• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Knowledge and conversation of the HGA

auza121

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
For those who have made contact how does it present for you? Ive had a long standing relationship with a Spirit/ force ( currently presenting itself as I type this). Im trying to discern if what im experiencing falls in line with whats so often talked about in Occult literature.

A bit of background on my relationship with this spirit. Regular Communion came after one of the lowest points in my life. We had to evacuate our house due to the California fires and I ended up going on an alcohol induced bender, blacked out and woke up in the hospital after having my stomach pumped. I had a bashed knee and broken ribs due to getting jumped while black out drunk. Hungover not sure if my knee was irreparably damaged laying in a hotel I was devastated ready to give up on life but in that moment a eye presented itself on the painting next to my bed. it communicated psychically through impressions not speech. Although not verbal the message seemed clear. It was my safety net and everything was going to be ok.

Since that day its been a regular part of my life and seems to guide me away from self destruction towards improving myself.

Does this resonate with anyone on the forum?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Here is a simple experiment:

Put your attention to the entity, and look at (or visualize) its light body. Then visualize a piece of paper with the words "my holy guardian angel". Push the paper next to the entity. What happens?

Or try the word: Predator. Try "Friendly Spirit"

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Does your Holy Guardian Angel have a name? As I'm currently reading Magickal Destiny by Damon Brand (from the forum library), I expressed my intent to know my HGA. Being that it's a personal relationship, I set up some correspondences between my tarot deck and Hebrew letters, including the minor arcana. First, I asked for the number of letters, shuffled, and drew a few cards to get to a number card, which was 7. Then I shuffled again, spread out the deck and selected 7 cards "randomly." A bit of this and that gave me a name. As giving names is something assigned to humans, I told my HGA the new name. Does your HGA have a name?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
eye presented itself on the painting next to my bed
I have several paintings/prints that allow entities to connect to the room. How was it that you were next to a suitable painting?

Does your HGA have a name?
Mine has moved on and in any case my sponsor standing in the solar system was much more in my consciousness.

I recall a spiritual woman. For about a year I wanted to know her real name and eventually it was spelt to me in Hebrew letters in meditation.

As it happened the English equivalent names are her middle name, her mother's first name and my mother's first name. And the woman in question never liked the first name she was given

auza121

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have several paintings/prints that allow entities to connect to the room. How was it that you were next to a suitable painting?
Surprisingly just a random painting in a hotel. Since then though ive taken up painting and have had strange/positive results. Some if not all act as gates that entities present themselves through.

On a side note my family has this random print of an italian villa, In a deep meditative state I watched the painting and to my suprise fae started coming out of the buildings and were dancing and playing as if it were a real landscape.

Does your Holy Guardian Angel have a name?
A few years back I did a guided meditation that was supposed to give me contact with my HGA. Going through it you were supposed to ask its name and "ABBADATH" was what came up. At the time I had little Academic knowledge of the path but now having a familiarity with the khabbalistic tree of life, the names defines of the path of Binah/ABBA to Daath (wisdom to Knowledge). Having had no knowledge of the tree of life when I was presented this name makes me put more weight on receiving it. I wonder if it was more of a description of itself or the name it would like to be called. I guess only time will tell.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
random print of an italian villa
I have just such a depiction of a medieval courtyard with no identification. While walking through Florence I suddenly entered an unidentified driveway and there I was in the courtyard - along with memories of Leonardo

To be a bit clearer - Abba is father

Daath is the entry to the next higher Tree.

A functional but not a personal name for HGA

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Mine has moved on and in any case my sponsor standing in the solar system was much more in my consciousness.

I recall a spiritual woman. For about a year I wanted to know her real name and eventually it was spelt to me in Hebrew letters in meditation.

As it happened the English equivalent names are her middle name, her mother's first name and my mother's first name. And the woman in question never liked the first name she was given
Huh how would your HGA move on if it’s you...

Reaction score
Awards
For those who have made contact how does it present for you? Ive had a long standing relationship with a Spirit/ force ( currently presenting itself as I type this). Im trying to discern if what im experiencing falls in line with whats so often talked about in Occult literature.

A bit of background on my relationship with this spirit. Regular Communion came after one of the lowest points in my life. We had to evacuate our house due to the California fires and I ended up going on an alcohol induced bender, blacked out and woke up in the hospital after having my stomach pumped. I had a bashed knee and broken ribs due to getting jumped while black out drunk. Hungover not sure if my knee was irreparably damaged laying in a hotel I was devastated ready to give up on life but in that moment a eye presented itself on the painting next to my bed. it communicated psychically through impressions not speech. Although not verbal the message seemed clear. It was my safety net and everything was going to be ok.

