• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Rules] Book Requests: Rules

Relating to official Wizard Forums rules.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
  1. Do NOT use this section to ask for book recommendstions. Use: Book Discussion and Reviews
  2. Give as many details as possible, including accurate title, author, publisher, edition/volume, and if possible, add an image
  3. Make sure you search through this section and Book Shares BEFORE making a duplicate request
  4. If possible, post a link to a purchasable digital version of the book from a reputable online book retailer (amazon etc), someone may buy and share the book
  5. The request must reasonably be able to be fulfilled (don't ask for super rare books that are not digitized and obviously no one has access to them)
  6. While it is fine to upload books as replies to request threads, it is preferred, and rewarded to upload them in a correctly posted thread in Book Shares
  7. Every member is allowed to bump ONE request thread every 24h. It can be your request, or it can be someone else's, but you can bump ONCE per 24 hours.
  8. Unless the books are volumes of the same series (eg. Conjure Codex I - III) then please put each individual book in it's own thread
  9. This is an English language forum, and as such, only English language book requests will be allowed
  10. You may only request occult or magick related books

Last edited:

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Added new rule:
  • While it is fine to upload books as replies to request threads, it is preferred, and rewarded to upload them in a correctly posted thread in Book Shares
This one's like already been unofficially in my head, but I didn't want to have people wondering why they weren't being rewarded for sharing requested books.

The reason it's better to have them in Book Shares under a PDF share thread is that it's easier to search, find, and catalogue. Also if for some legal reason a particular book needs to be deleted, it's much easier if it's just in 1 place, in 1 thread.

In the future I might make it so that you can ONLY share books in a thread in Book Shares, and NOT as replies to a book request thread.

Not going that far yet tho.

So yeah if you want that juicy "Da Booty" award, and/or potentially a higher reaction score, make sure to post in Book Shares.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
New rule:
7. Every member is allowed to bump ONE request thread every 24h. It can be your request, or it can be someone else's, but you can bump ONCE per 24 hours.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
New rule:
8. Unless the books are volumes of the same series (eg. Conjure Codex I - III) then please put each individual book in it's own thread.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
New rule:
9. This is an English language forum, and as such, only English language book requests will be allowed