• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hands and fingers

Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know what the difference is between the left hand and the right hand in terms of magical use, and for that matter, the fingers in relation to planets?
Posting this as a question in how to do my LRP or LRH as a left hander, who ususally does the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram with my left index finger generally. Want to know how this is afflicting me (if it is).

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone know what the difference is between the left hand and the right hand in terms of magical use, and for that matter, the fingers in relation to planets?
Posting this as a question in how to do my LRP or LRH as a left hander, who ususally does the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram with my left index finger generally. Want to know how this is afflicting me (if it is).
I've read in some places that the right hand is projective, or for casting and the like. And that the left hand is receptive, for pulling things in. But in other places, I've ALSO read that it depends on which hand is dominant, and your dominant hand is the one that projects.

As a lefty myself, I personally have had no problem with using either hand for either task. And as somebody who does a lot of energy work as the base for all my spells, it really seems rather arbitrary. I'd say experiment, and figure out what works best for you.