• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How many of you Meditate daily?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Took a while building up the habit, but I’ve been near-daily for the last year, spotty prior to that. I drive an hour each way to work, so I get a good chunk in during the morning commute, and then right before bed every evening. Try to take advantage of quiet moments throughout the day to still the mind as well.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I do basic Quareia meditations for at least half an hour every day. The first two meditations focus on breath and visualizing colors. The third is a 'heart flame' meditation. I'm beginning to add visionary 'walking' in preparation for more advanced techniques.

I appreciate the words of author Jason Miller on the topic of meditation:

"If you tried meditating and think you are bad at it, I can tell you what happened: you probably sat there, stared at the candle or watched your breath for a second or two, and had a thought. Then you returned to the breath or the candle for a couple more seconds and had another thought. Maybe a minute in you suddenly realized you not only had a thought, but you hadn't focused on the object of meditation for quite a while. Instead of the breath or the mantra, you were thinking about food or sex or whatever people think about when they are not thinking about food or sex. You chided yourself and got back into focus and then . . . it happened all over again. Rinse and repeat for the next twenty minutes until this interminably frustrating experience is over.

"If that is a rough description of your meditation experience, I have good news for you: that is actually what is supposed to happen. You
were meditating. Better yet, you were learning what your mind feels like when it is focused and recognizing when it is distracted. You were exercising the muscle that releases you from distraction and gets you back to what you have willed yourself to do. Even more important for our purposes: you were learning what your own thoughts and ideas feel like when examined. This is really vital if you plan to communicate with things that other people can't see or hear. These subtle voices, thoughts, and ideas that spirits communicate will require that clarity.

"The good news is, I am going to make meditation very simple for you. Ready?

"Sit down and shut up. Be still and silent for twenty minutes every day. If you can't do that, do ten minutes and work up from there. Any focus will do. Follow the breath. Stare at a flame or a point. Repeat a mantra. It doesn't matter. Sit some place you are comfortable and stable and focus your mind on that thing.

"Isn't there more to it than that? Sure. There can be. ..."
from Consorting with Spirits, page 66-67.

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I do basic Quareia meditations for at least half an hour every day. The first two meditations focus on breath and visualizing colors. The third is a 'heart flame' meditation. I'm beginning to add visionary 'walking' in preparation for more advanced techniques.

I appreciate the words of author Jason Miller on the topic of meditation:

"If you tried meditating and think you are bad at it, I can tell you what happened: you probably sat there, stared at the candle or watched your breath for a second or two, and had a thought. Then you returned to the breath or the candle for a couple more seconds and had another thought. Maybe a minute in you suddenly realized you not only had a thought, but you hadn't focused on the object of meditation for quite a while. Instead of the breath or the mantra, you were thinking about food or sex or whatever people think about when they are not thinking about food or sex. You chided yourself and got back into focus and then . . . it happened all over again. Rinse and repeat for the next twenty minutes until this interminably frustrating experience is over.

"If that is a rough description of your meditation experience, I have good news for you: that is actually what is supposed to happen. You
were meditating. Better yet, you were learning what your mind feels like when it is focused and recognizing when it is distracted. You were exercising the muscle that releases you from distraction and gets you back to what you have willed yourself to do. Even more important for our purposes: you were learning what your own thoughts and ideas feel like when examined. This is really vital if you plan to communicate with things that other people can't see or hear. These subtle voices, thoughts, and ideas that spirits communicate will require that clarity.

"The good news is, I am going to make meditation very simple for you. Ready?

"Sit down and shut up. Be still and silent for twenty minutes every day. If you can't do that, do ten minutes and work up from there. Any focus will do. Follow the breath. Stare at a flame or a point. Repeat a mantra. It doesn't matter. Sit some place you are comfortable and stable and focus your mind on that thing.

"Isn't there more to it than that? Sure. There can be. ..."
from Consorting with Spirits, page 66-67.
Loved this bit from Mr. Miller myself. On more than one occasion I’ve tried to teach a loved one to meditate, and I’m going to pull out this quote the next time it comes up. An excellent bit of advice for those who do not yet understand the process or who are easily frustrated by their expectations.

I’ve never heard of Quareia meditation before, would you mind sharing what you do? I’ve recently started a heart flame meditation as well based on what I’ve seen Roma and Dilulco discuss here. I like it, and it seems to help with pain.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Really sitting down for it with the intention only a cup of minutes. Throughout the day I do it more.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
its really hard for me to meditate but some days i can do half an hour but most days its spotty

Reaction score
Awards
I wish I could say I do.

My current meditation track is mostly breath work and visualization.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I can't sleep because of being tortured in a war, so I meditate for the entire night until I fall into deep trance states. Had somekind of horror thing when I was inside a future prison so can't sleep because of what happened.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I meditate twice daily and it often starts with a known entity saying: Hurry up, come along!

And "he" puts me into an obscure/complicated situation that apparently I am supposed to do something about. If I am too hopeless he gives me a brain image to get me started.

Still, that is often the most interesting part of my day as a retired human

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Techniques for meditation are really a candle light that you stare against. Visualizing an object. Just being and breathing. Going with the flow seems to be most important.

Amur

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Every few months they give me an energy box or an entity that is quite different from the usual advantageous offers. Apparently I am supposed to be able to detect the adverse gifts before I am damaged. I am getting the hang of it
That sounds neat. I was also tested by alot of different things when the shamanic initiation begun. Now I just get tested if I have spoken the truth in every matter.

Reaction score
Awards
Thinking back, I guess it depends on what we define as meditation.
If we close our eyes, and sit and "scan" ourself from head to toe nothing but not trying to solve, just observing any pain, knot, kink etc. That is a ritual called Body Awareness. Golden Dawn Audiotapes, Regardie
The Relaxation Ritual from Kraigs Modern Magick, the Tarot Contemplation Ritual by same book and author.
Several examples could be presented.
Anything actively directed while being open and receptive is generally considered meditation, and generally includes for some unit of time, an altered state of consciousness and natural rhythmic breathing.
Post automatically merged:

Rarely lately. Looking at my previous post, this is slightly embarrassing and telling as to ritual failure or general anxiety increases.

Last edited: