• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Energy Vampirism; a basic tutorial.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have a whole lot of experience with energy vampirism, but I've been experimenting with it lately.

The process has been very simple for me where I simply imagine tendrils of my energy connecting with my target (I like to do it on trees after asking if I can borrow some energy) Once I fully visualized the tendrils extending off of me I will simply visualize the energy being sucked out of the target similar to a vacuum. I almost always feel slightly more energetic immediately, however I did do one experiment while I was standing in line at a restaurant. Did the same visualization technique but without asking, and preformed it on the people inside the restaurant. I remember walking away with a noticeable change in my energy, however I can't really advocate using it against the general masses, but it is worth experimenting with.

I have heard stories from a friend that does this at church and says he walks away with spectacular changes in his energy. It's a little tough to get the visualization right, but any practicing occultist will likely be able to perform this easily.

Keep in mind, I operate from a chaos magick perspective and with all magick there are several ways to accomplish the same goal, this is simply what I do, and I like it because of the simplicity.

I find it works best if you get yourself into a magickal trancelike state before attempting, but you can't always do that and it's not always required.

Anyway this is what works for me, hope it works for you.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
How would you test to see if it's working or not?

Ever tried it on a very tiny plant and see it instantly wilt away, or a small insect and see it die immediately?

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
How would you test to see if it's working or not?

Ever tried it on a very tiny plant and see it instantly wilt away, or a small insect and see it die immediately?
It's not that you take all the life energy, you take little by little. One of the trees I did it on had one of the branches die. Over time though, not an instant change by any means.

You don't just kill it in your mind, also when done on people they will have less energy and therefore get tired. You can test it by seeing if your energy levels go up.

That being said I don't practice this often, but it comes in handy. Plus the technique can be used for so many things, such as giving your energy to something else.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Personally I like to contribute more than I take - leave the place/relationship better than when I found it.
Definitely a better mindset to have, I learned this for the sake of knowing. When I take from a plant typically I will go back and give the energy back plus some with a thank you.

You can use this technique for good and evil, for lack of better words.

Modesuas

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thats the technique I find easier but if you catch someones gaze then I can will there energy into me its like a shower deep into yourbody through your own eyes.
I remember first trying out the tendrils on a guy, he walked in front of me whilst walking to work so for 3 days I fed on him for around 5-7 minutes on the third day he looked tired his energy felt tired and that when I new it worked

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
It's not that you take all the life energy, you take little by little. One of the trees I did it on had one of the branches die. Over time though, not an instant change by any means.
The problem I see with this is that you can't know 100% without a doubt if the branch died because of you or because of natural phenomenon, the point of the tests I'm talking about is to eliminate that possibility so you can see whether or not it's really happening.

Because branches die "over time", all the time, living things age over time. It's a natural phenomenon and you should want to "rule it out" from being a possibility. I've seen single branches age and fall off of a tree all the time.

There are four rules that I have when it comes to testing magic, I mentioned them in one of your threads:

I've created a thread just now to explain my reasoning:
RULES:
1. The feat has to be observable in the physical world (I can see it in front of my face, with my own two eyes, while awake and not in any "induced state"). I don't trust "astral visions" or "astral projection", it can just as easily be your imagination. I've had very realistic lucid dreams of me looking down at my body in my room and feeling light and flying around, I do not trust those experiences as "evidence". Something that you "feel" could just be a "Placebo Effect" or self delusion.

2. The feat has to be instantaneous (I made something very specific happen with intent, at the very moment of evocation/focus). This is very important for establishing that it was the result of intent. Something can always happen a week or so after and then you'll tell yourself - "it must have been what I did", but you don't really know that.

3. The feat is repeatable (I was able to repeat the feat with the same level of scrutiny, at least 3 times). This takes out the whole "it was luck or random chance" factor. It leaves no room for doubt.

4. The feat is inexplicable through "natural phenomenon" and is indisputably the result of my intent. Where "nothing is left to chance" and it can't be explained by "coincidence", or "luck", or anything like that (I can't explain it away under any circumstances, the feat is outside the laws of the physical world).

You don't just kill it in your mind
Why haven't you tried to do this at least once though?, like on a seedling or a tiny sprout. How else would you really test that it worked. You do realize that there's so many natural factors that could cause the results you've "seen over time" or "felt" right?

There's so much room for error.

Seeing someone "look tired", seeing a branch on a tree age and die over time, "feeling more energy", these things can't be verified in any real way. How would you account for the possibility of self delusion?

You can test it by seeing if your energy levels go up.
That could just be a "Placebo Effect", the human mind is powerful and can play tricks on you. You can feel better while no change actually took place. There's a reason why drugs go through trial tests involving a "Placebo Group", they give someone a fake pill that does nothing, but because that person believes they got a drug, they start "feeling" better and even experience some benefits or even side effects.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You know, with a user name like "Nicolas Flamel" (a famous alchemist), I would think you'd be more into strict experimentation like this rather than this modern day "new age" approach of "feeling" and "believing".

The reason why I like alchemy is because it's treated more like a science, there's a methodology, human error is taken out of the equation as much as possible.

You don't trust yourself, you trust the results, and you only trust verifiable results.

on the third day he looked tired his energy felt tired and that when I new it worked
Like I said to @Nicolas Flamel, why don't you test this on a sapling (a very tiny plant). If it works the plant should wilt instantly.

If 5 to 7 minutes over 3 days alone (15 to 21 minutes), was enough to drain a fully grown adult male into being tired (a man who was allowed hours of time to recover each day). Then a minute or more likely a few seconds, will be enough to instantly wilt a tiny plant away.

Why go by "feeling" when you can know for sure?

If you do try the experiment and it works, let me know how this entire energy drain magic is learned and done, I'd like to do the test myself.

Modesuas

Neophyte
Reaction score
The problem I see with this is that you can't know 100% without a doubt if the branch died because of you or because of natural phenomenon, the point of the tests I'm talking about is to eliminate that possibility so you can see whether or not it's really happening.

Because branches die "over time", all the time, living things age over time. It's a natural phenomenon and you should want to "rule it out" from being a possibility. I've seen single branches age and fall off of a tree all the time.

There are four rules that I have when it comes to testing magic, I mentioned them in one of your threads:

I've created a thread just now to explain my reasoning:

Why haven't you tried to do this at least once though?, like on a seedling or a tiny sprout. How else would you really test that it worked. You do realize that there's so many natural factors that could cause the results you've "seen over time" or "felt" right?

There's so much room for error.

Seeing someone "look tired", seeing a branch on a tree age and die over time, "feeling more energy", these things can't be verified in any real way. How would you account for the possibility of self delusion?

That could just be a "Placebo Effect", the human mind is powerful and can play tricks on you. You can feel better while no change actually took place. There's a reason why drugs go through trial tests involving a "Placebo Group", they give someone a fake pill that does nothing, but because that person believes they got a drug, they start "feeling" better and even experience some benefits or even side effects.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You know, with a user name like "Nicolas Flamel" (a famous alchemist), I would think you'd be more into strict experimentation like this rather than this modern day "new age" approach of "feeling" and "believing".

The reason why I like alchemy is because it's treated more like a science, there's a methodology, human error is taken out of the equation as much as possible.

You don't trust yourself, you trust the results, and you only trust verifiable results.

Like I said to @Nicolas Flamel, why don't you test this on a sapling (a very tiny plant). If it works the plant should wilt instantly.

If 5 to 7 minutes over 3 days alone (15 to 21 minutes), was enough to drain a fully grown adult male into being tired (a man who was allowed hours of time to recover each day). Then a minute or more likely a few seconds, will be enough to instantly wilt a tiny plant away.

Why go by "feeling" when you can know for sure?

If you do try the experiment and it works, let me know how this entire energy drain magic is learned and done, I'd like to do the test myself.
This was my early days of energy taking and experimenting with such a few years ago, to me yes it was a conscious decision to feed on energy but and here is the but, we all thrive on energy whether is through being a victim, needy where you take, dominating others you take the list is endless and we all thrive on praise appreciation we give energy away when comforting others in need, your person in authority often takes energy just through there presence but they have learnt that technique and enjoy the buzz it gives them power, I watch it everyday.
Yes I still take energy in various forms mostly from food it has to be said.
Healthy non smoking folk in there prime and joggers have the best energy it oozes out them, I mean eating animals your consuming their energy personally I feel no wrong doing if I consume responsibly

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I hardly do this, due to me not liking the general masses and the energy they put out. Ive tried filtering their shit, but that became similar to starving myself.

If and when i feel the need to do something like this, it has to have a higher purpose then just energy take in. In that sense i mostly use reiki and its symbols. It is mostly thought as giving and healing, but it can be used for any energy work really.

The beauty of this way is that it says to use universal lifeforce and there is an abundance of it. So in that sense you wont attract what you sent out (not karma but the result of your actions, in my case anyways) and it also says to help in the spiritual department (i agree).

It can also be used in magickal endeavors, whether as healing agent, shielding or attack, it doesnt really matter. However this isnt thought as reiki is mostly seen as white fluff.

Thankfully reiki also doesnt use tendrils, which i find the most silly thing ever concocted. I am f*cking no octopus!

What i also find disturbing is the fact that i am very familiar with nonhuman nonliving vampires and those are way different from what we are describing here as vampirism. The term is confusing, which is probably the reason why it came into being like this.

Every human sucks energy, every human links to other minds, every human attacks and defends. The term vampire is a door to more awareness of that skill. Most of the time there is only human skill behind that door, sometimes there is more and then it really sucks.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I hardly do this, due to me not liking the general masses and the energy they put out. Ive tried filtering their shit, but that became similar to starving myself.

If and when i feel the need to do something like this, it has to have a higher purpose then just energy take in. In that sense i mostly use reiki and its symbols. It is mostly thought as giving and healing, but it can be used for any energy work really.

The beauty of this way is that it says to use universal lifeforce and there is an abundance of it. So in that sense you wont attract what you sent out (not karma but the result of your actions, in my case anyways) and it also says to help in the spiritual department (i agree).

It can also be used in magickal endeavors, whether as healing agent, shielding or attack, it doesnt really matter. However this isnt thought as reiki is mostly seen as white fluff.

Thankfully reiki also doesnt use tendrils, which i find the most silly thing ever concocted. I am f*cking no octopus!

What i also find disturbing is the fact that i am very familiar with nonhuman nonliving vampires and those are way different from what we are describing here as vampirism. The term is confusing, which is probably the reason why it came into being like this.

Every human sucks energy, every human links to other minds, every human attacks and defends. The term vampire is a door to more awareness of that skill. Most of the time there is only human skill behind that door, sometimes there is more and then it really sucks.
Tendrils != tentacles. It merely is a visualization to connect yourself with energy to the target.

Also to the above poster, skeptics have little place in magick. I definitely don't follow your 4 rules.

Modesuas

Neophyte
Reaction score

Every human sucks energy, every human links to other minds, every human attacks and defends. The term vampire is a door to more awareness of that skill. Most of the time there is only human skill behind that door, sometimes there is more and then it

Tendrils != tentacles. It merely is a visualization to connect yourself with energy to the target.

Also to the above poster, skeptics have little place in magick. I definitely don't follow your 4 rules.
And for that reason on rules, I have none and work alone & do as I will I have little time for the masses

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
@Nicolas Flamel : I know and i dont like it. 😉

Btw if someone really needs the energy why not learn how to take that from the air? Aka pore breathing. It is way more neutral, it is everywhere and has no consequences other then feeling energized.

I dont say this to ridicule vampirism, id ridicule myself (might be an idea btw, lol), but in the end energysucking like is thought in vampirism is a hard skill to evolve with. Whether that be magickal, spiritual or alchemical.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
@Nicolas Flamel : I know and i dont like it. 😉

Btw if someone really needs the energy why not learn how to take that from the air? Aka pore breathing. It is way more neutral, it is everywhere and has no consequences other then feeling energized.

I dont say this to ridicule vampirism, id ridicule myself (might be an idea btw, lol), but in the end energysucking like is thought in vampirism is a hard skill to evolve with. Whether that be magickal, spiritual or alchemical.
While yes there is better alternatives to energy vampirism, I posted this in the energy vampirism section.

Also energy vampirism is incredibly simple that people even do it subconsciously. This is merely how I have been taught to do it and it works in my experiments. Like I said previously its not something I mainly do, I usually take source energy.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I personally hate the term "energy vampirism". It reminds me of my younger brother spending nights in the local cemetery with his "vampire friends". I think it was maybe just a lot of drugs and sex, heh.

That being said, this is a very real thing. There are some people, you just have to be around them, and you become physically and mentally exhausted. As Nicolas said, some people do it subconsciously, almost likely their body is bolstering its reserves whenever it can.

For me, I try not to take other peoples energies. 99% of the time I'm only around Jaide, so that would kind of suck for us both! I'd be a liar if I said I haven't tried feeding off someone else's energy in the past. I wonder if the subconscious act of energy vampirism is just part of being human.

Maybe this is one reason society sucks so bad right now. We're all behind computers and cut off from all that energy. Taking someones energy into yourself has got to create some amount of empathy (unless you're just out to drain everyone I guess) since you are literally taking someone else's energy into yourself. I don't think that combination can happen without some side effects, but maybe some of those side effects are actually positive.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I personally hate the term "energy vampirism". It reminds me of my younger brother spending nights in the local cemetery with his "vampire friends". I think it was maybe just a lot of drugs and sex, heh.

That being said, this is a very real thing. There are some people, you just have to be around them, and you become physically and mentally exhausted. As Nicolas said, some people do it subconsciously, almost likely their body is bolstering its reserves whenever it can.

For me, I try not to take other peoples energies. 99% of the time I'm only around Jaide, so that would kind of suck for us both! I'd be a liar if I said I haven't tried feeding off someone else's energy in the past. I wonder if the subconscious act of energy vampirism is just part of being human.

Maybe this is one reason society sucks so bad right now. We're all behind computers and cut off from all that energy. Taking someones energy into yourself has got to create some amount of empathy (unless you're just out to drain everyone I guess) since you are literally taking someone else's energy into yourself. I don't think that combination can happen without some side effects, but maybe some of those side effects are actually positive.
You should try giving some of your energy to Jaide if you ever see an opportunity. It works the same as energy vampirism just reverse the process.

Assuming Jaide is your S/O. I think it could be a sweet gesture if needed.

BTW you can even send feelings of love and strong emotions for example if someone is feeling down. I like to visualize it as my energy giving the person a hug.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
skeptics have little place in magick.
Said "Nicolas Flamel", who failed to see the irony in the username he had chosen while saying this 😂.

Alchemy is the predecessor of modern chemistry, it has influenced the discovery of several scientific concepts and experimental methodologies that have constructed the foundational basis of empirical science.

So the man whose name you are wearing would probably disagree with you.

Maybe if there were more skeptics in magick there'd be less larpers too. It's probably a normal occurrence for a newcomer to be led astray by someone who was only playing pretend, only to later give up on magick because the fake guidance they were being given never worked.

A skeptical community is an honest one.

Nicolas Flamel

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Said "Nicolas Flamel", who failed to see the irony in the username he had chosen while saying this 😂.

Alchemy is the predecessor of modern chemistry, it has influenced the discovery of several scientific concepts and experimental methodologies that have constructed the foundational basis of empirical science.

So the man whose name you are wearing would probably disagree with you.

Maybe if there were more skeptics in magick there'd be less larpers too. It's probably a normal occurrence for a newcomer to be led astray by someone who was only playing pretend, only to later give up on magick because the fake guidance they were being given never worked.

A skeptical community is an honest one.
If you want to believe we're all playing pretend that is your business, but it sounds to me like you don't even believe in magick in the first place. It isn't my job to convince you to do anything, or change your beliefs. All I am saying is that your beliefs are likely why you have yet to experience anything magickal. Fortunately, most of us, don't have these same issues. Magick is about the human subconscious affecting reality in mostly subtle ways, but sometimes the effects are profound and tailored to the individual.

Also I chose this name because I've used it for years, I don't mind that the original guy may not align with my own beliefs because I am not the actual Nicolas Flamel. Obviously.

However, that being said, I do hope you one day have one of those moments where you realize that there is more to it than you could ever believe. It honestly feels like you're the one who is larping but I will say you have a talent for writing and can construct a solid argument for yourself. I don't mean to come off as hostile, but I believe that your beliefs are doing more to limit your pursuit of magick than anything else.

Please look into what I have said previously about using belief as a tool, you can believe 100% in the moment and put it down when your rituals are done. Your own doubt will ruin the magick. (As will the doubt of others, which is why you typically don't share your own workings)

Real magick is tailored to the individual. But who knows maybe you will be one of the first to ever study magick with an extremely scientific mindset. (Look into quantum mechanics maybe?)

Anyway hopefully some of what I said makes sense, and ill leave one more tip, one secret ingredient to magick is an altered state of mind. That is what most rituals get you in to, rather than the rituals are what make the magick. Your subconscious mind is in charge here.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
If you want to believe we're all playing pretend that is your business
Woah woah now, I've never said ALL, I've talked to some users privately that I think are probably legitimate, no need to prop up a strawman to argue against lol.

It isn't my job to convince you to do anything, or change your beliefs.
I'm sorry, my posts may have been confusing because I wasn't specific enough. I never asked you to convince me, I'm just gauging how little it took for you to convince yourself.

If "feeling" something and seeing a branch on a tree age and die (like what happens to many trees) is enough, then who am I to tell you otherwise.

All I am saying is that your beliefs are likely why you have yet to experience anything magickal
More like, it's easier for you to experience something "magical" because you don't actually have ANY structured criteria for whether something "magical" occurred or not.

You don't have a "filtering process" so no matter what happens you can just convince yourself "magic happened".

If someone thinks that breathing is a form of exercise, then they can also convince themselves that they "exercise regularly".

You'll always hit your mark if your target is as large as you need it to be.

No criteria = no possibility of failure.

Magick is about the human subconscious affecting reality in mostly subtle ways, but sometimes the effects are profound and tailored to the individual.
Psychosis - "Psychosis is a condition that affects the way your brain processes information. It causes you to lose touch with reality"

If you aren't doing any tests to see if you are just experiencing psychosis, then that is a self admission that you don't care if you are really using magic, you just care about the experience and how that makes you feel.

In that sense, someone who uses DMT or any other hallucinogenic drug is a magician, and whatever experiences they had are just as legitimate as anything you've alleged to have done while not under the influence of a drug.

I'll end this here.