• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lost Ark

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone playing Lost Ark now that it's out of beta and live?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lol the ark of noah popped in my head this morning. Head goes to church sees a flood of corona and then incognitus showes up telling me its a game, in fucking beta. :eek:

Big yeah for groups consciousness...💖
Hugs GIF

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone playing Lost Ark now that it's out of beta and live?
I'm pretty much aware of it's release because I was actually intended to give it a shot and I prefer to keep myself to this plan regardless of how busy I am in nowadays. If I finally manage to make some free time for Lost Ark, I'll definitely go for it - but unfortunately, I play other games which may require a lot of time and even there I'm less active than I was before, so I'm not sure how much Lost Ark might stick with me, but I was hyped before for it, guess there was a reason back then.​

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I can't let myself be consumed by MMOs haha... I just love them too much and can never draw a line. Maybe later when I've settled down, but I bet by then there'll be something even better.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I can't let myself be consumed by MMOs haha... I just love them too much and can never draw a line. Maybe later when I've settled down, but I bet by then there'll be something even better.
My biggest problem is getting banned. Once I can model the gameplay we'll enough, it's just too fun making a machine that can do it.

Like, I know that's totally "playing the game wrong" or whatever but fffff it's fucking fun.

I quit after I got in way too much trouble with a game that gave me FAR too much power.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
My biggest problem is getting banned. Once I can model the gameplay we'll enough, it's just too fun making a machine that can do it.

Like, I know that's totally "playing the game wrong" or whatever but fffff it's fucking fun.

I quit after I got in way too much trouble with a game that gave me FAR too much power.
Eh, I don't really get that mentality. I've run game servers for decades, starting with a fairly successful MUD (which is still running, just without many players because no one knows what MUDs are anymore), a player-run Ultima Online shard with hundreds of daily players, etc, and I spent more time preventing cheaters and macroers/scripters than just about anything else. It's extremely frustrating for server owners and players who do things within the confines of the rules. I have a 7 Days to Die server I can't open to the public because it takes 5 minutes for someone to cheat, break into your base and steal/destroy everything. "For Fun". Ya, awesome.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Eh, I don't really get that mentality. I've run game servers for decades, starting with a fairly successful MUD (which is still running, just without many players because no one knows what MUDs are anymore), a player-run Ultima Online shard with hundreds of daily players, etc, and I spent more time preventing cheaters and macroers/scripters than just about anything else. It's extremely frustrating for server owners and players who do things within the confines of the rules. I have a 7 Days to Die server I can't open to the public because it takes 5 minutes for someone to cheat, break into your base and steal/destroy everything. "For Fun". Ya, awesome.
So, for my part, I never share my scripts, and usually I write my own frameworks.

The games I generally do this with are not PVP, however. They are PVE. I don't play the leverage game.

It more comes down to the angle I took on The Great Work...

I am putting pretty much all my momentum behind "generalized game theory". This involves needing to understand, to a mechanical level of precision, the things that "win" a game by various definitions of "win".

The one game in which I got in the most trouble was one on which all my scripts and terrible choices were created within the open and accessible script engine of the platform itself. The game had rules that allowed it to be broken.

I will grant that usually, such things were showcased as "problems of the game that need to be fixed through coding solutions, usually by me, some months before they found their way into something bad.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I'm playing it!! I am rather enjoying it so far.
If you're looking for a guild, we're on uhhh Sansa server I think, guild name is Allanthya.

We just got our boats. Really cool.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
If you're looking for a guild, we're on uhhh Sansa server I think, guild name is Allanthya.

We just got our boats. Really cool.
Sasha. The server's name is Sasha. We should play tonight.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I constantly see ads for Lost Ark on reddit now, I'm getting so tempted I almost stopped looking at the erotica I usually go on reddit for.

Might have to seriously consider this game 😂

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I know I'm seeing the ads a lot too lately

Josi

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I play it and I really enjoy it.