Since that day its been a regular part of my life and seems to guide me away from self destruction towards improving myself.

Off hand I would say that you have encountered your personal guardian angel, or possibly a Shem angel.
Or a spirit, ancestor, who knows, only you can.

My idea of the HGA is after having mastered yourself, in all areas ofd life within and without - where you dare approach the throne of the Ancient of Days without a Mediator. He would guide and guard you on that paired with the Spirit of God. Luckily we know a mediator.

This is my opinion. Ive seen visions, Ive seen nightmares, Ive had encounters, Ive had numerous brushes with and worked for the dead/death.
I have a lot to learn, and will always be as a human, a learner.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
It seems as though Damon Brand is correct in that the HGA is one of the more controversial occult beliefs. From Magickal Destiny:

"Before I knew any of this, I had the fearful belief that only by using quite specific magick rituals could you ever achieve contact with the Angel. Later, when I was traveling in my twenties, I saw from the varied spiritual traditions of the world that this could not be true. I met many people who achieved contact with the Angel using their own methods, arising from their religious and cultural practices. There were varying degrees to which this contact was achieved and various beliefs about the nature and purpose of the Angel, but the Angel was real to more people than I could have imagined.

"Cynics might say these cultures were not connecting with the Angel, but that is insulting. All over the world, people have found ways to connect with their Angel. Those connections are valid.

"As I have already implied, you will find, if you read more widely, that many people have extreme opinions about the Angel, and some write angrily, as though doing so will prove a point. For such an illuminating and beautiful subject, this is quite baffling."

As for methods, he says:

"Earlier in the book, I noted that the infamous Abramelin technique could be crudely summarized as ‘pray with all your heart for eighteen months.’ I can see that the instructions in this book could be treated the same way and summarized as ‘reach for the Angel and see what happens.’ If you deconstruct the method, it looks like nothing much at all, and that could be enough to make anybody have doubts."

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It seems as though Damon Brand is correct in that the HGA is one of the more controversial occult beliefs. From Magickal Destiny:

"Before I knew any of this, I had the fearful belief that only by using quite specific magick rituals could you ever achieve contact with the Angel. Later, when I was traveling in my twenties, I saw from the varied spiritual traditions of the world that this could not be true. I met many people who achieved contact with the Angel using their own methods, arising from their religious and cultural practices. There were varying degrees to which this contact was achieved and various beliefs about the nature and purpose of the Angel, but the Angel was real to more people than I could have imagined.

"Cynics might say these cultures were not connecting with the Angel, but that is insulting. All over the world, people have found ways to connect with their Angel. Those connections are valid.

"As I have already implied, you will find, if you read more widely, that many people have extreme opinions about the Angel, and some write angrily, as though doing so will prove a point. For such an illuminating and beautiful subject, this is quite baffling."

As for methods, he says:

"Earlier in the book, I noted that the infamous Abramelin technique could be crudely summarized as ‘pray with all your heart for eighteen months.’ I can see that the instructions in this book could be treated the same way and summarized as ‘reach for the Angel and see what happens.’ If you deconstruct the method, it looks like nothing much at all, and that could be enough to make anybody have doubts."
You are correct

the HGA in a Kabbalah is what is known as your higher self, what’s part of the Metatron race (Also the name of a translated Enoch)

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I had the fearful belief that only by using quite specific magick rituals could you ever achieve contact with the Angel. Later, when I was traveling in my twenties, I saw from the varied spiritual traditions of the world that this could not be true.

The Guardian/Solar Angel works most easily with a refined/translucent personality - to avoid its energies/intents being distortd.

It also requires a brain that is relatively free from toxins. Brain toxins result in the brain not being able to resonate with the higher mental impulses from the Solar Angel

Reaction score
Awards

Sounds like an angel. Apparently, they're a mess of wings and eyes and light. So a seraphim I'd say. Aren't you lucky.

Reaction score
Awards
Initiation, Human and Solar (available online) may have more information on the Solar angel. Will have to finally read it. That and Teachings of an Initate by Max Heindel.

auza121

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall the matter is dealt with in some detail in both A Treatise on White Magic, and in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire.
Taking a quick look at Treaties on white magick, the rules resonate with me very personally... without going into too much detail are all in this situation or just some?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is long since I read it but as I recall the 15 rules give excellent instruction for white magicians. You will note however that much work is required. While there are beings that help white magicians there are preconditions for that help

All of the rules are important. They are largely sequential with overlap