• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [darangal] The Scientific Method

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
aRv9B7p.gif

This thread is for the discussion of the scientific method as well as the importance of empirical evidence.

Empirical evidence: a source of knowledge acquired by means of observation or experimentation.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
In a philosophy class, the general form of process was discussed as a process of

thesis,
antithesis,
synthesis becomes new thesis...

It's not even always about the problem. Sometimes it's about just taking a level whack against anything based on observation and subsequent derivation of operant principles.

Said another way, "Doubt is the foundation of all progress".

<3 thread.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Peer review of experimental outcomes is critical particularly with metaphysics

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Peer review of experimental outcomes is critical particularly with metaphysics
Interesting enough, peer review is outside of science.

Peer review is, in my estimation, "academic method", not "scientific method".

Academic process is still important, seeing as it levels doubt at one's own ability to doubt, but they are nonetheless separate: I can be the only living, thinking (immortal?) thing on an unpopulated planet, and I can still employ science to my understanding by developing models and testing them with doubt.

I might also note that neither touches much on metaphysics. That's more Math and Langland's Program that touches on metaphysics.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have conducted many inner plane experiments using a meditation group as real time observers. These trained observers/operators allowed a broader and less biased perspective of inner plane events.

The different perspectives come, not only from having less ego invested in the experiment, but because each human has a different energetic and karmic background and therefore is more or less sensitive to different aspects of the experimental context. The observers may also have inner plane sponsors present to assist their observations and indicate new lines of experiment.

The observer effect is well known in quantum mechanics

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Science is big in the esoteric philosophy...what I mean is

the occult forces can manifest on this plane...BUT it’s better to use say a dr to treat a disease then say spiritual healing