seal and sigils.

These can also be found easily in The Golden Dawn by Israel Regardie, Agrippas Three Books of Occult Philosophy, Barrets The Magus, Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition by Ciceros.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
We consider our intent on the ritual, and design a basic ritual for our intent.
We will task YHVH Elohim and Tzaphqiel with this, as well as Elohim Gibor and Chamuel/Zamael.
We might start with this basic framework:
E: Adoration to the Lord of the Universe
E: Qabbalistic Cross Ritual, LBRP, Qabbalistic Cross
N: Lighting of the Candles and Incense, and purification of Self and Temple.
W: Middle Pillar Ritual
E: LIRP (Earth)
N: Invocation to Saturn and Tav, meditation on the 32nd Path and tie in to intent.
From here we call out to and task Tzaphqiel for aid in this work of art, perhaps use of the Bornless Ritual preceding this.
We finally burn the petition or otherwise give License to Depart.
E: QC/LBRP/QC.
Extinguishing of candles and incense and grounding.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
At this point, you might dive into the Shem Lodge Paper in the Library share, Advanced Planetary Magic, Ars Angelorium, Zodiacal Rituals, HaShem, etc.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I suppose at this point it may be helpful to address the Lesser Ritual of the Hexagram.
There are a couple methods, I prefer traditional Star of David drawing of them, and a divine name and word and letter are spoken during the drawing of it and the stabbing of its center. There is a unicursal method I am not terribly familiar with, let alone Four Forms. I will address this in a later post to know I know it, and to show how it is done with an example.