• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magickal Potions and Tonics

Reaction score
Awards
At work, the 7-11 owners have a clipboard wishlist for students and other customers to note what they'd like to see.
Students often joke of a sexual nature on the wishlist, so I wrote swords.
One replied "your best potions".

So, what exactly makes a potion or tonic magickal? Consecrating it like a talisman or weapon? The final product as it is? User beliefs or faith?

Jiggywiggy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
It's all on perspective when I make them. I mainly do herb mixes for clients. I prefer tinctures because their shelf life is longer. Certain plants/fungi do certain things to the body. Once you understand the potency it's pretty easy to make one. But it's also about the delivery too.

I explain the mixture to the client and the results and always emphasize the results boldly. If there's any side effects I say them first unless they are very bad.

It's not just about what you drink, but what you believe as well.

Example: had someone with a chronic cold for months. Gave them a bottle of vitamin c drink mix(like Orange juice) and said to drink one a day. Promised results in a week. It worked.