• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Karma?

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The other day a fellow member had shared a situation, some of us said it may be karma

....but how do we know, what is karma to you and how does it manifest?

in Kabbalah they say the Baal Shem Tov had his student wait at a certain area, he said stay till sundown and observe. So the student saw a rich man with a bag of coins sit down, get up n walk off, he left his money though. Then came another man who found the money n took it. A third man came and sat down, just then the rich man came back looking for his money, he accused the third man of taking it and beat him up.

the student returned to the Baal Shem Tov and asked what it all meant. The Baal Shem said, the first man who was rich was a thief in a past life, he cheated his partner, the second man who took the money was that partner he cheated. But what of the third the student asked? He was the judge who was bribed to side with the rich man.

but...what does karma mean to you, is every bad thing karma? In my learnings when someone is born and dies fast it can be karma, or someone’s born into a sick body can be karma.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I try to be nice to everyone I meet, but I really don't like interacting with people so I will mostly keep to myself.
Maybe in a past life I was cast out or something.

I do believe that most - if not all things that happen to us are a result of past actions.
When you however think of time as being non linear it complicates that idea and actions might actually be reactions etc.

I sometimes think of the start of conflicts (like Israel / Gaza).

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If you mean Karma in the actual, true, buddhist definition of it, then no, I don't believe in it, because I don't believe in reincarnation or past lives.

But I do believe in treating people the way I would expect to be treated if I were in their situation.

Also, I believe that your maleficent/benevolent actions affect your own subconscious mental state, and your energy, and will affect your experiences in this life, at least to some extent. This idea extends beyond the self, to your communities, countries, cultures, and in those scenarios, can certainly span multiple generations.

But if you ask me if I believe that if I trample a cockroach in this life, whether I might be born as a cockroach who gets trampled in the next life, then no, I don't believe that. And I honestly think buddhist people use it as a crutch for all their failures in life. "Oh, I didn't get the job I wanted... it can't be because I'm incompetent, it must be because in my past life I did something wrong... oh well"

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
As i know it works as a action and consequence result but
You attract or things will come to you what you do think or done
If you help a poor in the street ,even a cent
Money will come to you as well!
I personally experince that so many times...
About past life still i dont know that much
But as in current life its like that
Some idealogy in between of law of attraction and law of karma
Actually i realized this laws or happenings they work simultaneously toghther in this reality or realm of ours...

WisdomAddict

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I try to be nice to everyone I meet, but I really don't like interacting with people so I will mostly keep to myself.
Maybe in a past life I was cast out or something.

I do believe that most - if not all things that happen to us are a result of past actions.
When you however think of time as being non linear it complicates that idea and actions might actually be reactions etc.

I sometimes think of the start of conflicts (like Israel / Gaza).
I was like that,
But this may sound weird but since i stop being nice in all situations,my life changed drastically!
I tell you why,
Since we all live in a share reality
The third person maybe needs to pay off an karma by you!
You became a vehicle for them to experince something karmic but has nothing to do with you and your karmic vessel...
Maybe you even get positive karma or score by doing that in their life to learn from their mistakes or teaching them
Even accidetentaly and not in purpose of educating or lecturing them...