• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Effective banishing methods besides the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram

Reaction score
Awards
What are effective methods? I use the LRP daily, modified to Gaelic. I have not noticed any difference between this or the standard LRP.
However, I am interested in other methods.

Alfher

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Hah. Almost anything is a more effective banishing ritual than the LBRP, because it was never meant to be an external banishing ritual in the first place. It’s an internal purification ritual to refine the quality of the elements inside you and quicken your elemental initiations.

As for real banishing, that depends entirely on WHAT you’re banishing. For a lot of things, smoke cleansing your space with frankincense or Rosemary can drive away a lot of bad juju and lesser spirits. With windows/doors open, so it can actually leave. Otherwise the energy/spirit just runs in a circle or hides until the smoke fades away.

There’s also traditional use of bells and all kinds of other things. There’s old folklore of European peoples letting fae or other spirits live with them in winter, then going through the house in spring banging pots and pans and banishing them cause it’s time for them to go back outside and do fae shit. That’s part of where “spring cleaning” comes from.

But of course, little things like that often have little effect on the dead, or most other daimons and gods, unless the spirit just decides to respect your wishes and back off on their own.

Those things require more work. Specific incenses, bigger ritual work more akin to exorcism than an LBRP (the Stele of Jeu from PGM would work), and other such things.

Also remember that it’s not just about getting things out, but keeping things out.

Banishing, Cleansing, and Warding are all separate skills. And you have to do all three of them. Doesn’t matter how, as long as you do it some correct way according to whatever valid tradition you practice, but you gotta do all three of them. And if you do them well, you won’t have to banish at all unless you’re literally doing an exorcism to drive out a big fucker.

My entire home is warded, and both my bedroom and my ritual room have extra layers of wards.

All I have to do is clean sometimes, same as how I have to physically clean sometimes.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

Alfher

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
So, on wards ... how exactly does one ward, let alone layers? How are they enforced other then will?

Basically every complete tradition of magic I have studied has some method of warding, whether it’s Energy Workers like psions or Bardon who just directly cleanse, shape, and program the energy around the space to Daoist magic like Bagua Mirrors (that not only Ward, but Return to Sender automatically) to Appalachian Witchcraft like planting certain plants around your house and inviting the plant spirits to protect your home or things like burying a cinnamon broom underneath the threshold doors of the home.

My Christian mother once warded our home from a neighbor’s maliciousness by leading the whole family in a procession around the entire property line, sprinkling anointing oil as she went and chanting Psalm 91 to raise up a “Hedge of Protection.”

Aaron Leitch talked on the Glitch Bottle Podcast a while back about how he buried Solomonic Pentacles of Mars at the four corners of his property and how that has had some…interestingly potent protection effects lol

One of my layers of protection outside my house is that I make near daily offerings of fresh water and dog food to the local Land Spirits, and to Hecate and whoever else passes through the Crossroads where I live. The stray dogs are happy, too. And as long as Hecate and the local Land Spirits stay happy with me, most things have to come through them to even get to the layers of protection I have at my door, in my different rooms, or on my person.

It really just comes down to exactly where your skill levels are at and what you want to work with. Some things are easier than others, and some bigger skills are worth the time and effort it takes to learn them. But there’s so much you kinda have to just pick something and start practicing.

Reaction score
Awards
Tried this, and feel a tad better. Also said Archangel prayers, so feeling much better.

Reaction score
Awards
Basically every complete tradition of magic I have studied has some method of warding, whether it’s Energy Workers like psions or Bardon who just directly cleanse, shape, and program the energy around the space to Daoist magic like Bagua Mirrors (that not only Ward, but Return to Sender automatically) to Appalachian Witchcraft like planting certain plants around your house and inviting the plant spirits to protect your home or things like burying a cinnamon broom underneath the threshold doors of the home.

My Christian mother once warded our home from a neighbor’s maliciousness by leading the whole family in a procession around the entire property line, sprinkling anointing oil as she went and chanting Psalm 91 to raise up a “Hedge of Protection.”

Aaron Leitch talked on the Glitch Bottle Podcast a while back about how he buried Solomonic Pentacles of Mars at the four corners of his property and how that has had some…interestingly potent protection effects lol

One of my layers of protection outside my house is that I make near daily offerings of fresh water and dog food to the local Land Spirits, and to Hecate and whoever else passes through the Crossroads where I live. The stray dogs are happy, too. And as long as Hecate and the local Land Spirits stay happy with me, most things have to come through them to even get to the layers of protection I have at my door, in my different rooms, or on my person.

It really just comes down to exactly where your skill levels are at and what you want to work with. Some things are easier than others, and some bigger skills are worth the time and effort it takes to learn them. But there’s so much you kinda have to just pick something and start practicing.
I will have to try some of these.

Codybanks

Neophyte
Reaction score

Do you know which Aaron Leitch podcast interview that was? I looked up some of his glitch bottle interviews and he has several which are multiple hours long lol

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Where can one find this?
In the Book of Abraxas. The publisher site doesn't have it listed anymore so it's most likely sold out but you may be able to find a scalper selling it for a premium or hope that sites like Miskatonic Books have it for sale at a reasonable price. Or you can try to find a PDF copy.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

SixtySkills

Neophyte
Reaction score
What are effective methods? I use the LRP daily, modified to Gaelic. I have not noticed any difference between this or the standard LRP.
However, I am interested in other methods.
The ability to generate your own Akasha/Void power. It shreds subtle bodies and sends entities packing. Everything aside from the truly demonic fears it. For Saturnian entities, you need access to Solar energy. And the ability counterbalance the Solar energy so you don't burn yourself.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You could try the Sword Banishing from Damon Brand's "Magickal Protection" (it's on page 21), it seems to have many fans across the net. I just uploaded the book, you might want to give it a try: