• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Life's little irritations

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards
Without getting too personal (unless you want to, in which case, by all means), what's the most annoying thing going on in your life right now?

For us, it's our car. We just bought it (used) a year and a half ago, and we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.

oggunista80

Neophyte
Without getting too personal (unless you want to, in which case, by all means), what's the most annoying thing going on in your life right now?

For us, it's our car. We just bought it (used) a year and a half ago, and we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.
Material wise-waiting to start this new job and hoping not to get fired for not meeting the expectation.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
we've officially sunk $10k in repairs into it as of today.
Holy shit... at that point why wouldn't you replace it? You can buy a 2001 Grand Cherokee for $4k tops and it's neither a looker or any kind of status symbol, but it'll reliably get you from A to B for sure. Don't fall prey to the sunken cost fallacy haha.

As for what's annoying in my life...

The lockdown and lack of social interaction. I don't get to meet my GF very often and that causes some problems (very minor in the grand scheme of things). Miss going out to eat and drink and chilling at the office.

Other thing is a bit personal but it's to do with the country I live in and me wanting to move abroad. Actually a lot of bullshit problems and inconveniences I have are because of this shithole country. Lots of import taxes, bullshit laws and lacking modern conveniences I am used to from the western world.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Awards
Holy shit... at that point why wouldn't you replace it? You can buy a 2001 Grand Cherokee for $4k tops and it's neither a looker or any kind of status symbol, but it'll reliably get you from A to B for sure. Don't fall prey to the sunken cost fallacy haha.
We still have a year on the lease. :( We got screwed so hard, and not in the fun way.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
We still have a year on the lease. :( We got screwed so hard, and not in the fun way.
Ahhh, shit man... That sucks. :( I hope it behaves after you get it back from the shop this time!

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards

As for what's annoying in my life...

The lockdown and lack of social interaction. I don't get to meet my GF very often and that causes some problems (very minor in the grand scheme of things). Miss going out to eat and drink and chilling at the office.

Other thing is a bit personal but it's to do with the country I live in and me wanting to move abroad. Actually a lot of bullshit problems and inconveniences I have are because of this shithole country. Lots of import taxes, bullshit laws and lacking modern conveniences I am used to from the western world.

Lol I don't think we've ever had a looker or a status symbol. I'm cheap. Cheap cars are my thing. I'd just kinda like them to run reliably for more than 2 months. =D

I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't see Incog as much as I want. That's rough, dude. Wish people would behave accordingly so we could get this thing whipped already.

I've always wanted to travel, but my BFF lives in Canada and doesn't have access to a lot of my favorite stores because of import taxes and duty fees, so as frustrated as I am with the states rn, I'll probably never live anywhere else. Unless we suddenly get rich and things get worse, that is. Depending on who comes out on top, non-Christians could very well end up with targets on their backs here. Probably won't happen. But after the last five years, I'm not guaranteeing anything.

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards
Material wise-waiting to start this new job and hoping not to get fired for not meeting the expectation.

I'm sure you'll be great! They wouldn't have approached you if you weren't the person for the job. :)

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Lol I don't think we've ever had a looker or a status symbol. I'm cheap. Cheap cars are my thing. I'd just kinda like them to run reliably for more than 2 months. =D

I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't see Incog as much as I want. That's rough, dude. Wish people would behave accordingly so we could get this thing whipped already.

I've always wanted to travel, but my BFF lives in Canada and doesn't have access to a lot of my favorite stores because of import taxes and duty fees, so as frustrated as I am with the states rn, I'll probably never live anywhere else. Unless we suddenly get rich and things get worse, that is. Depending on who comes out on top, non-Christians could very well end up with targets on their backs here. Probably won't happen. But after the last five years, I'm not guaranteeing anything.
Yeah, not being able to get my favorite products and conveniences that I am used to really isn't made up by good weather and beaches. There's so many British, Australian, and American products that I've grown up with and got used to that I can't get now. Plus, for a 3rd world country, shit isn't even fucking cheap here. I'm outta here after covid settles. I'll get to meet @QueenJazz IRL :D

QueenJazz

Archivist
Archivist
Awards
Yeah, not being able to get my favorite products and conveniences that I am used to really isn't made up by good weather and beaches. There's so many British, Australian, and American products that I've grown up with and got used to that I can't get now. Plus, for a 3rd world country, shit isn't even fucking cheap here. I'm outta here after covid settles. I'll get to meet @QueenJazz IRL :D
Yaay

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards
Damn, that's rough. What happened to it?
The heat shield that goes over the catalytic converter popped a couple bolts. I'm worried about whether or not they'll be able to fix it and how much it's gonna cost because it looks like the head of the bolt broke off and the body is still stuck in the hole, and the area around it is kinda rusty. šŸ˜–

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
The heat shield that goes over the catalytic converter popped a couple bolts. I'm worried about whether or not they'll be able to fix it and how much it's gonna cost because it looks like the head of the bolt broke off and the body is still stuck in the hole, and the area around it is kinda rusty. šŸ˜–
Sorry, I missed this. I hope it got fixed!

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
It did but there's still a pinging in the front end that we're hoping doesn't break before we can afford the repairs. Man this car.
Wish I knew something that would help, but I don't know shit about cars! Hopefully you can sell it once the lease is up!

Since this is an occult forum, I would be remiss to not ask if you guys have done any ritual workings on it to help?

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards
Wish I knew something that would help, but I don't know shit about cars! Hopefully you can sell it once the lease is up!

Since this is an occult forum, I would be remiss to not ask if you guys have done any ritual workings on it to help?
Nothing outside of a little energy work to try to keep it from imploding while we're in it. šŸ˜¬

There are a couple used car dealers that usually run specials where they'll pay off the lease and take the car as a trade in. I figured we'd for sure see at least one of these with the way the used car market is rn, but so far, no dice. :/

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Awards
Nothing outside of a little energy work to try to keep it from imploding while we're in it. šŸ˜¬

There are a couple used car dealers that usually run specials where they'll pay off the lease and take the car as a trade in. I figured we'd for sure see at least one of these with the way the used car market is rn, but so far, no dice. :/
I think it's an avenue worth pursuing. At this point, it can't hurt. And the time/financial investment would be close to zero.

When I start skimming my PDF collection again, I'll keep any eye for any practices that may help.

Even a bit of saging wouldn't hurt.

Jaide

Apprentice
Awards
I think it's an avenue worth pursuing. At this point, it can't hurt. And the time/financial investment would be close to zero.

When I start skimming my PDF collection again, I'll keep any eye for any practices that may help.

Even a bit of saging wouldn't hurt.