• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Being the God of a Universe in a Jar

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone else here play Dwarf Fortress?

Losing is !!Fun!! and all that?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Used to play a bit, but it was hard for me (being a bit younger) to deal with the graphics or lack thereof. But I do love playing god games.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Used to play a bit, but it was hard for me (being a bit younger) to deal with the graphics or lack thereof. But I do love playing god games.
I ask because there are interesting things to learn, from that game, about metaphysics.

Like the facts that:

"Creator Gods" do not need to be smart enough to understand nor actually describe what it is the are creating.

Nor do creator gods need necessarily to be good.

That the nature of omniscience and omnipotence may still require work.

That free will exists in deterministic systems.

No book in the universe they create is likely to actually document the creator nor any of their deeds.

The gods and entities they see are spiritual but still "material".

Given the previous revelations in relation to concepts in media such as SAO, and realities of things like Second Life, it becomes apparent that there can be multiple clients of such suborned universes (metaverses, really) as well.