• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Differences Between Curses, Hexes and Other Malefica

The God-King

Apprentice
I'd like to discuss the topic of differences between types of black magic workings. Is there a difference between the things like curses, hexes, laying tricks, hotfooting, etc? If so, does a curse have different effects than a hex? If so, what? Is one "worse" than the other or is it all just semantics and the words are interchangeable? Let's discuss!

Mart

Chaos Alchemist
Archivist
As far as I'm aware of - they're just synonyms coming from different traditions and whatnot, referring to the same general idea of a malefic outbound construct.. but don't quote me on that, just giving my perspective.

Fausto

Neophyte
I'd like to discuss the topic of differences between types of black magic workings. Is there a difference between the things like curses, hexes, laying tricks, hotfooting, etc? If so, does a curse have different effects than a hex? If so, what? Is one "worse" than the other or is it all just semantics and the words are interchangeable? Let's discuss!
There are differences here: first of all, a curse involves five senses of the human being, the eyes of a person who curses, it sparks of hatred, you can feel the taste of blood, you can hear the screams of the victim and so on, in my view, it´s a dangeour practice because if you do not limit it, you can hit a whole family, if you can fuck a person, fuck that person, not the whole family. You need a good protection for not being hit for that kind of energy.

As for the hexes, it involves one or two senses, it attacks the auric camp and it hits two bodies: astral and spiritual, If you are a good magician, a simple work with candels warden off such energies.

A curse is more complicated, because in the course of generations, it becomes stronger, bringing all kind of bad luck, nightmares, misfortune and so on, It´s not impossible to break it, but you need more knowledge for dissolving that.

What I have said here is the practical part, but if you think necessary to make some corrections, it feels free for making.

The God-King

Apprentice
There are differences here: first of all, a curse involves five senses of the human being, the eyes of a person who curses, it sparks of hatred, you can feel the taste of blood, you can hear the screams of the victim and so on, in my view, it´s a dangeour practice because if you do not limit it, you can hit a whole family, if you can fuck a person, fuck that person, not the whole family. You need a good protection for not being hit for that kind of energy.

As for the hexes, it involves one or two senses, it attacks the auric camp and it hits two bodies: astral and spiritual, If you are a good magician, a simple work with candels warden off such energies.

A curse is more complicated, because in the course of generations, it becomes stronger, bringing all kind of bad luck, nightmares, misfortune and so on, It´s not impossible to break it, but you need more knowledge for dissolving that.

What I have said here is the practical part, but if you think necessary to make some corrections, it feels free for making.

Indeed! I also view them as separate and I like your take on how the type of malefic magic affects the target(s) differently. My take is essentially the same: curses are general and can affect one's entire life or be focused down to a specific area whereas hexes are generally specific.

This is honestly something I've never thought of, tbh. I've done exactly one hex, as the definition above would call it, and I just hated how fast the feeling of power over someone else went to my head. Haven't had much motive to try anything since, or at least not anything that a passive-aggressive uncrossing couldn't be used for instead. I have broken my fair share of curses and hexes, though.