• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Golden Dawn Self Initiation Question

Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, Ave,

In reading through and speaking through the initiation rituals from The Golden Dawn 7th Ed (with pieces on a chessboard and following along with what I have as tools), I have a question.
We have the name Temple of the Order Stella Matutina, we also have the motto, Name, and name of the temple.

Are Stella Matutina and any name workable for an astral initiation?

I am working through simultaneously Kabbalah, Magic and the Great Work of Self-Transformation, and Candle Magick: A Spellbook for Good and Evil. Christopher's book calls for references within The Golden Dawn.

Thanks in advance, Care,

Nocte Ac Die, aka Nightside, Diluculo, Delfuego.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The initiate is always self-made - by much work to refine, control and align the etheric, emotional and mental bodies.

Physical ceremonies are primarily to assist with energy flows and gestalts. Only rarely do they coincide with inner initiations at this time.

After control of the etheric subplanes the first inner initiation is often remembered as a dream as that ceremony occurs on mental levels.

The second inner initiation, based on emotional refinement, seems to have its ceremony on the buddhic plane so that there is usually no dream recollection

Physical organizations may have some value for the first initiation but the initiate is always self-made by hard work

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you @Roma ! So no real name is necessary for the Temple and Order? I've just been using prior names of mine with my current Motto.

Or just go by the book?
The work is picking up. Subconsciously or spiritually, I am being prodded to work with Saturn rather than against, to pick out stones for geomancy kit. To do certain exercises and rituals. To hang up the Enochian Earth tablet. Im pushing forward this time.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There is a strong Rosicrucian belief that there are guards everywhere and of course spirits that ignore you until, yes until you joined them and obediently suck their dicks on your knees for years to get the passwords.
In reality you install these guards and spirits unknowingly by yourself when you use their meditations that are full of inductions and suggestions to do exactly that.
That makes self-intitiation extremely easy, as long as you omit the meditations.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My view is fake it until I make it.
This is why I don’t understand how you’ve been working at it for years and gotten no where....you can read this stuff for years and not get it, a lot of it is symbolic

you need to put down the books and make contact, make a relationship

but you say you quit when you fail, or you say you can’t sense spirits, too many excuses IMO. I can’t see spirits, yet I can read, I have other ways to speak to spirits, they’ll visit one in dreams.

i Don’t know how many times you need to ask or be told how to do something till you do it and follow through. It’s not as hard as you make it seem.

Reaction score
Awards
That's why I've selected a book recommended to me. It's six months through each grade. Nowhere so far has it been like other books where contact with an inner planes contact is made.

Reaction score
Awards
This is why I don’t understand how you’ve been working at it for years and gotten no where....you can read this stuff for years and not get it, a lot of it is symbolic

but you say you quit when you fail, or you say you can’t sense spirits, too many excuses IMO. I can’t see spirits, yet I can read, I have other ways to speak to spirits, they’ll visit one in dreams.

i Don’t know how many times you need to ask or be told how to do something till you do it and follow through. It’s not as hard as you make it seem.
Despite the critique of my chosen path, and even so, I get your points. Thank you for contributing to the original question, to you and everyone else.
Yes, procrastination is a thorn in my side.

Reaction score
Awards

That was the point of the post on why it's been years.
I hadn't hooked up with a current, and didn't have a name for the temple. The motto I have of course.
In the rituals. These are specifically named, and yes, the initiations happen all the time ... To other people.
I'm following the instructions for the most part. Candle Magick I have been slacking on, but some of the "excuses" were solid realities.
And again, so far it's been touched on as a concept that spirits exist in various forms. It seems to me to be a GD with OTO methods included.
I like the book. It has altered reality at times, just not in my favor. Hopefully that will change shortly. We will see. I plan on completing the Neophyte work by January and going into Zelator. Then by June the next grade.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Self initiation in Golden Dawn really begins with LIRP and LBRP to get the feel of Divine Energies. Which then after that begins with going through the elements. Going through the elements is perhaps the most important procedure of the entire thing where you learn both magick inside that element and how it affects the energetic body and so forth. Take it as slow as you want and don't try to hurry your phase through the elements. You can do the elements in any order that you wish. When you have gotten the feel of the element you can work with the element at any time when you are alone. So in this sense you don't even need to cast a circle or other pecularities. You just continue with the element chosen from the Beyond sector and see how you become better and better at using/governing/flowing with the current element.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I’m not criticizing you, it’s just that every post is the same shit

you make everything to be so complicated, you could choose one spirit, make an altar and speak to them via the cards, or Find someone to read for you

instead you make everything so complicated, everything has to be, I must summon 72 angels, I must join this super secret thing, you start by establishing a connection, then...they will open up to you bit by bit

IMO, a lot of this is a way of learning mental mastery, that’s why so much of it is symbolic. I think trying to enter into a lodge without a teacher is eh, I don’t get the point.