• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Keto diet?

VoxNoctifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with this and how (if at all) has it affected you spiritually and mentally? I have a friend who swears by it, but there are certain things I have trouble surrendering, like beer. However, I feel a greater sense of mental clarity and feel physically better when I ditch the carbs, which obviously is much more conducive to having the calmness and focus to have a more successful ritual working.

Another issue, however, is ditching certain sugars like those in fruit juices, which don't bother me physically when I have them. I'm wondering if doing a less-strict keto diet with cheat days would be something that could work.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone had any success with this and how (if at all) has it affected you spiritually and mentally? I have a friend who swears by it, but there are certain things I have trouble surrendering, like beer. However, I feel a greater sense of mental clarity and feel physically better when I ditch the carbs, which obviously is much more conducive to having the calmness and focus to have a more successful ritual working.

Another issue, however, is ditching certain sugars like those in fruit juices, which don't bother me physically when I have them. I'm wondering if doing a less-strict keto diet with cheat days would be something that could work.
I’m not a fan of Keto, it is a good diet to do If you have a goal weight in mind over a limited timeframe, however, I would not recommend it as a permanent diet as you will start to feel tired and low energy no matter how many fats and proteins you eat.

what I recommend instead is a high protein diet and source your carbs mostly from fruits instead of from grains, huge game changer.

VoxNoctifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Keto, it is a good diet to do If you have a goal weight in mind over a limited timeframe, however, I would not recommend it as a permanent diet as you will start to feel tired and low energy no matter how many fats and proteins you eat.

what I recommend instead is a high protein diet and source your carbs mostly from fruits instead of from grains, huge game changer.
Thanks for the advice, that might ultimately be what works best for me.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I did a low carb diet for a few years, not even going full keto. I felt like I was in pretty good shape. At this time, however, caring for elderly parents in the same house who like their carbs, I'm not really able to do that sort of diet now. It's a shame since I have picked up some unwanted body fat, though I'm not obese. If I have any bread in my brunch, one of two meals I eat in a day, not long afterward I'm experiencing reactive hypoglycemia (desire to take a nap and loss of energy). Rice is actually not as bad.

The benefit of keto is short term weight loss and other health benefits relating to lowering insulin in the body. High systemic insulin levels are precursor to Metabolic Syndrome (obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) and increase the likelihood of serious chronic diseases. One can kick start a keto diet with a fast lasting several days. Personally, I would avoid "too much" fruit, especially out of season, as fructose is one kind of sugar that is only metabolized by the liver into triglycerides. Granted, I have always had a sweet tooth. A handful of grapes is okay, but a glass of grape juice isn't. An orange or two is okay, but orange juice isn't. You get the idea.

Tovan Zero

Visitor
Reaction score
Awards
I've eaten keto-carnivore for a little over five years now. I started primarily out of curiosity but my high energy & mental stability have kept me consistent. Set a time period of a month or so & see how you feel?

Reaction score
Awards
slightly off topic:

if you eat nonorganic bread products, especially highly processed and packaged breads, you are eating a lot of industrial waste, the worst of it is glyphosate, it is ignored by most people but it is powerful poison, even small amounts will cause dis ease, there is no safe dose

i make all my own bread from unbleached, unbromated organic flour, even those that are "gluten intolerant" have cheated and eaten my bagels and not had any problems

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
slightly off topic:

if you eat nonorganic bread products, especially highly processed and packaged breads, you are eating a lot of industrial waste, the worst of it is glyphosate, it is ignored by most people but it is powerful poison, even small amounts will cause dis ease, there is no safe dose

i make all my own bread from unbleached, unbromated organic flour, even those that are "gluten intolerant" have cheated and eaten my bagels and not had any problems

Isn't the reason for this that a lot of people are actually not "gluten intolerant" (coeliac disease), but instead they slip into trends and hypochondria?

