• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Angels

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
What Is your opinion and expwrirncr with and on angels.

In my minor studies, we all have a guardian angel, each country has one, and each world leader has them.

God placed them in charge of the universe and earth.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Traditionally "angel" means messenger

"Cognate with
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
(a-ke-ro), but origin uncertain. Probably a loanword, and probably related to
(ángaros, “Persian mounted courier”) (whence
), which is probably from an Asian language. Klein suggests
, cf.
‎ (’engirtā, “missive, letter; contract”) and
‎ (ˀeggarṯā, “letter, document”) (from Akkadian, see etymology there); but it could also be from
. Compare also
(ajirā, “agile, swift”),
(añji, “commander, sender”) and
(añjas, “speed,velocity,ointment”).

The religious sense is a
from
‎ (malʾāḵ).
Pronunciation

These days "angel" is mostly used in a semi-religious context. I note in that respect that human encounters with spiritual beings, fairies and aliens have been described in essentially the same way over millennia. It may be that the entities are described to reinforce the cultural context of the experiencers.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have spent a year calling each Shem Angel 5 days in a row. Asking them questions and receiving answers in Hebrew and Latin.
I have called Raphael, Gabriel and Michael (in separate sessions and years apart).
Raphael for help with healing of my own eyes and those of my mother.
Michael for help with something else - which failed.
Gabriel because someone else asked me a couple of times to do it and ask him questions.
The Angels of the mansions of the moon I called for smaller things and incorporate them when I do spells / rituals timed with the mansions.

HGA, I am incorporating his name everyday in the middle Pillar. At least, the name I found out through my birth chart. In my opinion this angel is the hardest to receive communication from.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In human situations, when calling an important person, one usually gets the secretary. Does the same apply with spiritual calls?

How to test?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
How to test?
Yes, the concept of testing entities' identity is something I often wondered about.
What I do is to dismiss any answer that isn't in the selected language and never immediately run to do what "spirit x" has said.

This idea if secretaries is something I agree with. I think the names of the 4 Archangels are so well known that it might be possible that they send one if their "army" when they are called instead of showing up themselves every single time.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, the concept of testing entities' identity is something I often wondered about.
What I do is to dismiss any answer that isn't in the selected language
That does not seem to be a particularly conclusive test.

Long ago I wanted the name that a female friend had in southern France in a strong life some millennia ago - as she did not like her current first name. After some months of intermittent effort on my part, a name was spelt to me telepathically using Hebrew letters.

As it happened that name, in various modern forms, was her middle name, her mother's first name and my mother's first name.

I certainly did not expect it to be in Hebrew letters: aleph, lamed, aleph, yod, nun, aleph - but perhaps it was a last effort after various failures to communicate

Generally my first step in identifying an entity is to measure its level of existence, light-dark balance and kingdom/species. In that context I may start a dialogue - or not.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
That does not seem to be a particularly conclusive test.

Long ago
Crowley used to ask entities to give their name and then used Gematria to determine if they were what they said they were.
That takes time and if you are doing things on your own has to be done after the session.
As it happened that name, in various modern forms, was her middle name, her mother's first name and my mother's first name.

I certainly did not expect it to be in Hebrew letters: aleph, lamed, aleph, yod, nun, aleph - but perhaps it was a last effort after various failures to communicate
Yes, seems convenient that the name was already that prominent in your and her life.

Generally my first step in identifying an entity is to measure its level of existence, light-dark balance and kingdom/species. In that context I may start a dialogue - or not.

This seems like something that you can talk yourself into accepting pretty easily. Sensing what you expect to be sensing.
"His energy is so dark omg" 😅

For me it works when I ask questions and receive answers that I check later.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"His energy is so dark omg"
I find it better to set up a dark-light spectrum, calibrate the spectrum using a couple of known entities, then test the target

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well, different strokes for different folks I guess.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
What Is your opinion and expwrirncr with and on angels.

In my minor studies, we all have a guardian angel, each country has one, and each world leader has them.

God placed them in charge of the universe and earth.
In my experience with Anael, now i'm talking about archangels. With Anael it's more indirectly, not directly, the reason why is because they are in constant worship of God, 24/7 non stop, that's my experience, when invoked Anael, i get a positive vibe/energy, which they send down but i haven't worked with them or Anael more than for protection against spirits i'm about to call from the 72 demons.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
i'm a muslim, so from what i have heard from Christians, in the bible they say when an angel appear they always say "fear not" which was intresting, they could look very powerful/scary for us human being so they had to addres that they where angels of the lord. Very intresting.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have worked with angels from the Judaeo-Christian point of view (no surprise). My experience with angels have always been positive if not direct. Angels don't beat around the bush, I've found them to be very direct and to the point. I used to use a more elaborate GT ritual to evoke angels but over the last several years I've been using A Simple Angelic Evocation ritual that I posted on the old WF. It works extremely well 🧙‍♂️

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Long ago, flying by night across Asia and Europe I was able to observe inwardly the angels overlighting various countries/nations. Not all were happy.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
When I asked about the Orders / Choirs in the Shem I was told by the 55th angel "there is no such thing" (in the Shem) and that they are 1 and not 9.

I knew there's a difference in the accepted hierarchy of choirs between Christianity and Hebrew, but I recently read that even in Kabbalah there are at least 4 different ways of arranging the choirs.
I'll stick with the list I first learned in Modern Magick.

It was funny when I told someone about an angel that I believe is of a certain order and we had different ideas of where this order was in the hierarchy.

Do you think the different hierarchies are due to different views on the order of beings - maybe even because of a view of earth as the center of the universe vs the sun as center of our solar system - or have different kabbalists sensed / experienced / interpreted the Angelic energies differently?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
or have different kabbalists sensed / experienced / interpreted the Angelic energies differently?
Humans form composite images with the incoming data filtered through attendant intelligences and structured around existing beliefs.

Most humans that I have examined have an adverse intelligence attached to the head, managing the interface to the brain. A human needs to have made substantial progress to see objectively. Even then planetary karma is a problem.