• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot Extended LWB by Paul Huson

Share a PDF of a book.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Having purchased the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot deck, I read Paul Huson's website and any other information I could find about it. I'm on a budget, so buying more books, especially when they're largely redundant for my purposes, isn't a good idea. I already own Dr Yoav Ben-Dov's book, Tarot: The Open Reading, which quite adequately discusses tarot history and many interpretations regarding the TdM. What I wanted for the DFWT was a bit more information on why he chose the illustrations for each card, since there are obvious differences with the Conver-based TdMs. Also, the meanings included in the printed LWB that comes with the deck are quite terse due to limited space. Paul Huson illustrated the minors based on Etteilla, so TdM and RWS meanings may not match the pictures at all.

There were hints that a free PDF used to be made available by a link from Paul's website a few years ago. However, now all there is to be found are links to purchase his fully illustrated book on the DFWT deck. I used the Wayback Machine to find the original free PDF. Here it is now, hosted on MEGA and posted on WF for our members.

Azazello

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Great timing, I'm just coming up with a language to use with my deck. Starting on the minor arcana now, and I do resonate with Dion Fortune's thoughts and feelings on these things. Thanks for sharing!

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I do resonate with Dion Fortune's thoughts and feelings on these things. Thanks for sharing!
You're most welcome!

There is, however, potential for confusion regarding the name of this text. "Dame Fortune" doesn't refer to the famous occultist Dion Fortune. Please see this link:

A quote from the PDF I posted:

"Dame Fortune and her Wheel

"Throughout the Middle Ages the powerful Roman goddess Fortuna continued to be believed in, feared and
propitiated, possibly even more than the divinity, on account of her well-known fickleness. Although she was
dubbed 'Dame Fortune' by the populace, the church fathers Lactantius, Aquinas and Augustine regarded her as
little more than synonymous with the Devil himself. But by the dawn of the Renaissance she had devolved into
a recurring poetic fiction, and as such she appeared as a character in the works of, among other writers, Dante,
Boccaccio and Ariosto. In paintings and illustrations she was often depicted blindfolded to demonstrate just
how capricious she was, frequently turning a great wheel to which all humanity clung, the poorest wretch at the
bottom, the most powerful potentate at the top. The fact that her wheel revolved without stopping symbolized
the flux and change of all things, especially the impermanence of wealth and status. She and her wheel featured
in a variety of divination devices of the fifteenth century, and indeed she represents one of its central allegorical
images of the trumps of the tarot deck."

Azazello

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the clarification, apparently Fortune works in many ways :). I should have read some of the text before replying. I'll still be looking at the text as I make my list of words, since it seems fortuitous that you posted this today. All the best.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot ILLUSTRATED LWB for WizardForums.com

This is a reworked version of the original free document by Paul Huson, which you can still download from the link in the first post of this thread. I copied and formatted his text around the images of his tarot deck which can be found online. I added a table of contents for looking up cards quickly during a reading. This reference is practical for owners of the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot deck, which I recommend and enjoy using. It will probably not be useful for any Rider-Waite tarot decks for a variety of reasons. One could use this guide along side most typical Tarot de Marseilles decks, though in practice I believe that each deck has its own 'voice.'

Reaction score
Awards
Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot ILLUSTRATED LWB for WizardForums.com

This is a reworked version of the original free document by Paul Huson, which you can still download from the link in the first post of this thread. I copied and formatted his text around the images of his tarot deck which can be found online. I added a table of contents for looking up cards quickly during a reading. This reference is practical for owners of the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot deck, which I recommend and enjoy using. It will probably not be useful for any Rider-Waite tarot decks for a variety of reasons. One could use this guide along side most typical Tarot de Marseilles decks, though in practice I believe that each deck has its own 'voice.'

This is Fantastic Work @KjEno186 !!!

I enjoy collecting new decks and studying about them even though I primarily use the Universal Waite Deck in practice.

Thank You for reworking Huson's Booklet into a more aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Reaction score
Awards
I might look into this. I thought I had a fair handle at one point with Tarot and lost the knowledge and edge.
So, trying to get it back along with modern interpretation and spreads.