• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Alternative frameworks to Christianity?

Alvero

Visitor
Reaction score
Are there any good alternative frameworks to Christianity? That is rather than framing your practices in terms of God, Satan, Angels, Demons using something else? Do they all stem from one religion or another?

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'd recommend looking into eastern religions, if you are in western society then the frame work of Christianity looms and influences over everything even if it is not necessarily Christian, and can be hard to truly escape.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Gnostic chrisitianity must have some value. There was a 20 year crusade to wipe it out in southern France. What did they know?

Gnosis: It is best known for its implication within
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
where it signifies a
or
into humanity's real nature as divine, leading to the deliverance of the divine spark within humanity from the constraints of earthly existence

Reaction score
Awards
The direct teaching from Christ Jesus?
His direct words.
You see. When the church interprets his words for you it no longer becomes a living word.
In my experience, the rhema, the living word, is a direct small conversation with the holy spirit through reading the rhema, it comes alive in you and sustains you. Churches or others squash this for means of control over your spirit.

cryphius

Neophyte
Reaction score
I take a more or less Pagan worldview.

1. There are a multiplicity of Beings (deities, spirits, and other things).
  2. There really is no good or evil, just a wide variety of Beings pursuing their agendas (some of these Beings do not have humanity's best interest at heart, but that doesn't make them evil per se, any more than a hungry tiger is evil for putting its interests above humanity).
  3. While there is no Good vs. Evil, there may be Order vs. Chaos or Enlightenment vs. Illusion or Creation vs. Destruction, depending on the tradition.
  4. Beings are entreated with respectful offerings and prayers to gain their goodwill. But they are not "worshipped" in the sense of slavish devotion or out of fire-and-brimstone fear of eternal punishment.
  5. Magic exists, either because it's ingrained in the universe, and/or because it proceeds from supernatural Beings. Certain Beings in particular are highly connected to magic.

Reaction score
Awards
The question is a different framework than christianity, which seems to suggest similar teachings. Right?
That's why I recommended those.
To take out any corruption, we need to go back pre-church.
Apostles/Disciples taught and worked, but they noticed another group casting out illness and demons. Jesus said if they aren't against us they're for us.
This was a religious revolution against the then leaders of Judaism and pagans. There was at this time no run ins with Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or pagan or heathen sects.
Do who taught Jesus?
As a child to escape persecution and death he was sent to Egypt.
For thirty years he was gone, but John recognized him instantly - see the pre birth section in Luke as a reason why.
It's not my 8mmediate concern if you're not christian or for the anti christ.
I'm trying to academically answer this to the best of my knowledge, and two barely mentioned if at all exist: Melkezidek priests and the Essenes.
I've not read the Essenes Gospel yet. I do know however from religion courses that they exist but try to not be in the spotlight for reasons of humility.

Reaction score
Awards
Not trying to be angry or scolding or commanding. However, here are a few more related to Essenes and gnostics -Maniceans, Sabians, Essenes. If Jesus had had children, it would have been that they were adopted per their tradition.
Now. Across the world and away with it's framework, not being a part of anything but it, I would have to go with Norse/Teutonic/CKeltic. You want love, it's there. You want plenty, it's there. You want war, it's there. You want peace. It is there. You want purity, it's there. You want far, its there. You want magic it's there. You want women equal with men even among divine, it's there.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The question is a different framework than christianity, which seems to suggest similar teachings. Right?
That's why I recommended those.
To take out any corruption, we need to go back pre-church.
Apostles/Disciples taught and worked, but they noticed another group casting out illness and demons. Jesus said if they aren't against us they're for us.
This was a religious revolution against the then leaders of Judaism and pagans. There was at this time no run ins with Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or pagan or heathen sects.
Do who taught Jesus?
As a child to escape persecution and death he was sent to Egypt.
For thirty years he was gone, but John recognized him instantly - see the pre birth section in Luke as a reason why.
It's not my 8mmediate concern if you're not christian or for the anti christ.
I'm trying to academically answer this to the best of my knowledge, and two barely mentioned if at all exist: Melkezidek priests and the Essenes.
I've not read the Essenes Gospel yet. I do know however from religion courses that they exist but try to not be in the spotlight for reasons of humility.
Turning points to churches always have to do with structured military. The first to do this was Sargon of Akkad, around 2400 BC.

I am still with you. Go before or after churches. Do not touch Religion at all.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Besides Christianity, you have the Muslim religion, which is far worst. I feel so sorry for those Women, and Children in that religion.

Reaction score
Awards
Islam is and never will be Christianity.

Alternative frameworks to Christianity - per original teachings and not the monster of pride it has become....

Essenes. Or Gnostics.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I take a more or less Pagan worldview.

1. There are a multiplicity of Beings (deities, spirits, and other things).
  2. There really is no good or evil, just a wide variety of Beings pursuing their agendas (some of these Beings do not have humanity's best interest at heart, but that doesn't make them evil per se, any more than a hungry tiger is evil for putting its interests above humanity).
  3. While there is no Good vs. Evil, there may be Order vs. Chaos or Enlightenment vs. Illusion or Creation vs. Destruction, depending on the tradition.
  4. Beings are entreated with respectful offerings and prayers to gain their goodwill. But they are not "worshipped" in the sense of slavish devotion or out of fire-and-brimstone fear of eternal punishment.
  5. Magic exists, either because it's ingrained in the universe, and/or because it proceeds from supernatural Beings. Certain Beings in particular are highly connected to magic.
this is absurd and not helpful. I believe you have a very contempory view not rooted in history.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I am surprised you are this ignorant, Wicca is great here also all yoga and greeks and egyptians, Christianity is a large time error and another jewish shackle on mankind. get yourself some old Wicca books from the 50's they are very aware of being unchristian, Witchcraft is non Christian all natural philosophy also.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Islam is and never will be Christianity.
The Sufis were sometimes called Green Christians

Idries Shah in his book The Sufis explains that the Richard the Lionheart was initiated into the lower Sufi grades and thus the Templars' lack of higher grades is why Freemasonry is deficient in the Mysteries

Reaction score
Awards
But going back to the three sons of Noah, illustrates my point, they're related, and one can follow in the others footsteps...but they cannot be the same.
Sufis. Interesting.

Reaction score
Awards
The reason I would not recommend Judaism or Islam is both are heavy law oriented. From my introductory reading.
All relay similar messages. Each have merit.
But Christ preached two laws of love on which hung all other laws, yet following God by and through love to do his will on Earth was the point.
So ... Witchcraft may have some merit.
Nature was also very prominent in gospels.
Hoodoo might come close.