• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

General Purpose Magic Circle

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
When designing your magic circle, of which I have a few ideas either recommended or thought of, so since I am seemingly early Alzheimers, I cannot recall exactly who might have recommended a certain method, so giving credit where due here, to whomever you may be.

So, the question.

Design of a magic circle, for all-purpose/general-purpose work. What languages should be used, and what in particular are required no matter the work?

Example languages Ive seen:
Malachim
Celestial
Draconic Script
Thebes
Latin
Hebrew
Greek

So, depending on what work you will be doing, what are de facto standards for a general or all purpose magic circle that screams "I am completely and utterly serious and ready to do this"?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Ideas:
Dropcloth and acrylic or spray paint
Square piece of plywood that can be repetitively repainted and drill holes for candles and incense, etc.
Martial arts belts clipped or taped together with paper taped around the belts to be written on
Premanufactured magic circle from Koetting or other manufacturers of such a thing

Not by my choice, but I am forced to live on the cheap. Spending hundreds to thousands on a magic circle or rug is out of my range.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Examples Ive seen in ancient and modern grimoires of required symbols or names:
The magic circles as shown in Art and Meaning of Magic or Tree of Life
The magic circles shown in Book 4 or Tarot of Ceremionial Magic
The reason Imention these as vague as possible is because of two things:
1. Differing symbols
2. Differing Divine names

In addition, there are circles used primarily;y for Shemhamphoresh workings
There are circles designed and used for demonic workings
etc.

So, it goes back to the question - what fundamental symbols and divine names would be used for a general/all-purpose magic circle?

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I guess I should also state that I am within the solitary Golden Dawn side of the fence, and my next aspirations are Shemhamphoresh and Celestial Magic.

Reaction score
Awards
I have a couple of suggestions that might be what you are looking for....

For a Floor style Circle there is a seller on RedBubble who makes Wall Tapestry's in 3 sizes starting as low as $35 and they are roughly 5 Feet, 6 Feet, and 7 Feet and come in various Color Schemes. Link Below

mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

If space is a concern you may choose to use a Trithemius Table of Practice instead which is my preferred choice anyway.

I can think of no better source for one of these than Rare Earth Works on Etsy. They have multiple Finish choices and start at under $50.... Link Below

il_1588xN.1572503275_egdy.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Awesome. Thank you ... Will grab and try them ... That first one with the Hebrew is nice .. but I do like that table.

Reaction score
Awards
Awesome. Thank you ... Will grab and try them ... That first one with the Hebrew is nice .. but I do like that table.

Also wanted to add if you browse around on Etsy you can also find some reasonably price Sigillum Dei Aemeth's and Seals of the Seven Archangels that are engraved into Wood.

il_1588xN.1628756663_ngn8.jpg

il_1588xN.3672064038_876z.jpg

You can use these for Shem and Celestial/Planetary workings.

All of these can also serve a Double Function on your Alter as a Pentacle that you can use to place Talismans, Amulets, or Eucharists on for Charging and Consecrating.

This is why I lean towards these type of Circle/Boards. They are reasonably priced and Multi Functional.

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Folks, I really do appreciate your recommendations.
I will probably still make my own at some point (my text may call for me to do so), plus I need to work on my Hebrew and Greek again. But I do appreciate your research and suggestions, I am definitely putting 50 toward temple supplies, so this may do the job :). Thanks!!