• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Deciding when it is time to hang your hat on magic between LHP/RHP Propaganda wars

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Things have not been going swimmingly for me, and today I was really tending towards hanging my hat for good.
Until I read a mail between me and a fellow member here on my recent magic that worked.
So ... when you feel its not going right for you, its time to figure out why, and cut yourself slack - LHP dont have the luxury of time, RHP does. This is why traditionally most magic systems took a decade to pass someone through upper / inner order grades. Doesn't mean we should slack off, but cut unnecessary slack.
Post automatically merged:

Curse or not, war or not, your first step should be seeking knowledge on your own, unaided by spirits.
Why? First, to know your personal mental limits, second, what if your spirits turn on you one day?
Adept or not, on your own you do not have juice, they however do, perhaps unfortunately for you.

So what do you do?
1. Read the Library Books. Im not exempt, I have at minimum ten books Im trying to read at any time.

2. Perform magic, blindly, season, however. Magick in itself has absolute virtue. Get in practice of ritual.
Crowley would say the same. Perhaps try Qareia or the Celtic Golden Dawn, or Gallery of Magic books.

3. Wards and shields and general banishing, protection magic, we have a few books in the library that teach these.

For 1, 2 and 3, start here: Book Shares
Jason Miller's Protection and Reversal Magic is good. 101 Curses is good. All the books in the library are good. Jason teaches wards and shields however.

DISCLAIMER
I am not hanging my hat, that would be silly, a week ago practically I started Zelator training. Lost my job, which is the first thing that occurs in Zelator. Perhaps I will take my rent money and go declare an immediate bankruptcy. Anyway, one of the first things that shakes apart is the financial house. So, since I am a new Zelator and have had a hellish nightmare of life in magick outside of here, here is where I remain until I get booted for something, its going to be a few years for me to finish this training to adept hood in that system.

Then there is the fact that an extensive library exists, and it is beneficial to obtain knowledge.

Finally, if Im cursed and hell bound for trying to be me, then I need to find an ally, or do what I always do and take it myself in mundane ways.

Last edited:

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
This is some really good advice, @Diluculo_DelFuego and to be honest i needed this right now in my current state. I'm taking it as a sign of some sorts. But never give up, you really do seem like a...gentleman. And unfortunately this world is lacking people like that these days.

I'm loving your threads, opinions, and you've been a great help to me, so thank you for that. If my situation gets any better. I'd gladly offer my time to help you out.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
first step should be seeking knowledge on your own, unaided by spirits.

Since the typical human has a myriad of spirits constructing and operating the human system this statement should perhaps be qualified.

Perhaps the first step is learning what is (in) a human: "know thyself"

Invoking external spirits into a human system that lacks self-understanding is dangerous as the tragic biographies of OTO magicians may demonstrate.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
This is some really good advice, @Diluculo_DelFuego and to be honest i needed this right now in my current state. I'm taking it as a sign of some sorts. But never give up, you really do seem like a...gentleman. And unfortunately this world is lacking people like that these days.

I'm loving your threads, opinions, and you've been a great help to me, so thank you for that. If my situation gets any better. I'd gladly offer my time to help you out.
@Roma .. you are correct on your points, thank you. Still trying to know myself.
@Crows&Ravens ... I appreciate you. If I can help your situations in a magical way, let me know. PM is fine.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Deciding When It Is Time to Hang Your Hat on magic between LHP/RHP Propaganda wars?
SUBTOPIC: LP / RP - Faith compatibility
⁜→ @Crows&Ravens, @Roma, Adjacent Thread starter Nobody, et al,

In reality, it might be better not to consider discarding the Left-Hand Pathway (LHP) and the Right-Hand Pathway (RHP) altogether. Thinking that there are only two possibilities often opens generates a false dilemma (logical fallacy). In complex questions on such broad subjects as Magic (producing supernatural effects), it is better to open the query with the thought that there is a very wide spectrum of possibilities and perspectives (including celestial paths of differing aspects).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
@RoccoR and @Öwnchef ... I recall someone saying something to the tune of if a demon dies an angel dies. This is a dilemma. A once holy and righteous angel encountered a human (?) problem .. Pride. Or an act of conscience.
I know if unchecked by Rule of Law and Fear of State, I could let my dark side come out more which would be unfortunate ... Much like the Qlippoth.
To see them as unworthy, useless, evil or whatnot, we have the same tendencies unchecked.
So I see your point.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, life moves on, and so must we. A sin or vice of malkuth is irritability and inertia. A body in motion must remain in motion. Irritability serves no one.
So this is the point, when you're depressed or fed up, keep on truckin.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Currently starting Zelator in his book, you are correct, in fact, I have the book in front of me open to the Zelator curriculum at a glance.
Learning both forms of banishing Saturn hexagram ritual today.

Part of the Zelator grade is traditionally alchemy as a subject of study. Not only do I have the Alchemist Handbook by Frater Albertus, but for Christmas received a book on Regardeis alchemy notes/diary and on his essays in The Philosophers Stone. So I also have a book on various sciences, and have kits ready to order on amazon once I have money and a po box to ship to, then its game on, so its now game on in getting a job to get therapy and the sciences in motion.

Last edited:

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
His system is known for having, let's say a high damage rate in its practitioners. There are some videos of this guy called Frater Corvus that finished his system. I guess they can help you.
I'm honestly not that advanced to know what is screwing people up, Frater RC was saying that is the hexagram banishing. I tried it to test if what people said about the system was real, but can't say there was anything that bad as people said. A bit of an erie feeling.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting, both a surface look and detailed history of issues.

My bet is a mixture of too much Enochian too soon, mixed in with people rushing bare minimum time to absorb and deal with energies, kundalini psychosis perhaps, unaware of what houses are shaken per grade in the GD system, and yes, perhaps too much Adept material too soon.

It could also be too much banishing, and not enough invoking.

Last edited:

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
You could try the Headless Rite to get some control over the influences. Digitalambler has a good translation with explanation of the elements involved in the rite.

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Deciding When It Is Time to Hang Your Hat ...?
SUBTOPIC: ≈ Off Topic
⁜→ et al,

Just as a piece of trivia → ?

@RoccoR and @Öwnchef ... I recall someone saying something to the tune of if a demon dies an angel dies. This is a dilemma. A once holy and righteous angel encountered a human (?) problem .. Pride. Or an act of conscience.
I know if unchecked by Rule of Law and Fear of State, I could let my dark side come out more which would be unfortunate ... Much like the Qlippoth.
To see them as unworthy, useless, evil or whatnot, we have the same tendencies unchecked.
So I see your point.
(TRIVIA)
There are a great many followers and believers who hold (traditionally) that demonic existents and angelic entities form a buffer between the Supreme Being and all life forms in the universe. Many psychologists think that demonic imagery is a product of experiences that generate night terrors and nightmarish daydreams. Some demons are thought of as they are presented in art and entertainment productions. However, most images of angelic entities are suggested renditions generationally passed down.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well, the candle ritual for today is to Acknowledledge God's Mighty Sovereignty. So going to the source as close as possible. Think I will go with two white tea lights dressed with cinnamon oil and sandalwood as the incense, and try to fully concentrate on the goal and affirmation during dressing and while candle is burning, state the goal and affirmation and let them burn out.

Perhaps after God is addressed, other things will follow. Already had a Minister friend message me from out of the blue. Angelic?

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
SUBTOPIC: ≈ What do we consider as important?
⁜→ Dilucub_DelFuego, et al,

Several times, I had to read and reread our "Dilucub_DelFuego's" commentary. And each time I read it, I saw something new.

So going to the source as close as possible.
(COMMENT)

Such a belief would seem to necessitate the Supreme Being having the characteristic of Omnipresence (
being all together everywhere all the time). Proximity would not be a necessity. The First Cause is at the same uniform strength everywhere. The First Cause does not diminish with space and time.

Think I will go with two white tea lights dressed with cinnamon oil and sandalwood as the incense, and try to fully concentrate on the goal and affirmation during dressing and while candle is burning, state the goal and affirmation and let them burn out.
(COMMENT)

Candle Rituals, along with other human creations, are all about focus. It is a method to clear your mind of contaminants from the outside realm to establish an uninterrupted communion. The poorest human can achieve this meditative-like state using any object (
or nothing at all) as a lens that can open thought with the least resistance.

Well, the candle ritual for today is to Acknowledledge God's Mighty Sovereignty.
(COMMENT)

If we each bask in the enlightened comfort of our "candle ritual" → what we acknowledge the belief in the widest of the supernatural concepts. Even though there is no actual physical evidence to support such a broad view or the ability to substantiate if supernatural power exists, no real scientific model step-up to sets the stage for such a belief (
whether we see it as a religious view or an alternative).

When we adopt language such as "God's Mighty Sovereignty" we actually beam the view that one Supreme Being exists and that all power throughout the universe radiates from that single point of origin (
The First Cause). That becomes, in point of fact, the ultimate supernatural source. With the power of the "First Cause" and the strength of the belief in the Supreme Being, any form of Metaphysical Activity is possible.

Already had a Minister friend message me from out of the blue. Angelic?
(RESPONSE)

An "Angel" is a "Supernatural Entity" that comes into existence through the power and glory of the "Creator of the Universe" (
The Supreme Being). Whether the accepted belief is in monotheism or polytheism the key factor here is the difference between the view that there is one Supreme Being → and the opposing view that there is a belief in multiple deities. There is no uniform description of the Supreme Being, except that is has the three (3) essential powers. BUT, Angels (fallen or not) do not have a uniform description. Hence, we say "Angelic like" (Angelic for short). The only thing common to the description of Angels is wings - and even that is becoming less common.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The only thing common to the description of Angels is wings

A RAF crew trainer that told me the first angel he saw looked like a fluctuating electrical flow - that might be interpreted as flapping wings.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Screw this world, it seems the only right answer to be able too survive in this world is to go Left Hand Path. I dont want to go there, but feel forced to go there. Or maybe Im looking for an easy way out, like my thoughts of suicide by OD today. Lost my job and in danger of being homeless. Im 54. I can't survive. I have no answers or options left but to move West. This was my thought train prior to a conversation with a different friend who Id considered renting from, and the one Im business partners with. I can be business partners with both, but this one in particular is where the real money is. So, moving in with him next month, which makes me feel much better.

Last edited:

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
It's alright. Something came over me working there, this irrational fear of heights. But, things were what they were. I talked with an old friend who I will be renting a room from starting next month and will be live-in tech support for our business as well. My route of service, help desk. Ironically no-one will hire me for that it seems. Except my friend.

Well, now I cn start to record rituals I do for constructive criticism or maybe showing others how to do what I do.

SUBTOPIC: ≈ What do we consider as important?
⁜→ Dilucub_DelFuego, et al,

Several times, I had to read and reread our "Dilucub_DelFuego's" commentary. And each time I read it, I saw something new.

(COMMENT)

Such a belief would seem to necessitate the Supreme Being having the characteristic of Omnipresence (
being all together everywhere all the time). Proximity would not be a necessity. The First Cause is at the same uniform strength everywhere. The First Cause does not diminish with space and time.

(COMMENT)

Candle Rituals, along with other human creations, are all about focus. It is a method to clear your mind of contaminants from the outside realm to establish an uninterrupted communion. The poorest human can achieve this meditative-like state using any object (
or nothing at all) as a lens that can open thought with the least resistance.

(COMMENT)

If we each bask in the enlightened comfort of our "candle ritual" → what we acknowledge the belief in the widest of the supernatural concepts. Even though there is no actual physical evidence to support such a broad view or the ability to substantiate if supernatural power exists, no real scientific model step-up to sets the stage for such a belief (
whether we see it as a religious view or an alternative).

When we adopt language such as "God's Mighty Sovereignty" we actually beam the view that one Supreme Being exists and that all power throughout the universe radiates from that single point of origin (
The First Cause). That becomes, in point of fact, the ultimate supernatural source. With the power of the "First Cause" and the strength of the belief in the Supreme Being, any form of Metaphysical Activity is possible.

(RESPONSE)

An "Angel" is a "Supernatural Entity" that comes into existence through the power and glory of the "Creator of the Universe" (
The Supreme Being). Whether the accepted belief is in monotheism or polytheism the key factor here is the difference between the view that there is one Supreme Being → and the opposing view that there is a belief in multiple deities. There is no uniform description of the Supreme Being, except that is has the three (3) essential powers. BUT, Angels (fallen or not) do not have a uniform description. Hence, we say "Angelic like" (Angelic for short). The only thing common to the description of Angels is wings - and even that is becoming less common.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
I should clarify, although I grew up Christian, I have mixed beliefs. I have encountered the Holy Spirit as others describe his ways.
However, I was put on this path for a reason. Even though I was told no more occult. The only route is self-transformation.

I should also clarify the candle magic textbook is Anna Rivas Candle Burning Magick. She is, as far as I can tell, conjure. Conjure in this sense means there is a Christian or Judaism foundation, but Psalms are frequently used with oils and herbs to bring about a result or change. For this reason, this is why most of the rituals if not all are "Jehovah" based.

Again, Im Celtic, so I have mixed beliefs, and after finding the watch in me, it made it clear to me that the major rligions make a lot of money and tend to rob people. So not much of a church goer these days.

I also would be interested in pointers to more "neutral" affirmations, that still empower the self, bind and curse foes, etc.

Last edited: