• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

About Chaos Magic

Albedo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, i don't know if that's the right topic to submit this post but, there it its

I'm a real novice in chaos magick and magick in general, i've read some books from the library but i still have some deep doubts about some terms i've read in this literature, i'll annex them here:

About those "serfs" (idk if its the right translation), these constructions for sigils, do they share any similarity with the golems? (haven't really read about the latter), also a sigil written in paper also represent a serf?

For sigils, saw some ways of "activating" them, i got really confused about it, could someone that works with these explain for me these methods?

Also, saw some mention of sigils in tarot decks, not sure why tho, would they contribute in divination?

I think that's all, thanks for reading and sorry if i posted this in the wrong topic or these were trivial questions.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Well isn't this a coincidence. @Mart is literally writing a short introduction to Chaos Magick as we speak. Look for his post when it is done, and ask him any questions you may have.

Albedo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Oh really a coincidence, i've read his post and it were really helpful in some ways, thanks!

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Glad you found it useful. :) As the saying goes - "there are no coincidenced in magick" :D
For the record, I don't know much about Golems, other than than their Jewish origins, or "serfs".. unless you were talking about "servitors" 🤔

Albedo

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, a bad translation by my part, your definition for servitors fits perfectly for what i've read