• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Destruction of the Ego

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

for those who know, I have been dedicated on the path of lucid dreaming and ultimately astral projection.

I have had some success with lucid dreaming this summer but not on a consistent enough basis

my current routine is meditation anywhere from 10-15 minutes daily and trying to recall dreams

However I am a college student, and the life of studying, partying and girls has me too rooted to the material world and I feel like it is a great hinderance to any spiritual insight or progress I can make.

Does anybody have any tips to help me dissolve the ego, disassociate myself from my mind and my body, which I take great pride in, in order to experience the higher planes of reality?

All comments are appreciated.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Prioritize. Being in magic doesn't necessarily mean withdrawal from the world, but old views will be challenged, life may get turbulent depending on how you're setup. If you're father based, father issues will come up, if you're mother based, mother issues will come up.
Use the Lesser (Banishing) Ritual of the Pentagram daily for one thing.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The ego is a necessary intelligence. It has the valuable temporary function of driving the human to get its act together - initially to protect the self-esteem of the ego.

Getting the human's act together is necessary for first stage enlightenment when the ego intelligence moves from defense to creativity

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The ego is a necessary intelligence. It has the valuable temporary function of driving the human to get its act together - initially to protect the self-esteem of the ego.

Getting the human's act together is necessary for first stage enlightenment when the ego intelligence moves from defense to creativity
true, maybe my question should be amended to: how to better control the ego?

The uncontrollable impulses of the ego often breaks the stream of my spiritual efforts and disturbs my mind from the peace and intentions I try to set within it.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The ego operates on the middle subplane of the mental - 5.4 - just below the lowest level of the soul body (neschama). The human must eventually control 5.4 and the intelligences that conceal themselves there

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The issue is learning to control the mental substance. That takes much work over several lifetimes. No short cuts that I have seen.

The practice of Sudoku was popular a decade ago - a useful intro to managing the mental processes.

Others prefer philosophy (higher mental subplane concepts) and others like competitive bridge.

Some like to still the mind - a critical control process - but the mind still needs to be trained in sensing and operating with mental plane substance\

There are sense organs to be developed on every mental subplane

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The ego operates on the middle subplane of the mental - 5.4 - just below the lowest level of the soul body (neschama). The human must eventually control 5.4 and the intelligences that conceal themselves there
No idea what any of that means man

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The issue is learning to control the mental substance. That takes much work over several lifetimes. No short cuts that I have seen.

The practice of Sudoku was popular a decade ago - a useful intro to managing the mental processes.

Others prefer philosophy (higher mental subplane concepts) and others like competitive bridge.

Some like to still the mind - a critical control process - but the mind still needs to be trained in sensing and operating with mental plane substance\

There are sense organs to be developed on every mental subplane
Meditating with the intention of silencing the mind, which corresponds with the ego, has brought me marginal success so far but like I said I’m just now getting into the rabbit hole again.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hello all,

for those who know, I have been dedicated on the path of lucid dreaming and ultimately astral projection.

I have had some success with lucid dreaming this summer but not on a consistent enough basis

my current routine is meditation anywhere from 10-15 minutes daily and trying to recall dreams

However I am a college student, and the life of studying, partying and girls has me too rooted to the material world and I feel like it is a great hinderance to any spiritual insight or progress I can make.

Does anybody have any tips to help me dissolve the ego, disassociate myself from my mind and my body, which I take great pride in, in order to experience the higher planes of reality?

All comments are appreciated.
As far as I know access To the higher planes is barred unless you live a certain lifestyle

meaning you should live by certain ethical precepts...but if you’re not religious I can’t just say here’s a religion and follow it. I’m just saying many religions and magic systems have basic sexual, dietary guidelines

having said that there are many who still leave the body and see lower worlds, like lower inner earth beings and angels...basically these are fairies or big food that live inside the earth. There are also angels That look after nature, the weather, plants but these are not the higher angels like the Archangels

anyway, what Roma was blathering about is that we all have a soul, this soul has 5 parts, one enjoys sex food etc, part just wants to be near God, you can look up the five parts of the soul in Kabbalah. Without the urge to have sex we wouldn’t be a race

having said that, one has to control the ego as to not run around getting drunk...that’s why God gave people ethical precepts...many religions have them because many religions see God or the angels in their own mental capacity

but yeah that’s the advice...if you want access to the higher realms you don’t have to be a hermit but you shouldn’t be running around acting certain ways. Look up Guided Meditation by Rabbi Ariel Bar Tzadok

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Meditating with the intention of silencing the mind, which corresponds with the ego, has brought me marginal success so far
The problem with the ego is that it is a trickster tricking itself. When you want to "get rid" of it, this becomes an obsession that actually feeds it, because "you" think you have something to gain by dissolving it. Just imagining the end state becomes like a barrier to its own end. One way to understand the ego is that it is a uroboros, a snake that eats its own tail. "You" feed your "thoughts" and they feed "you" in a muddling cycle.
Suppressing the internal dialogue (which is just an aspect of the ego) is like erecting an artificial dam which creates more an more pressure over time. When you think the ego gone or dissolved, the very act of "realizing" this is just showing its still around, waiting to snap back.
Zen stories and commentaries are filled with this paradox. They're pretty good to read.

higher planes of reality?
You can translate this as "inner planes" as well - you are a microcosm reflecting the macrocosm. The points of access are not necessarily directional or spatial, though we often need them to be, for the ego's sake.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
There are intelligences that conceal themselves within the highest subplane of the personality mind - 5.4

Those intelligences seek to manage the human personality

By first stage enlightenment those intelligences have been transformed and/or brought under intermittent control

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
true, maybe my question should be amended to: how to better control the ego?

The uncontrollable impulses of the ego often breaks the stream of my spiritual efforts and disturbs my mind from the peace and intentions I try to set within it.

I don't quite understand, how having fun with other people can disturb your spiritual development. For me joy and laughter is a wonderful expression of being full of life and happy, very spiritual goals for me. How does joy disturb inner peace? I wouldn't try to control myself in living and enjoying my life, life is so precious to me.

I don't know what you would like to achieve. If it is feeling at peace, then find out in how many ways it is possible to be at peace while you live your life. Being at peace while being with friends might be about love, laughter, joy and maybe a deep thankfulness of being able to experience all this. Being at peace while being out in nature might be about feeling deeply connected to the beauty of the world, the great miracle of life and existence. Being at peace during meditation might be about feeling this wide, calm, inner space. Being at peace while struggling with a problem might be about finding inner strength, accepting that being alive sometimes means fighting for something.

Just some examples. Whatever spiritual goal you have, you can find ways to seek for it in your everyday life - it's much fun, it leads towards your goal and you'll have support from your ego.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah OP I don’t think this anything wrong with letting that part of you flow every once in a while as long as your cautious. But in relation to your question, look into float tanks. I haven’t done them recently in the past couple years but during the period of time I was going often, I was feeling incredible mental control. Just felt sharp. That along with some microdosing helped “stabilize” my ego, urges included.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
There are holistic health centers that have acupressure tables, like a tanning bed with no lid, just resting against moving and pulsing jade balls and uv light. That will leave you feeling better than a chiropractor visit.

Tanning beds, especially in this se son is a good stress outlet and helps control urges as well. Even if tanning nude.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Having sex with random strangers gets your energies mingled up. If you have a steady gf that’s fine though. Some go as far as to say touching the opposite sex is a no.

Drinking and drugs to excess will lower your vibrations

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
This sounds a lot like me not so many years ago. Later in life you will find that this period was a very necessary part of your growth and development; just because an aspect of life is rooted in the material does not mean that it loses spiritual significance.

However, I recall feeling disconnected and held back as well. This is important to recognize. Do you feel like your current lifestyle has gained too much momentum and you’re losing control? When that happened to me it was an alcohol addiction creeping in, although I stubbornly blamed it on everything else. I spent the better part of the next five years learning to manage that, and I will never be the same for it.

Be patient, take care of yourself, and be kind to yourself. Sometimes it takes a while to grow into things. Don’t rush it.