• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lionskin-belt

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
For yall experienced, should i buy one? I found a source legit for 1k USD.

Can you go into detail about the lionskin belt? What's the point with it? Is it only for protection OR something else/more?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
I'm curious since i practice evocation

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I have never owned a lionskin belt for my Solomonic evocations but then again I use the Trithemius/Rufus Opus method outlined in Modern Angelic/Goetic Grimoire. I would recommend going with a modernized and less demanding system such as that. Following all the traditional rules and requirements is not cheap or easy.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Following all the traditional rules and requirements is not cheap or easy.
Yes i agree 100%, some say they've had better results with the belt, and for myself more protection.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think the writer was a rich man, so he had easy acces to a lionsskinbelt. A poor man would prob have choosen an other attribute to express the same thing. Maybe in this day and age the lionskinbelt even has more meaning as there is no easy acces, price is high and also our worldview has changed so more taboos.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Can you go into detail about the lionskin belt? What's the point with it? Is it only for protection OR something else/more?
I just had a revelation that the lion's skin belt may be dimly associated with Heracles (or Hercules). He wore a lion's skin, which was a symbol of his power. Some magical writers have equated the Art as a heroic or "Herculean" path, meaning that the trials of the magician in achieving power over Nature are like the mythic labors and deeds of that hero - but also pitfalls to be avoided. The association may offer a magical strength to the operator that reinforces the rest of his operations.
Paying the money required might be a Herculean task😬