• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Bird sounds as divination

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I saw2 a catalog of rare books, from 65 to 500 dollars apiece, one was on Bird Chirps as Divination. Ive seen an older book in my teens on all sorts of divination, one including birds, but as weather flight petterns, number of them, etc -- but not on their speech.
As Thoth is a birdlike guy, perhaps he, as well as some angels or owl / other avian like entities could chime in on this topic?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I know the stepmum of my deceased mum in law had that gift. Strangely enough i saw her yesterday. I'll throw a shout out to her and ask if she is willing to help you with that.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder how much of that would be influenced by the local weather, though. I know they say that birds tend to quiet down before a rainstorm, unless the rainstorm's going to last a long time. In which case, they keep chirping. Then of course, mating season's a thing.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I know stories of this ancesteral lady, that birds would visit her when guests were coming.
mSso anyway, im openening a gate, so the lady can pass tru safely and teach you some skills. Lots of my ancestors and this lady too, super enjoy online. It is new, its easy to let people type instead of having to create symbolism in life etc. They also like the online community. So dont be to surprised when texts here on wf contain suddenly more syncs and answers then normal. Just send some thank yous up and they will be happy. If you want to offer them more then feelings thats ok too. And they are whispering right now, that although they once were moslims, they now in death enjoy anything freely given. So dont let cultural background stop you from anything

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
While it may be possible, I think we are reaching here. When we have much more consistent, reproducible, convenient, and more accurate forms of divination, why trouble yourself with something so inconsistent...?

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I’ve heard of divination of every kind, from cheese to tea, to fire, a old user here did readings for me using a small fire.
Looks at the pattern that my mayonnaise made as I squirted it out onto a piece of bread "Holy shit, man! You could, like, totally tell the future from this bad boy!"

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
While it may be possible, I think we are reaching here. When we have much more consistent, reproducible, convenient, and more accurate forms of divination, why trouble yourself with something so inconsistent...?
A good question, Diluculo_DelFuego is this a curiosity/experimental enquiry or do you feel COMPELLED towards birdsong?

Have you had strong visions of chattering birds in dreams or pathworkings?

If you're seeing a lot of synchroncities involving birdsong or feel an instinctive pull then you probably should go for it, even if other divination methods seem easier and clearer.

Irish Bard

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder how much of that would be influenced by the local weather, though. I know they say that birds tend to quiet down before a rainstorm, unless the rainstorm's going to last a long time. In which case, they keep chirping. Then of course, mating season's a thing.
True but then aren't the stars moved by regular mechanics? I'm also a strong believer in a pronoid mindset in relation to the spiritual.

That rainstorm was supposed to interrupt your listening exercise today, so you'd try again tomorrow just when that particular high pitched swallow is in the area, whose song conjured an image in your mind of a .....

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this counts, but I think I am not the only one who has heard a crow at a significant time (at the conclusion of a ritual) or a little bird whistle above your head when thinking things over during a walk. Whether you take it as an omen or coincidence.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this counts, but I think I am not the only one who has heard a crow at a significant time (at the conclusion of a ritual) or a little bird whistle above your head when thinking things over during a walk. Whether you take it as an omen or coincidence.
I've seen blackbirds at significant times before as well. (They were grackles, though, so idk if that counts)

Another thing that's happened to me, is while doing a ritual outside. A cat just kinda appeared out of nowhere at one point, sitting at the entrance to the clearing to stare at me for a while. Though feral cats were common in that area, I thought it really interesting, as they were seldom seen. Almost never lingering for long anywhere a human would be. Though of course, he scurried off when I moved towards him after a few minutes.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes. I'm sure these kind of encounters are responsible for a lot of the descriptions of demon's appearances.
I once did a ritual in my old home which had this really deteriorated attic where I had my temple set up. The roof was no more than tiles. Horrible when it rained or snowed :ROFLMAO: At one point a bee came through one side of the roof, flew in a straight line over the altar and out through the other side of the roof. I was like "?"

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Yes. I'm sure these kind of encounters are responsible for a lot of the descriptions of demon's appearances.
I once did a ritual in my old home which had this really deteriorated attic where I had my temple set up. The roof was no more than tiles. Horrible when it rained or snowed :ROFLMAO: At one point a bee came through one side of the roof, flew in a straight line over the altar and out through the other side of the roof. I was like "?"
Sometimes you really do wonder if certain animals can sense something's going on, and that's why they intrude like they do. Or maybe they're just doing their thing. I know my cat's just an asshole who likes to walk on EVERYTHING, so I started keeping my altar in a closed cupboard where he couldn't get to it.