• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Altar statues

Reaction score
Awards
For a practicing magician tied to a religion. How are statues used not an act of idolatry? Personally statues are a reminder to me, rather than a symbolic entity.

Noth

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Fr. Mourad can give us the Orthodox prospective for Icons, likely this can cover the Catholic use of statues as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

For my part, I am on the path of being like God (or...trying as hard as I can), and imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Reaction score
Awards
Fr. Mourad can give us the Orthodox prospective for Icons, likely this can cover the Catholic use of statues as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

For my part, I am on the path of being like God (or...trying as hard as I can), and imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Appreciated that, thank you.

Reaction score
Awards
All three stare at me in my usual spot (my bed, where I do everything but rituals). Speaking of rituals, doing a protection Novena today.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
For a practicing magician tied to a religion. How are statues used not an act of idolatry? Personally statues are a reminder to me, rather than a symbolic entity.
The statue should only be a physical representation of whatever deity the religion you're practicing from worships. The worship isn't to the statue itself, but what it represents. So that shouldn't be idolatry (if I'm understanding you correctly).

Reaction score
Awards
So how do you work veneration of ancestors, while also using a religion contrary to theirs?

Or more to the point, using the Shemhamphoresh, can one central side altar be used for all angels and godnames, or do I need to pack wall to wall cubes to pack in 216 separate altars?

Reaction score
Awards
Post Halloween I'm picking clearance stuff up, but in the meantime. Gemstones and statues/figurines for decoration and consecration. Sea nymphs and Poseidon or hecate in the west for example. Sylphs in the east, djinn in the south, gnomes in the north. A Ganesha statue perhaps. But what about for yah, an angel made of plaster or limestone?

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
216 separate altars
Have you ever heard of such a thing? Outside of a temple with priests, that is? Personally, I'd look into getting a statue of St Cyprian of Antioch from a local botanica (not garden but store, often in a Hispanic neighborhood). Pick an intercessor who will work on your behalf and try not to overcomplicate it.

KjEno186

Disciple
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
0f27296cec009703cd80635560064819.jpg

Reaction score
Awards
Have you ever heard of such a thing? Outside of a temple with priests, that is? Personally, I'd look into getting a statue of St Cyprian of Antioch from a local botanica (not garden but store, often in a Hispanic neighborhood). Pick an intercessor who will work on your behalf and try not to overcomplicate it.
Excellent suggestion. I thought ones for elementals and respective godnames and choirs were required, so minimum five altars. I like your botanica idea a lot.
Keep it simple Sidney.

Reaction score
Awards
There are dragon statues at one store I know if I ventured far left.
I like the simple idea as much if not moreso than the figurines idea.
A lot less expensive.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
This is for others then for you as I find you to be a nitwit, hopefully it helps others as it helped me

the concept of idolatry is when one gives their energy to something other then the Creator, but non Jews are not strictly called to not be idolaters

this is about images, it’s just that an image, if there was no state you’d still be able to serve the spirit. The image is more for someone to have a view point or understanding, a concept of the spirit.

Another point about the Images ....IMO someone had a trip thousabds of years ago and saw God or a spirit, in their minds they saw who knows...Zues, Shiva, etc

having said that...they’re are other gods besides the Creator, they are likely angels or even gods someone created.

NOW....one can connect to The Creator even via one of these gods. If someone sees the Virgin Mary as the Mother of God...they really can connect to God via her, she is the Shekinah to them

The Virgin Mary does exist as a spirit...but if one tries and knows how...they can go beyond the image, the Face and connect to God...the same is true for Santa Muerte, Mother Kali, Duomu etc.

same for the Male gods...Ares with his Sefirot I imagine, but I’m more familiar with goddesses

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
There are dragon statues at one store I know if I ventured far left.
I like the simple idea as much if not moreso than the figurines idea.
A lot less expensive.
Yeah, stay away from TOOB Fairies too if you can. You might say you would never bother with those, but then you'll be standing in your home staring at your receipt and they will be everywhere, staring at you.