• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Lucifer: Hero or Villain

Odin

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's a very complex question for me. But I would say Lucifer is a positive force. Relating Genesis to the original story of Enki v.s. Enlil, where Enki gave freedom and knowledge to mankind, I would say that it is a good thing for mankind, even though we have a long way to go. Even Lucifer in the biblical retelling of the story seems like a positive entity, allowing humanity to see "as God does", even if his reasoning may be skewed from earlier representations. It is of course arguable that maybe Humans were not meant to have this knowledge, but we've lasted this long; and have had strong and knowledgeable people throughout history to show for it.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
The Light of Knowledge.

The Grammer is off, but I like this:
Lex
Una
Congrex
Internus
Flammus
Eternus
Rex

(One Law for the Whole Congregation, the Internal Flame, the Eternal King)

You too Konsciencia.
Interesting, never heard of this before.

Do you think Lucifer being "The Light of Knowledge" is tied in any way to the biblical story of the "forbidden fruit" from the "tree of knowledge"? Any connection to him being vilified in modern Christianity?

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
tied in any way to the biblical story of the "forbidden fruit" from the "tree of knowledge"
There are more detailed accounts in the Sumerian writings. For example

"Ea aided him by instructing Adapa to gain the sympathy of
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and
, who guard the gates of heaven and not to eat or drink there, as such food might kill him. .... Adapa is then offered the "food of life" and "water of life" but will not eat or drink.

...He is brought before Anu, who asks why he will not eat or drink. Adapa replies that Ea told him not to. Anu laughs at Ea's actions, and passes judgment on Adapa by asking rhetorically, "What ill has he [Adapa] brought on mankind?" He adds that men will suffer disease as a consequence, which
may allay. Adapa is then sent back down to earth."

Thus Adapa's refusal denies him immortality.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Weird.. I thought I had replied to SkullTraill?
Roma, I think you have hinted at it more than once that you think Ea / Yah is Lucifer right? I believe this to be true and find it a useful way of looking at things BUT I can also let go off that idea temporarily when I need to.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Ea is not the same as Yah(weh). That can be deduced from Ea breeding the human race but Yahweh was only given by Anu the people of Jacob and as a result was a jealous god.

Ea comes to us as the Prince of Peace while Enlil was/is a sociopath. Both seem to be still around Earth but keeping their heads down since Earth humans developed nuclear weapons

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Ea is not the same as Yah(weh). That can be deduced from Ea breeding the human race but Yahweh was only given by Anu the people of Jacob and as a result was a jealous god.

Ea comes to us as the Prince of Peace while Enlil was/is a sociopath. Both seem to be still around Earth but keeping their heads down since Earth humans developed nuclear weapons
Hm. I read (somewhere sometime that some believe) that Ea is Yah.
I make a distinction between Yah and YHVH.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to send much Love to you guys, Lucifer had been a big influence to me ever since my own experiences with Him. He is an amazing Being! And I Love Him. Anyway you guys, may The Universe, and Lucifer bless you. Thank you for Posting. I Love the knowledge you all shared. Love you all...

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hello everyone, happy New Year! I wanted to see, what is your own definition of who Lucifer is? I have my own answers, but I want to see your own perspectives of what Lucifer represents to you. Best wishes, and may God bless you all. Love you.
A title and a name, though not both at the same time. The title is found in the KJV and refers to the planet Venus. The name, hails from mythology. The story of a fallen angel, lacks substance and I have found no credible source which links "Lucifer" to "Satan" or to the infernal divine.

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Religions seem to find that having an external enemy increases the perceived weakness of the faithful and hence their need for a church clergy to protect them.

It is odd to choose Lucifer - literally "the bearer of light". Perhaps ignorance is strength

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
Religions seem to find that having an external enemy increases the perceived weakness of the faithful and hence their need for a church clergy to protect them.

It is odd to choose Lucifer - literally "the bearer of light". Perhaps ignorance is strength
Yes... yes... and war is peace.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Now what does that remind me of in today's world 🤔

Drezuli

Apprentice
Reaction score
Lucifer is just a title for countless beings. Demonolaters created an egregore that answers to that name and made up enn. Has any magician out there really achieved anything by praying to a Lucifer?

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Lucifer is just a title for countless beings. Demonolaters created an egregore that answers to that name and made up enn. Has any magician out there really achieved anything by praying to a Lucifer?
I never prayed to Lucifer. But I light his candle every day because that is what he represents to me: light that enables to see in the dark.
I can't imagine people praying to him and saying they "serve' him, when his story is about NOT serving.

Telafiel

ᶜᵒᵍⁿⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ ᵇᵉʰᵃᵛⁱᵒʳᵃˡ ᶜʳʸᵒᵗʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ
Reaction score
Awards
I never prayed to Lucifer. But I light his candle every day because that is what he represents to me: light that enables to see in the dark.
I can't imagine people praying to him and saying they "serve' him, when his story is about NOT serving.
It's because people are deaf, and blind. Often intentionally.

They don't listen, they are just hearing.
They don't see, they are just watching.

I think they're looking for "serving" because it may give them the false feeling that they have less responsibility and freedom what they have to deal with, but even this mindset, is a decision came from free will. It's easier to act like a subordinate rather than like someone who have the power to control their life. But we all have it, we just don't want to accept it. This is the truth, picking up a role will not save us from the consequences neither.

What Lucifer has always told to me and kept remind me when I was working with him is:​
,, Always trust in your senses and yourself. ''
,, Do not surrender yourself to your doubts nor keep turning back to them. It'll drag you back to the same Hell what you've overcome once. ''
,, You are powerful and free. ''

He never gave me the vibe of someone who'd thirsts for slaves or subordinates. On the contrary, he had much more of a paternal vibes, radiance and his presence so bright. I often felt treated like an “equal partner” because he was watching my soul, communicating with my soul and not with my ego and it's illusions, expectations.

If you want to approach him with your ego and negative, destructive thoughts, you might get back these as a reflection from him. He can be fair and terrible, just like you or me. Both is natural, both is needed, both is a part of reality and of the Ccosmic Balance.