Reaction score
Awards

Microbiome disruption​

• November 2020
    Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    reports that approximately 54 percent of species in the core of the human gut microbiome are “potentially sensitive” to glyphosate. With a “large proportion” of bacteria in the gut microbiome susceptible to glyphosate, the intake of glyphosate “may severely affect the composition of the human gut microbiome,” the authors said in their paper. See also
  • A 2020
    concludes that, “glyphosate residues on food could cause dysbiosis, given that opportunistic pathogens are more resistant to glyphosate compared to commensal bacteria.” The paper continues, “Glyphosate may be a critical environmental trigger in the etiology of several disease states associated with dysbiosis, including celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome. Glyphosate exposure may also have consequences for mental health, including anxiety and depression, through alterations in the gut microbiome.”
  • A 2018 rat study conducted by the Ramazzini Institute reported that low-dose exposures to Roundup at levels considered safe significantly
    in some of the rat pups.
  • Another 2018 study reported that higher levels of glyphosate administered to mice disrupted the gut microbiota and

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Not answering my question. Actual coeliacs will have a really bad time when gluten is present in their food, with glyphosate or without.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
if you already know then why ask, maybe he felt it. i for myself found certain emotions in your questions as to why i didnt answer, but instead opted to agree with the like button. having food allergies has to do with bad food and bad info on how to listen to your body for more generations then 1.

Reaction score
Awards
Isn't the reason for this that a lot of people are actually not "gluten intolerant" (coeliac disease), but instead they slip into trends and hypochondria?

Not answering my question. Actual coeliacs will have a really bad time when gluten is present in their food, with glyphosate or without.
your question was very poorly worded, i did my best

in my highly regarded and respected opinion there is no such thing as gluten intolerance, there is zero evidence that coeliac/celiac disease exists at all, go ahead and post some up if you can find any, but i fucking guarantee you will see phrases like "researchers believe", "it is thought that", "possible mechanism", and nothing definitive, you will not find hard evidence that gluten intolerance is a thing

instead you will see much talk about the "gut biome", there will be some speculation on how it is damaged, but no concrete conclusions will be reached, the cause is a giant mystery, but for sure it isnt the chemistry that has replaced food, surely our modern overprocessed way of life isnt toxic, right? it must be you genes, yeah, you defective, time for injection, sleep now

in conclusion, the world is liars that want you to suffer and die for profit

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
your question was very poorly worded, i did my best

in my highly regarded and respected opinion there is no such thing as gluten intolerance, there is zero evidence that coeliac/celiac disease exists at all, go ahead and post some up if you can find any, but i fucking guarantee you will see phrases like "researchers believe", "it is thought that", "possible mechanism", and nothing definitive, you will not find hard evidence that gluten intolerance is a thing

instead you will see much talk about the "gut biome", there will be some speculation on how it is damaged, but no concrete conclusions will be reached, the cause is a giant mystery, but for sure it isnt the chemistry that has replaced food, surely our modern overprocessed way of life isnt toxic, right? it must be you genes, yeah, you defective, time for injection, sleep now

in conclusion, the world is liars that want you to suffer and die for profit

Off the top of my hat:

Reaction score
Awards

Causes​

Your genes combined with eating foods with gluten and other factors can contribute to celiac disease, but the precise cause isn't known. Infant-feeding practices, gastrointestinal infections and gut bacteria might contribute, as well. Sometimes celiac disease becomes active after surgery, pregnancy, childbirth, viral infection or severe emotional stress.

Is gluten bad for you?​

“There’s a lot of confusion about gluten being an evil food. Gluten isn’t inherently bad for most people,” says Rajagopal. “We, as humans, have consumed gluten for as long as people have been making bread. For centuries, foods with gluten have been providing people with protein, soluble fiber and nutrients.”

Gluten in itself, especially gluten found in whole grains, is not bad for healthy people whose bodies can tolerate it. However, grains like wheat are often stripped down to make processed foods such as snack crackers and potato chips. “These refined products have very little resemblance to the actual wheat plant, which is actually highly nutritious,” explains Rajagopal. “They tend to contain things like white rice flour and starches, but not whole grains.”

the two abstracts you posted are irrelevant, just quit while youre behind

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Abstracts? You seriously missed all the links there? These are pre-prints, my dude :D. And no, I am not going through a paywall for you, pre-prints will do.

