• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How does one create and open chakras?

Reaction score
Awards
Is this only attainable through Reiki or Kundalini Yoga?
Or is it through visualization and repetition of a mantra?
The reason I ask is that I would like to proceed with A Complete Course In Magick, but chakras were an issue despite meditation on them. I know they are not open due to a handy dandy chart I jotted down to best of my ability while watching a video on chakras and side effects.
Speaking of side effects, what are common experiences directly after opening chakras?
Can chakras be replaced instead by use of the Middle Pillar Ritual?

Last edited:

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I usually just visualize mostly while meditating. 9/10 that works for me. For me, when they are activated you will feel almost like a pressure on the spot they are located.

Easiest for me is to start from the top (the head) and work your way down to the bottom. I imagine the energy flowing down through them to my root and then back up my spine. Tongue touching the roof of your mouth helps to.

Reaction score
Awards
Will try that, it makes more sense for me to let divine light descend into the brain, spine and nervous system, then to have to force it to travel upwards. Will try this method instead. Thank you for the advice :)

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
No need to force it upwards I find. Once the energy has reached the root it should go up the spine on it's own. You'll feel a sensation right before it happens in the root area. Atleast that's how it worked for me.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry I had to look this up cause I'm learning this all on my own, but it makes sense. For me I had mainly headaches and Constipation. I did have a small bout of muscle pain in my left shoulder too. This all went away through stretches, exercise and meditation.

You'll notice lots of changes in habits like eating. I went from eating everything to eating mainly fruits and vegetables. I find meats and breads to heavy now and eat it in very small portions. Even sweets, I miss sweets. Lol.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Is this only attainable through Reiki or Kundalini Yoga?
Or is it through visualization and repetition of a mantra?
The reason I ask is that I would like to proceed with A Complete Course In Magick, but chakras were an issue despite meditation on them. I know they are not open due to a handy dandy chart I jotted down to best of my ability while watching a video on chakras and side effects.
Speaking of side effects, what are common experiences directly after opening chakras?
Can chakras be replaced instead by use of the Middle Pillar Ritual?
Everybody has chakras already in various stages of opening or closing. Visualization is fine and working with all the chakras at once is what I usually do, but if you feel one chakra is damaged more you can specifically meditate on it.

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Roma suggested to me once to use your heart light on damaged ones. Visualizing the light going to that area. It helped me to activate my root better.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Everybody has chakras already in various stages of opening or closing. Visualization is fine and working with all the chakras at once is what I usually do, but if you feel one chakra is damaged more you can specifically meditate on it.
also vibrating the mantras with each chakra can be profound, mess with either way ultimately it’s what works best with you.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Isn't working out another good way to open and/or strengthen Chakras as well? I'm sure I heard or read that from somewhere. I know its also good for the Aura. Why not for Charkas?

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
You got it right Lemongrass. The same tricks I use don't work for my brother who is also still trying to open his.

I also find that fasting for a day really helps for me too.
Haven’t tried fasting, definitely will need to attempt it.
Post automatically merged:

Isn't working out another good way to open and/or strengthen Chakras as well? I'm sure I heard or read that from somewhere. I know it’s also good for the Aura. Why not for Charkas?
Only issue I’ve noticed is it can actually hinder connecting with higher chakras if your ego is wrapped up in it.

As someone whose main hobby is fitness and being relatively proficient in it, I’ve noticed it can cause me to be overly attached to my physical image and capabilities.

basically, like everything else, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Now as for Kundalini Psychosis, what occurs that results in that?
Yeah, that's tricky. I prefer the term "syndrome" over psychosis as the latter term indicates a total clinical break with reality. I think it depends on how much potential subtle energy is built up in the Muladara, its automatic linking to the Ajna and the coloring of its expression creating a feedback loop.
I had an episode once that lasted for three days. It began with a beautiful experience of samadhi followed by a craving to study various elements of Vama Marga/Vamachara Tantrism, and it my instinctive comprehension which magnetized me and set off the symptoms. I experienced a state of "agony-ecstasy" that only grew more intense when I tried to remedy it with breathing exercises and ritual procedures. Ignoring the occult did nothing to help. I felt like I was dying and intensely alive at the same time, caught between Heaven and Hell, and yet that these two were One continuum. My spine pulsed with glorious impulses of pure life pleasure coinciding with the utter horror of being skinned alive. I tried booze to chill me out but I couldn't even feel it. In desperation I searched for any remedy for the condition until I found the image of Vajrayogini, which seem to encode everything I was feeling. After contemplating this I felt the symptoms subside.
Gopi Krishna reportedly endured this type of situation for a year. I was reading in Grant about Frater Iadnamad, who reports similar "agony-ecstasy" conditions. In regards to my own work, I link this situation what the Greeks called "divine madness". However, I think it is an initiatory phase that must be endured at some point, in the cultural context of Tantra under the guidance of a guru. In my case I like to link it to what Evola said regarding the "Knowledge of the Waters" : "...this veil of ignorance is only removed and the eye of Knowledge opened at a certain point of growth and in the presence of strength able to endure the vision."
But this is a gradual unveiling. I feel The Hanged Man in the Tarot is an an excellent symbol for this state of being.

Doh, The Fool probably is more important to the actual condition as it is experienced. Crowley's card represents that well I think.

Reaction score
Awards
Haven’t tried fasting, definitely will need to attempt it.
this is absolutely mandatory for higher education, you seem like a good candidate, i fast regularly, every couple days usually, and in between i eat very little, over time i have found the minimum amount of food energy i need to prosper, its far less than you might think, and of course you cannot eat meat and raise your vibration unless you are killing the animals your self and absorbing their suffering

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Only issue I’ve noticed is it can actually hinder connecting with higher chakras if your ego is wrapped up in it.

As someone whose main hobby is fitness and being relatively proficient in it, I’ve noticed it can cause me to be overly attached to my physical image and capabilities.

basically, like everything else, too much of a good thing can become a bad thing.
I plan to do exercises during the Planetary hours which are connected to the Charkas because at least then I'm constantly reminded why I'm doing those workouts, in hopes it will destroy any egoism that may occur.

I won't have to worry about building any muscles because that will be happening anyways, but instead I can focus on my Charkas and realising that I am strengthening, growing that particular Charka. Thus my Magick will become more potent at the same time and I can even petition the Gods/Goddesses of those planets to help me grow while I'm doing so.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I'm also not sure how some exercises can help improve the Charkas, for an example the Third Eye....I guess Yoga?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awards
I would review the systems of yoga, myself included. My Hatha yoga teacher had a stroke, it's possible I'm a candidate for strokes or heart attacks.
Anyway, she reversed the physical effects of the stroke via Hatha yoga.
So possibly the third eye could be awakened via Hatha yoga .. Kundalini yoga consists of white black and red as subsystems of Kundalini yoga. That may help no matter what subsystem you practice of Kundalini yoga.