Reaction score
Awards
they are still irrelevant papers about staining technique, they do not explain gluten intolerance pathology, you are way out of your league here, boy

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
they are still irrelevant papers about staining technique, they do not explain gluten intolerance pathology, you are way out of your league here, boy

You are SOOO COOOL... But, have you really checked? Because eg the
study speaks about the diagnosis and prediction of celiac disease, using those stained images and deep learning. Now, remember this?

there is zero evidence that coeliac/celiac disease exists at all

Not only the study above is direct evidence that coeliac/celiac disease exists. It can also be diagnosed and even predicted.

Reaction score
Awards
from the link:

We perform extensive experimentation with three object detection baselines on three datasets to show that DeGPR is model-agnostic, and consistently improves baselines obtaining up to 9% (absolute) mAP gains.
Subjects:Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition

its a method of counting cells, the cell counting is then interpreted, this paper is about a diagnostic tool, it says nothing about disease pathology, your weak replies are starting to look like lazy trolling, instead of posting random links to papers you could maybe look into the pathology of celiac and report your findings, good luck

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
from the link:

We perform extensive experimentation with three object detection baselines on three datasets to show that DeGPR is model-agnostic, and consistently improves baselines obtaining up to 9% (absolute) mAP gains.
Subjects:Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition

its a method of counting cells, the cell counting is then interpreted, this paper is about a diagnostic tool, it says nothing about disease pathology, your weak replies are starting to look like lazy trolling, instead of posting random links to papers you could maybe look into the pathology of celiac and report your findings, good luck

Come on, you are trolling at this point. Funny you missed the very previous sentence:

MuCeD consists of 55 biopsy images of the human duodenum for predicting celiac disease

Actually, let's make the content I am referring to clear:

MC2DC over duodenum biopsies is needed to compute the ratio of counts of two cell types for diagnosing celiac disease [6]. Cell counting is a tedious process and *Equal contribution often leads to significant inter-observer and intra-observer variations [4, 8]. This motivates the need for an AI system that can provide robust and reproducible predictions.

Also:

We test the benefits of DEGPR over three base object detection models (Yolov5, Faster-RCNN, EfficientDet) on 1 arXiv:2304.00741v1 [cs.CV] 3 Apr 2023 Epith IEL Figure 1. Visual dissimilarities between IELs and ENs. ENs (first row) are lighter stained, bigger and elongated in structure. IELs (second row) are darker stained, smaller, and circular in shape. three MC2DC datasets. Of these, two are publicly available: CoNSeP [15] and MoNuSAC [47]. We additionally contribute a novel MuCeD dataset for the detection of celiac disease. MuCeD consists of 55 annotated biopsy images of the human duodenum, which have a total of 8,600 cell annotations of IELs and ENs. We find that DEGPR consistently improves detection and counting performance over all base models on all datasets

And:

Multi-class Celiac Disease Dataset: We release MuCeD, a dataset that is carefully curated and validated by expert pathologists. The H&E-stained histopathology images of the human duodenum in MuCeD are captured through an Olympus BX50 microscope at 20× zoom using a DP26 camera with each image being 1920×2148 in dimension. The dataset has 55 images, with bounding boxes for 2,090 IELs and 6,518 ENs annotated using the LabelMe software and are further validated by multiple pathologists.

And:

Additionally, we use the Q-histology [6] parameter for the quantitative classification of duodenum biopsy images into the celiac or non-celiac category. Q-Histology ratio is defined as the ratio of the number of IELs per 100 ENs. If the ratio is ≥ 25, then the patient suffers from celiac disease. We use this ratio to evaluate our model on the downstream task of classifying patients into celiac and non-celiac.

And:

We find that DEGPR is effective in improving performance of several object detection backbones, obtaining substantial improvements in both detection and counting metrics. As a consequence, the F-score of the model in predicting celiac disease increases from 77% to 90%. We release our code and data for further research.

As you can see, this wasn't a random link to a random paper. But if you do not take that as evidence that a celiac disease truly exists, then what about this?

Is that also not proof that celiac disease exists?

And considering that the data above are probably not your speed, here is something you could actually understand:

And with that, I am out. PEACE

Reaction score
Awards
its possible your anger has blinded you to the fact that diagnostic procedures are not pathology, any set of diagnostics can be used to describe anything that is found as "something", that does not mean that "something" exists, if one of my sheep is killed and i find all the signs that a chupacabra did it that does not make the chupacabra real

[facepalm]